• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:50:45 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

B8 Event 4 | Varese Cup Snetterton | WINNER - MEYER12 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, March 10, 2016, 10:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 13, 2016, 10:23:17 AM
Quote from: PeterV on March 13, 2016, 08:46:27 AM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 12, 2016, 11:10:48 PM
I would like the replay Hawk as my GPB decided to only record 8mins4secs on the same 5000 setting that gave me 46mins at Spa race??? GPB cant make its mind up with the video recording?

The setting is not 5000 but 500, its done in MB's now.

It all depends on your machine. My server uses 5000 becasue it is capable and will capture the races that come in up to 5Gb in size. (we already had some at nearly 2Gb).
My Games PC usually has 5000 but for this track I had to lower it to 2000.

You need to set a limit depending on what doesn't give you cores offline (seems an easy way to test).

In this race the whole replay file (pre-qually practice, qually and race) was 689 Mb only! (You just got it all Hawky!)

How Peter got it all with a setting of 300Mb makes no sense to me (or do you mean all the race only?).

The new interesting question is why does it vary with what track it is? It cannot be length because Snetterton is very long. I agree with PeterV - "Something is 'up' with replay size".

But at least we can say if you have cores offline lower your replay size until you don't.  ::)

All I can say is that my replay buffer set at 700 recorded everything from when I entered the race server about 10 mins before qualy started. The replay file I personally cut down to just the race itself to reduce upload time.  ;)

But from what you guys are saying, there is definitely something strange going on there with the replay buffer size setting.  :-\

Hawk.

PeterV

March 13, 2016, 10:45:36 AM #136 Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:47:44 AM by PeterV
Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 13, 2016, 10:23:17 AM

How Peter got it all with a setting of 300Mb makes no sense to me (or do you mean all the race only?).

Nope everything was saved with a bufer of 300MB. Practice Qualy and race.
And ill tell you another thing its only 209 MB in size as well.
Something is definitely up here. What? i dont know yet.

Napalm Nick

Wow that is really crazy so your replay makes a much smaller file than my server. How can that be I wonder? Who knows what is happening ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

And I had a 5000 buffer and only got 8mins4secs and the replay size was 488MB!!! Figure that one out lol

The 5000 setting worked for qually and full race at Spa???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

But were you still getting offline cores with 5000?  I noticed when I did, the replay length would default back to about 10Mb and ignore the setting  ??? Try 999 that should get 90% of the replays (999Mb).

Odd how different machines make different replay sizes. If we knew why I think that info would be very useful.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

YES lots of offline cores!!!

Thanks for the tip will try it out.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

March 13, 2016, 02:42:02 PM #141 Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:06:24 PM by Blackheart
Quote from: dareaper46 on March 13, 2016, 07:58:38 AM
Quote from: Blackheart on March 12, 2016, 08:53:19 PM
WTF Dareaper nearly to 300 ping, there is no control for the max ping ?

At the start there was to do in front of me flying ... impossible for me to understand his position, I preferred the retreat.  :-X

Really black?!?! I have done the past few events with no-one complaining about my ping(Even though its high and I can't help it. I am the only one from South Africa playing this), even you have not complained?!?

So in other words you are suggesting that this be my last event in GPBikes in total? Sorry but you are arrogant and have a rotten attitude. You crashed, and quit. The race was not over for you. Everyone crashed. Everyone had to wait for people to pass them, you are selfish. There has actually been mentioned that you must respect the people who organize it and respect that they have used their time to make this event happen, but I guess you Black are above that criteria ;).

I watched the video of the replay at Spa, and honestly even with my ping @ 300, it does not look like I jump around or interfere to an extent where it is a major problem.

The replay simplifies the lag, showing in general just the front wheel raised, on any other server there is a max ping, just to avoid ruining the game for others., its my opinion is not arrogance.

300ms it is unacceptable IMO

P.S. Obviously I crashed because I had to go almost off the track to avoid your absurd lag. It was implicit.

Napalm Nick

Hmmm.

Well these 'club' races are for everyone but of course if there is a bad problem we must act. So now Blacky does not come anymore anyway, so we will monitor the situation. Everyone is welcome.

Closing the thread.

Oh, by the way, Well done to Meyer and the podium and everyone last night, I forgot to say it earlier.  ;)