• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:50 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Honda NR750 v. 1.0

Started by Blackheart, April 21, 2016, 12:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle

QuoteNot commenting on any system in particular but i expect most modders would be targeting decent performance for cards in the £100-150 bracket, these typically represent the value end of gaming systems assuming the rest of the system is of similar supporting spec. Today that gets you from GTX750ti to  GTX960 with 2GB VRAM (or equivalent AMD) quite a powerful card relative to GPB base specification and should provide around 150 to 200fps single player at 8*AA and everything else maxxed on most tracks.
Well, I do not have the money to spend on that at the moment. And it would be pretty hard to install one of those on a laptop. Well, not on mine at least, hah!
QuoteAs the graphics are all hosted locally and only the 'game' positional data is transmitted via the server it should not really impact on line play if the local machine is sensibly configured.
Oh it doesn't really have to do with the network algorithm, as -- theoretically and for example -- only physical (positions, rotations, velocity, angles or axises, player state etc...) and informational (client state, chosen bike, chosen paint etc...) data would be transited; which is a very fast and normally lightweight process. The rest is indeed handled locally (including bike data loads).
QuoteIt is important to optimize the temporary model in line with PB's specs (low poly/no texture) to ensure rider joining delay/stutter is minimised.
In my opinion, the use of a general 'default' (and geometric adaptive if in need of accurate physics?) low poly and poorly rendered model loaded on connection would be more adapted. It would permit to have a clear visual on the user in plus of preventing connection freezes; thus not harming the experience of those who are already playing. This relates more to the simulator's development concepts and solutions, though.

CiccioPazzo84x