• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:28:36 AM

New Rider 3d model

Started by Manu, April 28, 2016, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

April 28, 2016, 12:07:22 PM Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:00:19 PM by Manu
I'm trying to create a new rider 3d model, but I'm having some problems.

I have a 3d biped model in 3dsmax with all the bones using in the original GPBikes rider 3d model. I think the problem is the bone named RiderRIG_Root.

Here is a picture showing the deformation of the 3d model in the game.

What am I doing wrong? I need something else?

3DSMax Biped

GPBikes Custom Rider

GPBikes Original Rider

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

h106frp

Just a guess but are the local axis rotated, its just that the helmet axis bug seems to be present

Hawk

I think I'd better say to you Manu that the rider is tied into GPB physics, so it'll be interesting how you manage that part in the rider integration process. Also, what software are you using to export the rider to Pibs proprietary format? We couldn't find any that would export in that format.  ;)

I'll be following this with great interest because I'd love to see some classic rider models in GPB.  ;D

Good luck mate!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

RiccoChicco

@Hawk

The rider is just a rigged 3D model exported as edf. Rig parts name can be read in rider.cfg.

@Manu

Can you send me the 3ds max file in private? Maybe I could try something  :)

Hawk

Quote from: RiccoChicco on April 29, 2016, 09:34:03 AM
@Hawk

The rider is just a rigged 3D model exported as edf. Rig parts name can be read in rider.cfg.

@Manu

Can you send me the 3ds max file in private? Maybe I could try something  :)

Yes but what about when it comes to tying in the animation? Or is Manu just trying to swap the original rider model with a new one? That would be interesting.  ;D

Looking forward to seeing the result.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

RiccoChicco

Yep, it seems that Manu replaced the 3D model using a rig named the same as the original ingame rider. The anim works on the rig using parts name, so you should be able to replace the rider (but still no possibilities to modify the animations) and get it work very well!  :)

Warlock

Foot reduction?   Yeah !   ;D

This could be great Manu, best of lucks

Grooveski

Looks a bit like a rotational transform matrix problem.

Have seen similar oddities when a model has come from a program that's added it's own base matrix and hadn't been reset before export. 
In MAX you can select everything and go to Utilities>Reset XForm>Reset Selected

The quick cure used to be converting to .LWO before going to the game conversion format - always appeared to clear down the matrix.

Manu

I'm still doing tests and have achieved some results. The problem is that the rider is reversed  :o

It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Blackheart

Vini

Would indeed be interesting to know why PiBoSo changed it.

Good find!

Hawk

Hi Manu.

Have you made any further progress on the above issues?  :)

Hawk

Manu

Manu

Good news! I'm about to get a new, perfectly functional rider model.

I've been doing a lot of testing and I think it will come soon.

Unfortunately I can only change the 3d model but not the animations.

h106frp