• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:19:17 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Beta 8 Event 11 | NR750 Road Spec | Slovakiaring | WINNER - DAVIDE74 | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, May 03, 2016, 08:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

May 09, 2016, 11:23:17 AM #165 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 11:25:19 AM by Napalm Nick
You is right bruv!

How about this idea for a test......

take the replay MMA posted in this thread ( a sever replay) and have a fiddle Live streaming it. Might be interesting to see how much (if any) improvement it gives to the smoothness.

The goal of course would be to get the same (OK similar) quality that we enjoy in your videos?

Just ideas cant switch me brain off.  :D

EDIT: might be time for a Dedicated DD Topic in the General section or sommat?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JorgeNsr

broke engine.....fail from Honda Hrc on my oval`s pistons
MORIWAKI MH80RF

NSR80Racing-World : https://www.facebook.com/NSR80RW/

doubledragoncc

Good idea but it still leaves the streaming LIVE bitrate which is vital out of the testing.

I need to do it from a server so I might just host a test session and folks can come in and play about, lets say a track day test lol.

That way it wont be messing with serious practices and folks will know it is about live stream testing. Might be a good thing as I will actually be streaming and see if it attracts any interest.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Top banana DD! Count me in.

Quote from: jorgensr on May 09, 2016, 11:36:18 AM
broke engine.....fail from Honda Hrc on my oval`s pistons

LOL! Unlucky Jorge happened to most people. Oval pistons  ::) what were Honda thinking eh!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

I guess all I do is host an event, no password, and add what bikes can be on the track I chose. Not sure how my laptop will do it lol but great internet connection here and will get faster this month free from Virgin.

I want totally open with ALL bikes to test the mix lol.

All I have to do is have the bikes I have on my system right?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Beware the OPEN category DD as people will struggle to match it up (some of us using the official BikeMod and some using crappy spurious links dotted all over the forum).
I would suggest the default bikes as it is a test and no one will listen to anything that isn't default.

You only need the bikes and the track no paints etc. and your laptop will probably be fine it takes very little power to run a server anyway.

doubledragoncc

Oh Ok thanks Nick. Been testing and reading stuff and my system is okay for 720p at 3000bps so all streams will only be 720p in future.

I will be using the new Duke from H as it has had no online chance to test yet. I will also do the NR750 and all other bikes in turn to play around and get to test scenarios like NR and Duke at same time. Will use different tracks too but only ones that are graphically better to give GPB a better look.

This is all about boosting GPB so it must be done to the best I can.

Learning a lot right now and next streams should be far better.

DD

Napalm Nick

May 09, 2016, 01:26:48 PM #173 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:31:58 PM by Napalm Nick
Totally hear what you are saying and fine for now but as you know if any case for improvement is to be made to PiB then default everything (tracks and bikes and paints etc) will need to be used to form the argument! Lets hope we get that far that a good case can be presented!

Hmm cant even find the DL link for H's bike lol

doubledragoncc

Napalm Nick

Ah yes thanks. Page 13 of course why didn't I think of that! Did I say "spurious links dotted all over the forum before"? I think I did.

hahaahaha cheers.  ;)

Blackheart

This test race,  it was very useful. Maybe with the next or 1.0 release we could do it again.  ;)

Napalm Nick

Ah good BH I am glad you found it useful.  Sure we can do it again  :)

Napalm Nick

Closing the topic down.

Just wanted to say congrats to the top 4 places cos I didn't really register it before.

Davide awesome as always but a special well done to Peter V who sneaked that impressive result in! And Grooveski - a star in the making who will soon be passing us to join the regular fast boys I am sure. And Boerenlater! One of the original and long term regular race members (long suffering  :)) for a fine placing indeed!

Thanks everyone for your continued support. :)