• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:12:43 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

KRP release on Steam

Started by Napalm Nick, May 09, 2016, 09:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furious

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 17, 2016, 11:13:20 PM
Quote from: Furious on May 17, 2016, 10:57:37 PM
Sorry for moaning about it again, but since Valve is promoting linux (and I use linux) is there still a chance that KRP on steam will see SteamOS badge? OFC I know it's not priority at all, but there are literally NO simulators titles for linux atm. If that would come it would be nice touch.

Also I believe that you as such great developer as I think you are, enabling linux compatibility is not a problem.

Ofcoure I don't want to push you into anything, just curious what's the status.

Some work has been done years ago to port to Linux.
At some point the dedicated server was working. However, there was and still is too much work ( with higher priority ) to do.
However the plan still is to port all the simulators to Linux / SteamOS and OSX, too, at some point.

Ok, that's cool with me. Thank you for the update.

Keep up the good work you are doing lately! :)
cheers

Furious

Is the steam release date of 30th June still valid? The date is gone from steam KRP site so I wonder...

PiBoSo

Quote from: Furious on June 27, 2016, 11:21:15 AM
Is the steam release date of 30th June still valid? The date is gone from steam KRP site so I wonder...

The June 30 release date was just a placeholder for the KRP Steam page.
There still are several tasks to complete.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

crash61

is the placeholder not there? What do I look for on steam?
Gauges?...Gauges?...We don't need no stinkin Gauges...screen009 by Terry, on Flickr

Napalm Nick

Quote from: crash61 on July 01, 2016, 06:02:18 AM
is the placeholder not there? What do I look for on steam?

Just put the words KART RACING into the search bar top right and it pops straight up.

I hope for the sake of PiBs name that pushing the release date out regularly is not going to happen more than once or twice - preferably never. There is only one thing worse than a Steam warriors wrath  and that is a KRP Steam Warriors wrath.  :-X
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

crash61

Thanks!! I will look that up when I get home
Gauges?...Gauges?...We don't need no stinkin Gauges...screen009 by Terry, on Flickr

crash61

thanks Napalm?? I found it and put it on my wishlist

Max Tadd

@piboso are there going to be any previews of any of the new things coming into the first krp release any time soon?? e.g new tracks (lonato) bodyworks and other things??

PiBoSo

Quote from: Max Tadd on July 02, 2016, 12:30:41 PM
@piboso are there going to be any previews of any of the new things coming into the first krp release any time soon?? e.g new tracks (lonato) bodyworks and other things??

Sorry for the long wait.
There were several development problems  :(
New videos and screenshots will be published very soon.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Guigafumi

One thing I'd ask is to please always provide a non-Steam option for your games.