Author Topic: CAWS Modding Team Announcement.  (Read 8053 times)

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
Re: CAWS Modding Team Announcement.
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 11:14:04 PM »
Yep the DL thing is not as simple as it was meant to be.

The offer stands as my system has one of the largest amounts of movement about and makes a big difference. Do you think that there may be a need for different versions of a bike to match controller type? I mean if it is possible without much work. If you look at the 916A1 and A3 they are so different to ride but can be in GPB at the same time.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Meyer#12

• Danish roadracer
    • View Profile
    • Fuld-rulle
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 05:12:23 AM »
@DD

H is currently part of our team  ;)
These last days we've been discussing quite a bit about this DL subject, some of us ride with joysticks and we have different points of view to compare. We havn't yet a conclussion about , but DL is what it is and we can't change that.

@r1rossi

Thanks for the offer m8, appreciate, but we are quite a few of different riding levels and controllers already for testing. It just takes time. Thnx anyway  ;)

In extension we have not only been discussing it, it is something we have also tested for a little time with most of us trying to adjust DL and see what difference we feel there is. We are doing our best at the moment to make the bikes well suited for any kind of control system and DL settings, so it won't just be the guys with a specific system that will enjoy our bikes, but it will be for everyone and we can get some nice bikes.

Be sure we are working harding and testing our asses off to make those bikes great mods!

But thanks for the offers guys :)
Meyer#12

C21

• Online: Chris Walker....the Stalker :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 06:31:20 AM »
IŽll have to put another comment:

Long story short (iŽll try). ;D
We try to support to the most used controllers (joystick and xbox controller) and we will make recommendations how much DL has to be set in the menu.
e.g. DL settings above a certain level (lets say 50 (just an example)) makes the bikes not unridable but you will have a lot more front washouts or chrashes during fast transition changes.You can ride BUT it feels and looks unreal.
We can not force user to use ceratin settings but we can advise the setting which leads to the best performance.
There are a few guys in our team who rides (or have ridden) on competitive level in real racing and we try to get the bikes to feel realistic as possible.
That is a long way!
For example:
In beta8 we had to start not far from zero. There is not much to be used from Beta7 related to the bike handling/performance and geometry especially.
Starting with version A and now on Version L for only one bike to get it in the right  direction.....and we had some backsteps within....not every new version is a step forward  ;)
New versions will be regularly tested every week in a full length race (about 100-120km in race distance).
I know that everyone is waiting for new bikes besides the MGP set by Manu but Conversion to Beta8 is much more complex then it was from each previous Beta (something the "usual" user canŽt see and maybe did not understand why it takes so long)

Patience is sometimes hard  :)

We are not only developing our Moto3 Mod  but at the same time converting the GPB Italia Mod(s) to Beta8. The conversion is done but we were not satisfied with the result so we are updating the SSP bikes right now to suit our way of bike modding.

BTW you are right we are not getting paid for this.... ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:45:56 AM by C21 »
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Meyer#12

• Danish roadracer
    • View Profile
    • Fuld-rulle
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 10:41:46 AM »
IŽll have to put another comment:

Long story short (iŽll try). ;D
We try to support to the most used controllers (joystick and xbox controller) and we will make recommendations how much DL has to be set in the menu.
e.g. DL settings above a certain level (lets say 50 (just an example)) makes the bikes not unridable but you will have a lot more front washouts or chrashes during fast transition changes.You can ride BUT it feels and looks unreal.
We can not force user to use ceratin settings but we can advise the setting which leads to the best performance.
There are a few guys in our team who rides (or have ridden) on competitive level in real racing and we try to get the bikes to feel realistic as possible.
That is a long way!
For example:
In beta8 we had to start not far from zero. There is not much to be used from Beta7 related to the bike handling/performance and geometry especially.
Starting with version A and now on Version L for only one bike to get it in the right  direction.....and we had some backsteps within....not every new version is a step forward  ;)
New versions will be regularly tested every week in a full length race (about 100-120km in race distance).
I know that everyone is waiting for new bikes besides the MGP set by Manu but Conversion to Beta8 is much more complex then it was from each previous Beta (something the "usual" user canŽt see and maybe did not understand why it takes so long)

Patience is sometimes hard  :)

We are not only developing our Moto3 Mod  but at the same time converting the GPB Italia Mod(s) to Beta8. The conversion is done but we were not satisfied with the result so we are updating the SSP bikes right now to suit our way of bike modding.

BTW you are right we are not getting paid for this.... ;)

Nice and short mate! Good job explaining everything is short terms :)

But we are not getting paid?? What have i signed up for then?? Lol! No payment, this is purely for the love of bikes and GP Bikes
Meyer#12

GhostdogNL

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 04:09:01 PM »
This is great news !! thnx italian boys for the donation ..you made gp bikes for what it is

zuco1989

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 11:17:47 AM »
Post of appreciation for you work on these bikes, eagerly waiting for publish.

Thanks  :)

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2016, 11:23:09 AM »
You guys really know how to peek our interest and leave us quivering with anticipation!!!

PROJECT X server WTF you bastards!!! (Said with a Monty Python voice btw lol)

DD

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

BOBR6 84

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »
That's why GPB is virtually dead... it's a forum based game.. if u don't kiss arse enough you don't get to play.

not a nice thing to say i know.. but it's bloody true.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:36:17 PM by BOBR6 84 »

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
That's why GPB is virtually dead... it's a forum based game.. if u don't kiss arse enough you don't get to play.

Woah :P

A version is being realesed today, i was just setting up the server to make sure it worked :P

A couple more changes and then green light means go  ;) ;D

BOBR6 84

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2016, 12:48:16 PM »
lol but it's still true.. i know lot's of people that like GPB but don't play because you have to keep up with the forum.

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »

Woah :P

A version is being realesed today, i was just setting up the server to make sure it worked :P

A couple more changes and then green light means go  ;) ;D

Is it Christmas?.......................woohoo new toys??

Thanks for the news

DD

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »
Sorry DD it is for ass kissers only. :(  pucker-up big boy. :-*
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

BOBR6 84

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2016, 01:10:32 PM »
Awww don't u like my comments?

well.. i guess this is it for me then lol another one bites the dust..

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2016, 01:22:17 PM »
Bobs had a Shandy. :D
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile