• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

TT game announced...

Started by davidboda46, April 14, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KG_03

Well in steam platform you can buy the game and try it for 2 hours if you dont like it you can refund it. I really dont understand why people dont see a difference between stealing someones work and stealing a game from a shop.

Napalm Nick

+1
Yet they spend £5 on a cup of coffee robbing themselves quite happily.

Mind you Steam is £15 more! Wtf.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Wimp #97

Don't get me wrong, if i like it, i'll buy it for sure. Just wanna test it first and the 2 hours refund sometimes is quite short.
Wimp #97

Champion Moto2 International Cup 2018

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 28, 2018, 10:22:37 AM
I really hope 'motorcycle enthusiasts' are buying the game to support the genre. No money means no development and more abandoned projects.
I see your point, but in a free market sales are the collective customers demand. So according to your rationale the sales/demand would be biased and companies creating new software in that genre would be even more under the impression that customers want zero physics and only care about visuals. Well in fact many do  ::)  but it would be better if the ratio of sales arcade to sim would be 3:1 instead of 10:1. ;)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Napalm Nick

@Stouty Stouty Stout Stout. ;D

I was talking (subtly so not to upset anyone) about stealing the game. I have this old-days dreamy hope that motorcycle enthusiasts are a cut above the general rat race and stick together like brothers.  Back in the day blah blah. Piboso and PigPen smashing beers together etc.

If you did in fact, see my point, your reply means you agree it should be stolen not bought haha! Some might agree it's so bad it shouldn't be paid for lol. I think you did not see it really.

Subtlety in a multi racial forum is right up there with irony. Dangerous in the wrong hands hehe  ;)

However, I'm still mentally wrestling your point. Will no sales make them think 'damn we need to add physics cos nobody is buying it' or will they think 'it was a crazy idea there is no market, let's make a car game'.

Actually I think PigPen might think the former judging by the changes they made before release on the back of feedback. Let's hope so.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Stout Johnson

March 28, 2018, 02:22:04 PM #305 Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:26:38 PM by Stout Johnson
@Palmy Palmy Nick Nick :P

Sorry, I did not see your reference was only 'better buy than steal'. I agree with that ofc. Stealing should not be an option.  :)

Quote from: Napalm Nick on March 28, 2018, 01:34:04 PM
However, I'm still mentally wrestling your point. Will no sales make them think 'damn we need to add physics cos nobody is buying it' or will they think 'it was a crazy idea there is no market, let's make a car game'.
Well ofc some will go and make a different kind of game. Those are out of the picture anyhow. But those which decide to make sth in the motorcycle genre, will be more likely to go into the sim direction. That's the whole point... And un-debatable  *wink* *wink* ;D

Having arcade games like that TT game for me is like having no new game at all. For me it just is not on the radar. For me it is as enticing to buy it as it is to buy a bag of hair curlers...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Well personally I think those that buy games to support developers in a particular genre are idiots if the developer produces a crap product.... and lets face it, as far as sim fans are concerned the I.O.M. TT game just released by Big Ben is total shyiit for a sim!! Looks great! But total shyiiit... it doesn't come anywhere close to a simulation!!  ::) ???

If your going to support a developer for creating bike sims then at least support a good one so we don't keep getting all this arcade/sim crap from the likes of Milestone and Big Ben!! Don't buy and hopefully those companies will die a quick and painful death. Lol! Woohooo!  ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

We need more expressive emoji's here please Pib!  ;) ;D

BOBR6 84

It isnt that bad... im actually enjoying the challenge lol handling is a bit strange but im getting used to it..

https://youtu.be/9w8saDwVL0w

Napalm Nick

Hawk

March 28, 2018, 04:14:43 PM #309 Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:24:55 PM by Hawk
ROFL!! Good start Nick!  ;D ;D

@Bob: Very nice video mate!  ;D
But surely you can't be saying the physics are anywhere near even good? And if you play it long enough then of course you will start getting used to the poor physics, but getting used to terrible physics will never make it a good game. Lol.  ;D

Grooveski

If the onboard camera had more of a helmetcam vibe instead of being a tilting tankcam I'd maybe forgive the magic carpet physics and play it some more.
...but then if a helmetcam was attached to that twichy rider it'd do your head in.   :P

Track is soooo nice it hurts that I'll likely never want to play it again.  :(
Will no doubt have another spin to have a good look at the model - out of curiosity as a modder...  (seeing Project Cars 2 version of Knockhill showed me I've a lot to learn when it comes to skinning)
...but I reckon that's it for TT Isle of Man.  One lap.   ::)

BOBR6 84

Yeah its no bike physics sim. no bike setup or anything... but its playable.. im enjoying trying to be smooth and learn the track to do a proper lap  ;D its not easy at all lol.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on March 28, 2018, 03:48:43 PM
It isnt that bad... im actually enjoying the challenge lol handling is a bit strange but im getting used to it..

https://youtu.be/9w8saDwVL0w

Go BOBPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

Great video m8 thank you

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Grooveski on March 28, 2018, 04:41:44 PM
I'd maybe forgive the magic carpet physics

Lol !! Best definition ever.

KG_03

I really really do not understand that kind of thinking:
"I will steal the game because it sucks". Someone spent one year or more in his work, giving up family life to have money for living and someone without respect steals the game because it sucks. This world will never be right when people think that way. The game is not perfect physics are bad but its not a reason to shit on developers. Talking to some people: how would you feel if a customer or person came to you and say "your work is shit and I wont pay you because i dont ;ike your result"