• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

FBX2EDF Exporter: Suggestions for improvements.

Started by Hawk, March 04, 2016, 05:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I've noticed that we cannot copy/paste the track code from the FBX2EDF exporter window when it's generated. It would be great if you could enable that ability for us to do that because having to type the track code into the track.ini text file one character at a time can easily lead to mistypes and errors which will lead to no stats data being supplied to the stats system I presume?

Also it would be great to have some indication of whether the FBX2EDF exporter is actually processing the data or not. When processing a large map file that process can take over one hour while processing for super sampling and shadow maps/volumn, and all we can see is a message at the exporter box header saying FBX2EDF(Not Responding).
Now I know that the majority of times we just wait and it will finish processing the map file, but it's frustrating not knowing whether it is actually processing the map file or has it crashed? That's the problem we just don't know what it's doing, so it would be great if there was a graphic that only kept animating if the process was working. If the animation froze then we'd know it had crashed and needed trying again.

Hope you will consider these changes Piboso. Thank you.  :)

Hawk.