• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:49 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

TT game announced...

Started by davidboda46, April 14, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Quote from: KG_03 on March 29, 2018, 06:55:51 AM
I really really do not understand that kind of thinking:
"I will steal the game because it sucks". Someone spent one year or more in his work, giving up family life to have money for living and someone without respect steals the game because it sucks. This world will never be right when people think that way. The game is not perfect physics are bad but its not a reason to shit on developers. Talking to some people: how would you feel if a customer or person came to you and say "your work is shit and I wont pay you because i dont ;ike your result"

The "people" take the game free for try it, ok 2 hours with steam? no thx.

The game is not optimized well, so my PC can't run smooth to 60fps, so i dont buy it. But I've deleted this, in the past I have bought any single Milestone game because are arcade but good games. This one is just bad.

And i never named these games "crap" because im not a idiot, i know how much work there is behind these games.

Stout Johnson

March 29, 2018, 07:26:54 AM #316 Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:34:05 AM by Stout Johnson
I really really do not understand that kind of thinking:
"I will steal the game because it sucks". Someone spent one year or more in his work, giving up family life to have money for living and someone without respect steals the game because it sucks.
I can second that. It is totally anti-social behaviour. I reckon the anonymity of the stealing and also of the one's that did the hard work contributes to that. But still it is stealing. It clearly shows lack of empathy or intellect (or both).

This world will never be right when people think that way.
Well, sorry to break it to you. There will always be stupid people wandering this beautiful planet.  ;)  One just has to accept it: As long as humans are on this planet there will be wonderful people, but also always be stupid people. It has always been like that. There's a wide spectrum. Don't let your time on earth be any less enjoyable because of that.

Quote from: Blackheart on March 29, 2018, 07:04:12 AM
That's bullshit and only an excuse for yourself to justify. I have always been able to tell within 30 mins whether a game is worth it or not. The only game genre where I could understand that 2 hours might not sufficient are adventure or other games which have a story behind them. The reason you think 2 hours are not sufficient is because you probably like the game, but you do not like it 100%. But that does not entitle you to steal it. You have to decide for yourself whether this mediocre game which probably offers 10hrs of entertainment for you until you are fed up with it (then you probably randomly play it twice a year) is worth the amount they want you to pay for it. If not don't buy it. Or you can also always wait until it gets cheaper and might better fit what it is worth to you. But stealing is just weak.

If I want a coffee and I see that the coffee-to-go is priced at 2,50 Euro I have to decide for myself whether that is worth it for me. Steam is generous, they even offer you to take a sip from the coffee before you decide whether to buy or not. But you just can't steal the coffee if you are a grown-up man. Take responsibility. Simple as that.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Blackheart

March 29, 2018, 07:46:53 AM #317 Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 07:48:30 AM by Blackheart
Quote from: Stout Johnson on March 29, 2018, 07:26:54 AM
Quote from: Blackheart on March 29, 2018, 07:04:12 AM
That's bullshit and only an excuse for yourself to justify. I have always been able to tell within 30 mins whether a game is worth it or not. The only game genre where I could understand that 2 hours might not sufficient are adventure or other games which have a story behind them. The reason you think 2 hours are not sufficient is because you probably like the game, but you do not like it 100%. But that does not entitle you to steal it. You have to decide for yourself whether this mediocre game which probably offers 10hrs of entertainment for you until you are fed up with it (then you probably randomly play it twice a year) is worth the amount they want you to pay for it. If not you can also always wait until it gets cheaper and might better fit what it is worth to you. But stealing is just weak.

10 hrs? After 1 hour deleted. For test the game on Steam i need buy it with my card, if I haven't money in the prepaid card in that moment. I prefer download the torrent for try it, what is the problem?  ???

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 28, 2018, 07:11:13 PM
Quote from: Grooveski on March 28, 2018, 04:41:44 PM
I'd maybe forgive the magic carpet physics

Lol !! Best definition ever.

Totally agree Max! Lol!  ;D

"Magic carpet physics".... Love that expression Groove! ROFL!! ;D

janaucarre

Hi,
Tested this game on one lap with sbk.
Nice feeeling with the bike, a bit more than 30 minutes to close the lap.
The braking is very bad, no analogical rear brake, beurk.
But right left steering is better than other bikes games tested during years, except gpbikes hehe.

matty0l215

I get a similar feeling Jana

The breaks are terrible (ive never seen a bike go broadside when breaking before :P )

And i dont know if its just me but the input lag seem horrendus. A carrier pidgeon would get tbe inputs there quicker

GPB has been spoiling us for to long. I have a renew respect for how well GPB does its handeling even though it is still a bitt biggy ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

-aGy-

March 29, 2018, 10:25:51 AM #321 Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:27:26 AM by -aGy-
nice game i dont have any issues with brakes anymore and no input lag. default cockpit view maybe too high so i use joysticks slider to adjust camera. i use dfgt

Grooveski

March 29, 2018, 03:34:52 PM #322 Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:36:32 PM by Grooveski
Quote from: matty0l215 on March 29, 2018, 10:19:14 AM
GPB has been spoiling us for to long.

