• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:30:54 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

First person view - harmonize across mod bikes ?

Started by HornetMaX, May 06, 2016, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban Chaos 2.0

V0.5 of NR750 had the very best camera position and fov. v0.6 isn't as good. I haven't had a problem with any of the other bikes, so perhaps the 750's the only one.

Napalm Nick

I don't agree. I think the setting should be at its best with the default setting then users can tweak it as they like. You set it with just about maximum FoV and pitch if I recall?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

Quote from: Urban Chaos 2.0 on May 09, 2016, 12:13:59 PM
V0.5 of NR750 had the very best camera position and fov. v0.6 isn't as good. I haven't had a problem with any of the other bikes, so perhaps the 750's the only one.

These are Bullshits in the 0.5 was in wrong position.

Eagle

Quote(this is trickier, as what you see is in fact the bike swinging below the camera). So after that it should just be a matter of positioning the camera correctly.
A head tracking camera position/rotation should be a trivial task for Piboso considering what he came up with so far. Also, what about including other views for the on-track session as well ? It could give more power into the hands of either modders and players; thus, a better overall experience. No ?

passerBy

I'm surprised this doesn't seem to bother anyone else. Max is right, after tweaking the view settings for one bike, it's rather annoying to get an entirely different view on another. Especially obvious after going from WSBK 2015 to WSBK 2017 currently.

In my opinion, it's best to provide us with means of per bike adjustments. It will be tedious at first, but at least we won't have to adjust the view settings every time.

tchemi

Hello,

That's a point we already have discussed (or at least, beggin to discuss) in the other thread about the new cemara mode. I'm glad to see that Max hasn't gave up on this subject.

Personnaly I think that the second solution is the best and may not be that hard to develop. Maybe, It would be possible to do it in the MaxHUD plugin. Save a configuration per bike ? Come on, there is already one setting per bike and the game saves a lot of things in the "documents" folder.

The best experience I had so far is (again) with Assetto Corsa. It's called the "Onboard Settings"

It saves your settings for each car, it is very easy to understand and to use.

To make it brief. IMO, Modders should implements the default view they want ! User should be able to override it...

HornetMaX

Quote from: tchemi on April 05, 2017, 08:09:41 AM
Maybe, It would be possible to do it in the MaxHUD plugin.
Not doable (at least right now): a plugin cannot change GPB settings.

passerBy

Looks like in the end we will have to resort to editing the camera files by ourselves as we see fit. Or maybe taking better camera settings and trying to adopt them to other bikes.

tchemi

We can't edit the bikes files I think or it will be seen as a cheat online if the files don't match.

passerBy

Quote from: tchemi on April 07, 2017, 09:47:09 AM
We can't edit the bikes files I think or it will be seen as a cheat online if the files don't match.
Then this problem is even more of an issue. I wasn't thinking about online, not being the onliner kind and all that, but yes, for online this wouldn't work.

HornetMaX

Quote from: tchemi on April 07, 2017, 09:47:09 AM
Never tried personally, but it may or may not been the case (some files can be changed without getting a bike mismatch).

tchemi

We should ask URBANCHAOS Ithink he tried it before

HornetMaX

Quote from: tchemi on April 07, 2017, 08:13:53 PM
You can do it yourself: connect to a server with a bike, just to be sure you can connect.
The edit the cam position, check offline that you do see a difference on the cam position (just to be sure) and try to reconnect.

tchemi

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2017, 08:15:28 PM
Quote from: tchemi on April 07, 2017, 08:13:53 PM
You can do it yourself: connect to a server with a bike, just to be sure you can connect.
The edit the cam position, check offline that you do see a difference on the cam position (just to be sure) and try to reconnect.

HéHé, I don"t know how to edit a camera :3