• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:39 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

R.I.P. RFactor, Hello WRS?

Started by bison160, April 22, 2016, 05:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

I really like the fact P has made it so it is harder to cheat, I hate that kind of person. I do though have a question.

It is actually GPB related but it kinda fits in with the anti cheat function of your bike having to match the one on the server to stop cheating in performance of the bike. Please move where you think this should go.

As GPB is now it is great. It is for simulation of racing motorcycles in the more professional end of the racing scene. As has been said elsewhere GPB needs sales and a way to attract new customers. I dont mean something to implement right now but just wonder if it would be possible in the future.

My question is: Is it possible to have an OPEN class of bikes where ANY mod would be permitted and could be used online in races. What I am thinking of is the lower class of racing where the backstreet races are. The bikes are modded with whatever you can afford or fabricate and you put your mechanical skill to the test as well as your riding skills. Basically a class where we could mod them as we please knowing someone will get silly with a mod, but will it work against other modded bikes in a race.  There could be limitations made to stop it getting silly but leave it for people to really get personal with the bike they are riding. I think it would be of interest to many. It is not a gimmick, it is as in real life and it is fun.

I just wondered about the possibility of this on a server as you normally must have a bike with matching data. Could you make it so it could be variable to a limit like the bike setup is or the visuals are?

Thanks for any input and sorry its a bit off theme. It was the cheat thing got me thinking.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

As far as I know DD, there is nothing stopping that right now.... Only trouble is that you would get bikes with 1000BHP and other bikes with 90BHP, what would be the point? I mean we saw what riders will choose when we tried to get riders to choose the 500 or the 1000cc bikes for an open race - 99.9% of riders will always choose the most powerful bike given the option - Most people have no sense of fun when there is a race to be won. Lol

The fun side of it would be seeing the different design of bikes modders came up with, but there's certainly nothing stopping that right now as far as I know?  :-\

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Thats why I said modding WITH limitations to stop stupid over exaggerated power etc.

In real life a Suzuki 1000cc motor can only be so much bigger, if the limitations were as IRL it would be a very fun class and in would not be allowed to have 90hp vs 1000hp!!! I aint that stupid bro lol.

Think of Forza for bikes but not for silly pretty paintjobs, we can do that now lol, but for modding parts like exhaust etc. If someone could come up with the formula for say a yoshi or other pipe that you could edit into your bikes file, you could have a realistic ADDON system that we could all play with. Like going to a tuner and buying the parts and bolting them on in your combination.

Forza has it graphically, we could do it by editing bike files. Its possible now just not allowed and there are no know specifics for certain components, but we can sort it out for sure.

I think it would make a great personal class of racing.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

It would be another string to the gpbikes bow for sure.

Maybe call it something other than 'open' mode as we already have that.

As you know the current open mode means not only does the server have to have all the bikes of the player but also every player must therefore have every bike of the server and hence all the other players, so I can only see this being circumvented by Piboso having a mode where file checking is less strict.

For example: everyone has file checking for model type but not necessarily the engine file of that model or, as you suggest, more lax checking of some of the engine characteristics (eg: using Ballpark figures instead). Trouble is humans are cnuts and will just bang up everything to the Max limit like saddo's lol.

I'm sure it could be done why not stick it in the wishlist section? Everyone's entitled to 3 wishes I think? Rub that lamp  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I was thinking "StreetFighter" as thats almost what it is. I know the class is basically naked bikes but its a cool name and fits the bill.

As I said, if we had it so we figured out(some of you already have) the certain things we just edit in a set way for say a perticular exhaust or certain pistons, we could BUILD our motors, our whole bike technically, not graphically (YET) but enough to make it real fun and personal, a la forza.

If organized correctly it would be a blast and give 3D modders a larger scope to, plus custom name of bike=no license needed

DD