• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Question about new tyre referencing in mike physics files

Started by HornetMaX, April 10, 2016, 02:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

@Piboso:

why do we now have, in the bike's .cfg file:

• A (new) tyres section, referencing a new .cfg file (e.g. m_gp1000_03.cfg for the 990)
  • A wheel0 and a wheel1 section containing tyre0, tyre1 etc sections, each referencing a tyre via its ID (and adding to it a name and a numsets value)
And in the m_gp1000_03.cfg file:

• A wheel0 and a wheel1 section containing tyre0, tyre1 etc with an ID and a params file (.tyre)

It seems over-complicated, I really don't see the need for the m_gp1000_03.cfg file: the tyre0, tyre1 sections in the bike's .cfg file could simply reference a .tyre file, no ?

PiBoSo

It is complicated, but needed because it was decided to add shared tyres to MX Bikes.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Yeah I've seen that (the need of tyre sharing across bikes) and it's something good in fact.

But I still can't see why it's needed to have the tyre0/1 etc in the wheel0/1 section of the bike's .cfg: if the bike's .cfg has a tyres section referencing a "master" tyres file (itself referencing multiple tyre files per wheel) then there should be no need for tyre0/1 etc in the wheel0/1 of the bike's .cfg. Or, the other way around: no tyres section (no "master" tyres file) and just reference .tyre files (which can be shared) from the wheel0/1 section of the bike's .cfg.

With the current organization, the ID of a tyre is present at 3 different places (bike's .cfg, master tyre file and .tyre file): I think there's something redundant here.