• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Server feedback and wishlist

Started by dibu, December 20, 2013, 03:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

Quote from: Alby46 on December 20, 2013, 06:07:09 PM
hotlap servers are, for sure, the best servers i've ever played in

GPB+WRS hotlap servers are back now.  :)

Alby46

thank you :)
just a question: when did you start hosting gpb and wrs servers?
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

dibu

December 21, 2013, 07:06:45 PM #17 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:21:46 PM by dibu
Quote from: Alby46 on December 21, 2013, 06:26:43 PM
thank you :)
just a question: when did you start hosting gpb and wrs servers?

Pheew, Alzheimer is greeting. If I remember right my first PiBoSo servers startet in April/May 2011 for KRP (caused several crashes of the master server ;D ). GPB/WRS servers were added at the end of 2011 or the beginning of 2012 for beta1P.
Now there are enough KRP servers and I'm only hosting GPB+WRS.

BozoCRO

Warlock

You are THE MAN Dibu, big thanks for your effort keeping GPB alive, we couldn't ever thank you enough

nuovaic

December 21, 2013, 11:27:03 PM #20 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:34:21 PM by nuovaic
Don't ever think we take you for granted Dibu, you are much appreciated, but sometimes we forget to say it...

For sure Victoria is needed, it is the most used track by far. 2 or 3 of the best other tracks would be good also, changed weekly?
And the hotlap servers are an absolute necessity! Also changed weekly, motogp tracks would be great, but not essential.

Actually, there are a lot of not so good tracks,,particularly for racing and some unusually good ones that never get used.  having just ridden all of them in the past few days (recovering from flu) on the 3 main bikes, I must try compile a list in order of raceability and see what everyone else thinks. For example, Mantorp with the 125 is particular good!

dibu

Quote from: nuovaic on December 21, 2013, 11:27:03 PM
Actually, there are a lot of not so good tracks,,particularly for racing and some unusually good ones that never get used.  having just ridden all of them in the past few days (recovering from flu) on the 3 main bikes, I must try compile a list in order of raceability and see what everyone else thinks. For example, Mantorp with the 125 is particular good!

A list of good and well drivable tracks would help very much for track rotaion. I often don't know which track to choose for hotlap or other servers.

dibu

Quote from: Hany12 on December 21, 2013, 03:44:40 PM
I can offer for the official mod repository on ftp gp-bikescz.com ;)

Thank you Hany, I'll keep in mind. Maybe we can use it.

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 21, 2013, 03:50:21 PM
The problem is not having one Hany, that's easy. The problem is having the game connect to it when necessary.

This way each server admin only maintains the downloads that are necessary for his own servers. This also solve versioning problems: no matter what the most recent version of mod xyz is, the one I need to play on dibu's server is ... the one he is using :)

You are right MaX but how it works atm surely isn't a final solution. Something must happen from PiBoSo's side to make the handling of the mods possible. If something like a 'live-download' is added, the (ftp/http) server-address will be specified in the server's dedicated.ini and I would be happy to use a good external source ( e.g. Hany's ftp).
To preserve the bandwidth for the dedicated servers it's important that the client only receives the external address and initiates the direct download. The client task has also to look for a proper placing of the files in the gpbikes folder.

nuovaic

Ok, this is my personal wishlist of tracks in order of preference with number out of 10 in first column. Based on enjoyment and useability of ALL classes.
Please post yours!

10 Assen
10 Monza (any version)
10 Brno
10 Enna Pergusa
10 Vallelunga
10 Dijon Prenois
9 Aragon
9 Mugello (any version)
9 Misano
9 Johor
9 Paul Ricard
9 Catalunya (Saint West)
9 Janjgp2
8 Barcelona
8 COTA
8 Aldo Scribante
8 Cleveland
7 Mantorp
7 Snetterton
7 Albi (any version)
7 Magny Cours
7 Valencia GP
6 HTTT
6 Poznan
6 Castle Comb
6 Croft
6 Silverstone
6 NW200
5 Donnington
5 Pembrey
5 Limerock
5 Mosport
5 Avus
4 Mountain
4 Laguna Seca
4 Norisring
4 Nogaro
4 Macau
4 Daytona 200
4 Sachsenring NC
4 Brands Hatch NC

dibu

Thank you very much, your list helps a lot  :)

RBp

Could we get a small track for hotlaps next, one that not so hard to learn as paul ricard or Assen, Something like avus, norisring ,limerock, pembrey.  Limerock hard with the jumps thinking about it.  Something when you don't have to wait 2 minutes until the next lap.

Arvoss

January 14, 2014, 08:37:50 PM #26 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:39:25 PM by Arvoss
Quote from: nuovaic on December 22, 2013, 10:36:38 AM

10 Brno

Brno 10? It's a cool track, but the corner at the end is IMPOSSIBLE...

Pretty good list for the rest ;)

Magny Cours should be a 8-9 imo, beautiful track, no bumps,...
Paul Ricard is my favorite track, graphics, perfect for the 1000cc, fast,...`

RBp

Quote from: Arvoss on January 14, 2014, 08:37:50 PM

Go over the fence and you fall though the floor. I've done this a lot trying to learn the place.

nuovaic

Quote from: Arvoss on January 14, 2014, 08:37:50 PM

Brno 10? It's a cool track, but the corner at the end is IMPOSSIBLE...

Pretty good list for the rest ;)

Magny Cours should be a 8-9 imo, beautiful track, no bumps,...

So give us your complete list then.

That corner at Brno is most definitely NOT impossible. Once you have learned how to to attack it, it is easy.

RBp

8 Assen
Monza (any version)
8 Brno
10 Enna Pergusa
8 Vallelunga
9 Dijon Prenois
7  Aragon
  Mugello (any version)
10  Misano
9  Johor
7  Paul Ricard