• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:06:35 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 9 | Muzzy Roadrace | WINNER - NUOVAIC | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, April 22, 2016, 12:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grooveski

It's funny.  Yesterday I could see what folk were meaning.  The model's a bit micky mouse and only having two tree textures doesn't help it out much either.
Today though - didn't notice any of it.  All I could see was the next braking marker, the next edge to hug and the next apex.   :)

Kinda enjoying the track now that I've cooled off on the braking heroics.  The problem I was having with the higher gears seems to have been caused by me not backing off the throttle while changing up.  A little finesse and things are working fine now.  :D

matty0l215

I remember the 600 race we had here ages ago, it was really fun but bloody hell it was difficult when you were out on your own.

It's better when you're in a group that can be each others breaking markers almost.

Shame JJS never finished the track or Hořice.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Meyer#12

Quote from: matty0l215 on April 23, 2016, 07:17:14 PM
I remember the 600 race we had here ages ago, it was really fun but bloody hell it was difficult when you were out on your own.

It's better when you're in a group that can be each others breaking markers almost.

Shame JJS never finished the track or Hořice.

Absolutely agree with all of this Matty!

It is very difficult to push to the limits, missing your perfect braking spot is absolutely impossible to do for few laps in a row.

The 600 race was very good! i was not the fastest but i found a steady pace and crashed less haha :D

Now i think i get quite well along here with the 500cc so will be fun tomorrow :)

Yeah, this and Horice in finished version would be great!
Meyer#12

nuovaic

Quote from: Grooveski on April 23, 2016, 07:13:19 PM
It's funny.  Yesterday I could see what folk were meaning.  The model's a bit micky mouse and only having two tree textures doesn't help it out much either.
Today though - didn't notice any of it.  All I could see was the next braking marker, the next edge to hug and the next apex.   :)

Kinda enjoying the track now that I've cooled off on the braking heroics.  The problem I was having with the higher gears seems to have been caused by me not backing off the throttle while changing up.  A little finesse and things are working fine now.  :D

Put shift help on. It helps!

Napalm Nick

April 23, 2016, 08:03:00 PM #19 Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 08:15:11 PM by Napalm Nick
Agree with what you say Groovy about the track. Once you are concentrating the aesthetics are not so important.

I have a soft spot for Hengelo I guess as it was JJS209 first go at building a track and he let me test it in the early days until completion and he did a real good effort there to get us a RoadRace track.  And as you are saying we had some good races here.  One of my favourites was with the Roadster_FZ6 man that is a fun bike. I really like it and great for 1st person races everywhere too.

Will it come back JJ? Are you still reading this stuff? maybe I PM you.

Don't be too hard on the track guys. Personally it is only the grass textures I hate which could be an easy fix (it is like a mosaic pattern which fux with my eyes especially riding on it!. Oh and if you see the buildings and 3D objects look wrong it is because you are going the WRONG WAY round the track !!! haha common mistake there.

Oh and the secret infield section of track is also a nice touch  ;) Lets do this thang!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Grooveski

You can tell a ton of work has been done getting the bumps just so.  The one at the bus-stop braking zone is similar to the one I've to add at the knockhill hairpin.  Subtle and ok until you push too hard...
...then it's anything but ok.   :D

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

My theoretical best is a 1.55 I can do this ;D
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

nuovaic

Put me down please Nick.
It's hard, but if Nick and Meyer can do it...

nuovaic

How about an easy one sometime?
My suggestion would be the little used 125 cup and Norisring. Not much to learn on the track, but with two wide 180 deg hairpins after slipstreaming straights it's an overtaker's dream and could be a fun track for racing. Visually stunning too.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: nuovaic on April 24, 2016, 09:18:51 AM
Put me down please Nick.
It's hard, but if Nick and Meyer can do it...

Sure! But for the record I cannot do it lol.

Quote from: nuovaic on April 24, 2016, 09:24:55 AM
How about an easy one sometime?
My suggestion would be the little used 125 cup and Norisring. Not much to learn on the track, but with two wide 180 deg hairpins after slipstreaming straights it's an overtaker's dream and could be a fun track for racing. Visually stunning too.

Everyone welcome to suggest what they would like. The only thing about this I would say is are you sure about that bike? It is soooo annoying with its front end folds and no-one uses the damn thing. Need that ITA version or use the S80s. I will try anything though, the problem is the same for everyone so who can overcome it best will win. 
My concern is people might be put off from entering  :-\

nuovaic

I tried it, doesn't fold anywhere on this track. Might be my riding style tho ???

doubledragoncc

April 24, 2016, 10:27:35 AM #27 Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:29:29 AM by doubledragoncc
After watching Moto3 just now S80 on Jerez would be a great race. Stock 125 is not good enough to use IMO it folds to easy for MOST people.

DD

EDIT: OR a S80 AND MotoGP at Jerez. The MotoGP is sooooooooo good and we need to race them. Manu did so much work for us to have them it is only right we use them asap
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: nuovaic on April 24, 2016, 10:13:07 AM
I tried it, doesn't fold anywhere on this track. Might be my riding style tho ???

Will give it a try when back at peecee.

Is Nosiring NDS?

nuovaic