• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:09:40 PM

LIVE Streaming

Started by doubledragoncc, May 11, 2016, 09:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

@Nick: it will be the same track map you can see in MaxHUD today, except you will be able to see it also when spectating (live replay, still not sure if I'll do something for "offline" replays).

Napalm Nick

Will it be selectable on and off and also the range settings etc like normal riding?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 12, 2016, 08:30:57 AM
Quote from: vin97 on May 12, 2016, 03:57:51 AM
could piboso implement a live replay buffer so that you at least have no lage when spectating?

I would guess the issue would be if the game has dropped the frames because it can't keep up in the first place.
Thought about that and this is the reason why there will alwas be some lag when being live (either racing or spectating) but the reason for that is that information simply doesn't reach the server instantly so it has to drop data sometimes.
But eventually (after some ms) all of your inputs will have been able to reach the server and so if the server sends out a slightly delayed stream for spectaters (and doesn't drop data) I don't see why there should be any lag.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on May 12, 2016, 03:25:35 PM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 12, 2016, 08:30:57 AM
Quote from: vin97 on May 12, 2016, 03:57:51 AM
could piboso implement a live replay buffer so that you at least have no lage when spectating?

I would guess the issue would be if the game has dropped the frames because it can't keep up in the first place.
Thought about that and this is the reason why there will alwas be some lag when being live (either racing or spectating) but the reason for that is that information simply doesn't reach the server instantly so it has to drop data sometimes.
But eventually (after some ms) all of your inputs will have been able to reach the server and so if the server sends out a slightly delayed stream for spectaters (and doesn't drop data) I don't see why there should be any lag.

I personally think the staggering we see in DD's live stream is due to his broadcast software dropping frames to try and keep the live stream in sync for the screen resolution he is trying to broadcast at(720p).... Nothing to do with user lag at all - I didn't get any lag while DD was live streaming. The only lag I get in GPB is when someone is connecting to the server - I don't get lag in replays or live replays either. What you do get is when someone has a high ping they tend to jump about because of their lag to the server, but that is nothing to do with GPB's capability, that is just a fact of someone trying to play online who lives a long way from the server; this is why game servers tend to have a max-ping setting to stop high ping rated users connecting.  :)

Also, when live streaming was done for GPB on "Twitch" there was no frame rate staggering because I suspect their hardware automatically sorts everything out for the user, whereas DD is having to set-up his X-Split Broadcast software himself and that is going to take a little time to figure it all out.  :)

Hawk.

Vini

yeah, i don't mean the framestuttering, i mean the parkinson front wheel.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on May 12, 2016, 04:13:12 PM
yeah, i don't mean the framestuttering, i mean the parkinson front wheel.

Oh, is that were the wheel lifts off the ground in the replays? Yeah I definitely get that too in replay and live replay.... I'm sure that started in beta 7 but nothing was done about it for beta 8 unfortunately.  :(

I've never heard it called Parkinson front wheel though - maybe I'm mistaken in your meaning?  :-\ :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 12, 2016, 03:08:26 PM
Will it be selectable on and off and also the range settings etc like normal riding?
Yes, it will be just the same.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Can you make it so that you could add text to the screen in the live replay window instead of a map or other graphic? I mean to be able to put pole position holder before the race, first 3 place winners or messages during a live feed.

I think I can do it in X-Split or OBS but if you use other software during a stream and leave the GPB window, then go back to GPB, it gets a tizzy fit and keyboard commands dont work any more until you make a selection by mouse!!!

Just a way to add info on the fly, text, jpg pic etc.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

So Nick............................

What we spoke about in PM, it is not much more than a simple PC to run as a server right?

And then:

Someone who is dedicated to GPB and lives breaths and works for all about it  ;D

Has a Good reliable Internet service  ;D

Is Willing to give up a hot chick for the community  ;D

Can be with the server nearly 24/7 and have it next to the bed just in case. (or willing to marry a woman as cool as MMA)  ;D

Is it it for the long haul, not just as a thing to do to look cool until they meet a hotter chick or cant win a race in GPB.  ;D

Willing to give up beer, cigs and sex!!!  >:( >:( :'(

I would like to take the position to do it. I dont need a system with a monitor as my 40" flatscreen has 2 HDMI and 1 VGA input so can switch between system when I need to.

I know that Hackspace here in London often get PC systems given to members who require one, guess we are eligible lol. Will post on the forums and ask, we might get lucky.

I literally live everyday with GPB, be it in the actual sim itself or working on control systems that it got me making after years of not doing anything until I found GPB. I like to race, make the videos and love trying to stream the races and all to do with GPB. Having a server for GPB would take the pressure off Nick and MMA and it would mean I could set it up to do streams directly from the race server which is better for all.

So, I need :

1. Server system
2. Elgato HD60 Capture/Stream Box
3.  X-Split License
4. Stash of cheap beer and tobacco

If I can sort this out, would anyone be against ME doing this. I do not wish to tread on the toes of anyone that maybe wishes to do the same thing.

I am very serious about generating business for Piboso but more than anything its about being able to do my bit for the community as I am shite at modding.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

LOL you get my vote it seems you have all the qualifications and more importantly the enthusiasm to do it.

Whist having another PC for a dedi server would be nice it isn't essential and it looks like your rig would be most capable and probably easier to run all the streaming from as one unit etc etc. Have sent another mail clarifying what you need.

With an impending move my commitment over that period will wane so it would also be an ideal time for you to take some load (and probably do it a lot better). I cant give you MMA though sorry she bakes a mean cake.

So yes, DD for president as far as I am concerned!  :)

doubledragoncc

Holy Toledo dude.................. I only wanna be part of the community not President!!! Those dudes get shot too much for my liking, or is it not enough lol.

All jokes aside thanks for the vote and all your help with the streaming and server info.

I will at least start asap using the partition on my G75 so need all the info like yesterday Nick lol. Then I can set up a server for me to learn on before I cock up all the races lol. CAnt do 24/7 server but at least 8AM to 1AM UK time every day until I get a dedicated system for the server.

DD

Napalm Nick

Well you should start here with Max's guide http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=431.msg3008#msg3008 and decide if you want to setup a dedi or just a world server. If dedicated (recommended as you want to do that later on another PC so why not learn now)there is a link there to take you through a wormhole to the next dimension and learn that. It is simple enough so don't let it put you off initially. Ask me any questions by PM (then I can get em on my phone asap) and we can get you sorted.

Number 1 step I would recommend - make your laptop IP static then forward your router ports as stated to that IP. That's probably enough for tonight lol.

It is for me any ways Nite nite all.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 12, 2016, 07:56:20 PM
Can you make it so that you could add text to the screen in the live replay window instead of a map or other graphic?
That would be messy if done within a plugin.

What I have in the todo list is to have the map while spectating and something that shows current positions and gaps.

doubledragoncc

It is my one pet hate, talking about open ports and such. I just get all cuffufalled lol. I will read it all in the morning with a cuppa or four hehe.

Thanks bro.

DD