• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:31:10 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

WRS issues on 4K tv

Started by bison160, April 24, 2016, 11:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bison160

So I have been using a 1080 native monitor and resolution for WRS. I built a cockpit that uses a 43" 4K screen and hooked my PC up to it. It seems to switch the TV over to 1080 when WRS starts up. However, I can only move the mouse over a small rectangle on the screen. The pointer will not go low enough on the screen to get to settings. WRS is running in full screen mode.

Most other games have a "config" you can run outside of the app and set the resolution but I can't find such a thing with WRS. Any ideas?

PiBoSo

This problem has been reported several times before with external TV.
Could you please write more about the hardware setup?
Is the TV the only monitor, or is the PC connected to other monitors, too?
What graphics card are you using? Is the TV connected with an HDMI cable?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

janaucarre

The same problem happens with gpbikes.
win7 64
dualcore 2ghz
graphic card little amd

PiBoSo

Quote from: janaucarre on April 25, 2016, 11:52:39 AM
The same problem happens with gpbikes.
win7 64
dualcore 2ghz
graphic card little amd

There are report in KRP and MXB, too.
Same question to you, too:
Is the TV the only monitor, or is the PC connected to other monitors, too?

h106frp

Seems to be a lot of linked issues with connection type, refresh rate and supported resolutions and win7 scaling

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-peripheral/how-connect-4k-screen-pc-3634369/

bison160

Hardware specs are Win 8.1 Intel i7 PC gtx970 card connected with monster HDMI to 43" Vizio TV. The PC was hooked up to and working fine on a Sony 24" monitor. At 1080x1920.

bison160

No ideas?
Would it be terribly hard to create an external graphics configuration separate from the sim that then applied those settings the next time you open the sim?

PiBoSo

Quote from: bison160 on April 26, 2016, 05:59:50 AM
Hardware specs are Win 8.1 Intel i7 PC gtx970 card connected with monster HDMI to 43" Vizio TV. The PC was hooked up to and working fine on a Sony 24" monitor. At 1080x1920.

Is the monitor still linked to the PC? Or is the graphics card linked to the TV only?
It is possible to manually change the resolution editing the file profile.ini in "My Documents"\PiBoSo\World Racing Series\profiles\"your profile name"\
or, if it's a clean install, editing the file wrs.ini in the wrs folder in the World Racing Series installation folder.

bison160

The card is linked to tv only. I have not tried setting up both I guess. I'll play around tomorrow and see what happens.

bison160

Quick update. By editing the Ini file I was able to change the res but the problem persists. However by running it in windowed mode I am now able to move the mouse around the entire screen. The only bad part is the blue box around the outside😕

PiBoSo

May 04, 2016, 07:32:50 PM #10 Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:35:15 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: bison160 on May 04, 2016, 09:41:22 AM
Quick update. By editing the Ini file I was able to change the res but the problem persists. However by running it in windowed mode I am now able to move the mouse around the entire screen. The only bad part is the blue box around the outside😕

Thank you for the report.
To clarify: in fullscreen, you have the same problem regardless of the resolution set?

bison160

correct. it does seem that the higher the resolution, the smaller the area on the screen i can get to with the mouse.

HornetMaX

I'm not sure it's related, but within an output plugin on a 16:9 screen (monitor, not even talking about tv) it is as if the X (hor) axis [0,1] range corresponds to the one of a 4:3 screen.

I have to manually "expand"  my coords (e.g. X=0 and X=1 goes to X = -0.33 and 1.33, random number, just for example) in order to get have something that spans the whole screen width.
If I use 0 and 1 for X, they are not the leftmost and rightmost of a 16:9 screen. No issue n vertical axis.

To do this I have to call SetNormPosAndSize with scale_widfth = true:

#define WINDOW_PROPORTION 1.3333333333333f // Window aspect ratio = 4 / 3.

float HUDWidget::MapXToFullWidth(float x) const
{
return (x * (1 + 2.0f * m_fMapXFactor) - m_fMapXFactor);
}

void HUDWidget::SetNormPosAndSize(float posX, float posY, float width, float height, bool scale_width)
{
RECT rect;
GetClientRect(FindWindow(NULL, MH_GAME_WINDOW_NAME), &rect);
// Tricky: for some reasons, 0 and 1 in x coord do not correspond to left
// and right margins. They corrsepond to the margins of a 4:3 screen with
// identical resolution.
m_fMapXFactor = 0.5f * ((((float) rect.right/(float) rect.bottom) / WINDOW_PROPORTION) - 1);

if (scale_width)
m_fWidth  = width * (1.0f + 2.0f * m_fMapXFactor);
else
m_fWidth  = width;
m_fHeight = height;

// Negative X --> distance from right.
if (posX >= 0)
m_fPosX = MapXToFullWidth(posX);
else
m_fPosX = MapXToFullWidth(1.0f + posX) - m_fWidth;
// Negative Y --> distance from bottom.
if (posY >= 0)
m_fPosY = posY;
else
m_fPosY = 1.0f + posY - m_fHeight;
}

if it's unrelated, just delete the post :)