Not just GPB - Tourist Trophy, GP500, SBK 2001, Test Drive, even Jester's TT game(for all it was a barely controllable wheelie-fest)....

Loads of folk have managed to keep it a game while still making it feel like there was a bike under you. 
...and I don't remember hordes of folk all saying what they'd prefer is an oversimplified affair where you could brake 50m too late, slam it into a corner any-old-how, bounce off a couple of other riders and maybe a wall or two and be spat out the corner exit leading the pack.
....but over the years that's the direction the companies making them have gone.
It's a mystery to me, I don't get it at all.   ???

Read somewhere that BigBen are also doing the new Test Drive(3).  When I first heard I thought "hope this one has bikes again" but having tried TT IOM I can't say I'm fussed if they bother or not.  If it didn't even match the feel of the original version it'd just be depressing.
I'm not saying the original version was any kind of work of art by-the-way - but the bikes felt a bit bikey, crashed like bikes, wobbled and shook in the right kind of way...

Manu's original Moto2 set would make an awesome base for an arcada game.  ;D  Let you away with murder but being GPB you still had the all the right sensations going on underneath you.
Like everyone else I much prefer it now after the updates but first time out at Phillip Island I remember thinking "if only GTA and the likes felt like this...."

Davide74

Physics is the most regrettable thing I've tried for 2 decades.

I just like the lighting, the TT circuit and the sound of the explosions, the rest is garbage

TimboC137

Quote from: Grooveski on March 29, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

Manu's original Moto2 set would make an awesome base for an arcada game.  ;D  Let you away with murder but being GPB you still had the all the right sensations going on underneath you.
Like everyone else I much prefer it now after the updates but first time out at Phillip Island I remember thinking "if only GTA and the likes felt like this...."

i gotta admit, i thought this as well. i also think those bikes would be perfect for the demo. it would draw so many non sim players in.

KG_03

I totally sunk into IoM TT world. I would say this game is so immersive thanks to graphics, sounds and nice onboard camera. Unfortunately the rear wheel physics and some some lacks in animations destroys the overall feeling.

Nice that I can play with some of the GP Bikes players and play again with old friends :-)

connorhall70

how do u deal with the bike flying off in a different direction when you brake? its so fucked?!
GanjaGod

KG_03

April 01, 2018, 08:56:49 PM #327 Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 09:00:47 PM by KG_03
Yeah its a problem widely discussed on the steam forums.... unfortuantely this thing is caused by weird simulation of rear tyre grip loss. Once rear loose grip nothing not much can be one. So the best way is not allow this thing to happen. If you go too fast better start braking earlier and slightly, move weight backward, otherwise the rear tire will rise up hita bump and cause imidiate crash. If you go slow and rear will loose grip the only way to save it is to add throttle move weight backward and try to countersteer it.

Yes the rear slide is so stupid because there is no proper simulation. In Ride games or gp bikes once rear is sliding out you can countersteer with handelbar and manage to handle the slide. In IoM TT the front tire is always set in the long axis of the bike and you steer the bike only by leaning it, so even if you lean the bike the oposite direction of the slide, front tire is still pointing forward thats why you will almost never manage the slideout. Its a big shame.

We will see how developers will react to that claims. Will they do anything? Unfortunately this might be hard because it needs lots of work and the end result can be worse or turn the game into 100% arcade racer what will be even worse :-( I am very unhappy with the rear behaviour as I think that in real life some of the slides can be saved by countersteering with handlebar and proper throttle management whats not possible in this game what drives me crazy.

They need to improve even more things like rider weight balance visualiastion, change of the camera height during braking, maybe add a feedback to the front tire when its loosing grip like in Ride games (currently the only vibration comes from livery and bumps), also multiplayer is crashing in some situations or the options do not save what was chosen. Fortunately they announced that they will work and release some patches along with Sidecar DLC. We will see...

-aGy-

Quote from: connorhall70 on April 01, 2018, 04:52:15 PM
how do u deal with the bike flying off in a different direction when you brake? its so fucked?!

dont brake so hard :o