• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:42 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

TT game announced...

Started by davidboda46, April 14, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfr

Quote from: KG13 on February 14, 2018, 09:43:08 PM
It would great but I do not even have a youtube channel  background so probably it will be hard go get preview build.

If you don't start and try, you'll never know...  ;D

When i contacted Dan and Betty at EDTracker to know better about their product, buy some in group for some French Sim players and did some videos of the EdTracker settings and uses, i had no background, but some Game Studios contacted me after to do other videos but first, that's not my life, i'm a Youtube consumer not a maker and second, the games was nothing like i play (Moba or this kind of 3rd person view in 3D) so i decline.
But i'm sure that if you are into it, really and ready to do lots of reviews (yes, they give you something but they want some back), you just need to find the right angle and attitude to make noise on Youtube.
For example, the French video that DD posted earlier, the guy is screaming constantly, like he is on hype, stupid and makes lot of noise for nothing.
And hey, there's a bunch of Dev and Studios in Poland, that could be a good start... But, you gonna have to stop taking care of others then...  ;D Cuz it's going to eat your life for ... nothing - super hard to have a regular income from Youtube or even Studios, it's like movie industry, it goes by title.

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

KG_03

In Poland motorcycle sport is not very popular. Even if I look at motorcycle game players I know 3 that play regular so my market is not a good place for developer. Anyway you have said it very vell - if I wont try I'll never know :-)

poumpouny

I think that the best game we could have is, the IOM graphic quality, GPbikes physics + Milestone's bike game physics with wich you could suitch from. Like in Dirt 4, you open the game, choose between arcade (milestone physics) or simulation (Gpbikes physics). With that every body will be happy. Is it that hard to make such a game for Big studion like miletsone or big ben ?

Donnie

Have t say does look a bit better on this video and you get a better idea what the game is like.

https://youtu.be/_ijBnmQuf0M

Reactive

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 13, 2018, 12:42:32 PM

But GAWD DAYUM the lighting is so good and circuit is so detailed and realistic, I feel ashamed  :'(

May be that`s why some people here asked to think about Unreal engine? Seems like all this eye candys not only for kids? Is it really so important to write your own 3D engine when you are master of simulation?
Anyway, from what i saw the main goals for GPbikes is solving Z-fights from trees alphas, solving global lightning and baking, more agressive PBR shading.
And im ready to buy your game again if you`ll decide to move on any contemporary game engines.
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Hawk

Quote from: Reactive on February 19, 2018, 05:09:27 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 13, 2018, 12:42:32 PM

But GAWD DAYUM the lighting is so good and circuit is so detailed and realistic, I feel ashamed  :'(

May be that`s why some people here asked to think about Unreal engine? Seems like all this eye candys not only for kids? Is it really so important to write your own 3D engine when you are master of simulation?
Anyway, from what i saw the main goals for GPbikes is solving Z-fights from trees alphas, solving global lightning and baking, more agressive PBR shading.
And im ready to buy your game again if you`ll decide to move on any contemporary game engines.

+1 Totally agree with what you've said there Reactive, especially the part I quote-highlighted in blue.  ;)

To my mind, it is a waste of development time to re-invent the wheel all the time when that time saved could be used in concentrating on the physics code alone as all the rest of the eye-candy is already there in an engine like UE4. Why bust your balls on designing your own graphics engine when there is an industry leader GE that's already there for you to use, and at a great deal for developers too!? :)

KG_03

I don't like UE4. The graphics are candy like, and for some reason it has some weird chromatic aberration on the edges of models. I've read its quite user friendly engine but I doubt that its a good one for simulation games. I personally like the curent engine with the high detailed textures like in case of Donington track. I miss 64bit version so it would allow more detailed textures.

doubledragoncc

Best video so far but speedy needs to tell me what the dude is saying lol

https://www.youtube.com/v/KDY5xjZvWCE

GPBikes 64bit is so baddly needed

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

KG_03

cant wait to play it. Still we didnt see the full sim mode without any assists. I have noticed in previous videos some wird bike behaviour when rear wheel starts to slide...

JohnnoNinja

Quote from: KG13 on February 19, 2018, 12:10:14 PM
I have noticed in previous videos some wird bike behaviour when rear wheel starts to slide...

Also in this video at 10:10 it looks weird how the bike slides...

KG_03

speedfr

February 19, 2018, 10:52:21 PM #192 Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:55:13 PM by speedfr
Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 19, 2018, 10:37:54 AM
Best video so far but speedy needs to tell me what the dude is saying lol

DD

So the guys says at first that he mostly play car games but is interested in motorcycle games too.
Then he explains that for the technical parts of this particular games (sim, arcade or both) he is not the good guys to ask.
Finally, the only thing that i've notice that could give some thrill to the game is the fact that you can play online up to 8 riders.
On 3 tracks.
And even if it wasn't finished for the test, the TT will have his 264 corners and full length.
Graphics are not that great even if you can play it in 4K, 2K or 1080 without issue.
He is playing on a xbox pad.

Doesn't change my own consideration of this game. Crap. Sorry... ;D

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 19, 2018, 10:37:54 AM

GPBikes 64bit is so baddly needed

DD

Oh yes +1

Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

doubledragoncc

I feel so bad wanting this game!!! I am so devoted to GPBikes and Piboso, but until we get GPB in 64bit we are not going to have a chance to get close to IOM TT in GPB and it is the track we all want to ride.

Sorry Mr P but you need to realize that most issues with GPB are down to being 32bit constriction of memory usage and its causing major problems as tracks and bikes require the LAA hack to be used. This means we CANT get what we want out of GPB until you go full 64bit. Its 2018 not 1998 any more and to be competetive in the sim world you have to have a stable program and not rely on any kind of hack to just run the sim with mods that keep the sim alive for us all.

Heres the latest onboard with no commentary thank god from VVV

https://www.youtube.com/v/0pwVSD3dQSo

Forget about adding this and adding that, just make GPB stable and work on making it 64bit and I think most problems will be solved by doing so.

GPB rules and always will in my eyes, but it needs to be 64bit to work.

Thanks for all your hard work Mr P

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

KG_03

In terms of gameplay GP Bikes rizes the bar so hight that I doubt that any motorcycle game will be as fun to ride in multiplayer and in offline mode. But I really hope that Pib won't give up on developing the game despite he is alone and not game sales are not as good as the game deserves.
I recently bought MX Bikes and damn I love the game engine so much.

As for IoM TT game, not to make an off topic. I like that they added looking into corner option. Still the physics are far from good. We will see, 1 more month to game release on PC.