• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:39:05 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

LIVE Streaming

Started by doubledragoncc, May 11, 2016, 09:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Hi guys.

Well I thought we actually need a thread that is for the live streaming chat as it is all over the place at the moment lol.

So...............

I can stream no problem, BUT I only have a GTX670M, the only one that has no support for NVENC!!! This is a big issue and a bummer. Secondly, I only have the free version of X-Split as I dont have the dosh to pay for the license. These are the main cons for me at the moment.

I have tested OBS too and it seems that X-Split still gives better quality in the end. My internet is only good for 3000kbs upload speed at the moment but is supposed to be increased this month. This is fine for 720p streaming but I lose out on quality as I am stuck with only certain options in the free X-Split. As soon as I can afford a license I will get one. Just gotta get the money on my PayPal account and can do it. It is only $9 for a month or $25 for 3 months so will do it asap.

I think this is important for GPB as it will bring new customers to GPB and generate good PR for Piboso.

I have been reading up and watching tutorials and am working on the presentation and quality of representing GPB as best I can.

I need to do a lot of testing to get it better but its a start. Piboso needs to drastically improve netcode and the live replay system, or rather THE replay system. We need far more info to make streams interesting and attract repeat viewers. I will do my best but I will not promise to not drop F bombs, sorry its just me but I will TRY.   ::)

I guess I can just host a race and set all times to max to let it go as long as possible so people can come in and ride to test streaming. I can do a bit of testing riding myself, but the real test is using the relay system with multiple bikes fighting it out to have more on screen at the same time to test stream quality and speed.

I need some help here, so I will post HERE when I am going to host a test session. I will host a race and wait for someone to come on. This is where I could do with some actual real time communication with someone here in UK that we could actually use phones to communicate real time and not just via the forum. I have a lot to do so it is real hard to keep stopping to come on  the forum and check messages all the time.

It would be best if we had a general time that is best for people to ride as we are all over the world lol.

Postman just came, new cables woohoo, so off to do some work. Will be back laters.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Sounds great DD I (we) appreciate you doing this because it is a very interesting concept and, like you say, could be beneficial for the game and associated products especially if PiBoSo gets onboard with supporting it in the replays.

I would still advise extreme caution (commander  :P) about forking out any dosh towards it at this stage. Remember the current bottom line is the (poor) quality of the replays as stock which will limit the development of the idea.

Having said that the Owners club membership fees pot could probably stretch a couple of quid towards it. MMA can go without her vodka for a week I am sure.

Streaming chat window or Neat Chat is another comms idea that wont burden bandwidth like Skype. For me phoning is not an option because, as you might know, the 'Mallory Park' servers and Games room is underground (yes really) and landline-less let alone mobile signal less. That's why I use it - to avoid being contacted lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

May 11, 2016, 10:34:45 AM #2 Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:43:41 AM by doubledragoncc
Lol Nick

I would only get the 1 month first to test just if it is worth it due to the additional codecs and adjustments it allows. I am stuck with mono audio at 96kbs as apposed to 128 needed, I can only use x264, which is okay but I can not fine tune anything at all!!!.

If the streaming offers chat outside of GPB it is a plus on its own for those who wish to chat at all and wont interrupt qually and races.

I will play a bit more with OBS too. Its free and more adjustments but not as nice to work with. I will just have to experiment................hahahaha Dr DD von Frankenstein is BACK!!!!

Maybe as its a few days until the race maybe I could see how it is on that server and today folks could let me know if streaming from there was a problem???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Sure this evening is Ok with me just nail down a time (9pm CET / 8pm GMT is always a favourite). Also I think a thunderstorm is due so we might get the power we need Dr.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Sounds great DD, but have you researched what a twitch account would give you as far as streaming options? I've not looked myself, but from what I gather they do provide a great service and it's all provide for you so you wouldn't have to buy any software or equipment. Twitch certainly worked pretty well for Furious and Arvoss when they gave live streaming a try. It's up to you of course but if you haven't looked into what Twitch can provide you for this then it may be a good idea to do so(might save you a lot of time and aggravation).  :)

I agree that the 8pm GMT time would be best for most riders I would say. I'll pop-in for a test session tonight if your holding one mate..... just post a start time and I'll be there.  ;) 8)

Pipboso knows exactly what we need because we had a good discussion with him about the needs for live streaming quite a while ago - Just a little surprised he didn't implement some features for beta 8.... Hopefully he will do so for beta 9, unless Max(Hint, hint.  ;D ) does a plugin for us as we've discussed recently, that would be a MASSIVE help for you for us all too.  ;D

Thanks DD for your great interest and dedication mate..... This as you say will definitely create more interest and therefore sales of GPB for sure, especially when we get this all pinned-down and working really well.

Great job DD!!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Thanks guys.

I have been thinking about things and the problem with testing when I host is that it will not be as if we are actually racing. If I was hosting the actual race, which I am willing to do if I had the system to, it would be different. I think to test should be on the race server tonight so that there is still plenty of time for folks to practice between now and the race no matter how testing goes. It is best to test on the GPBOC server with the track that will be used on it. We can then find out if my high ping is a problem or not. It is important that your fun is not interrupted by streaming.

This is something we will have to do and put up with to get it right and to give Piboso some good feedback to what is needed.

Just sitting on the server now my ping is 27 but as soon as I start streaming it hits 500-800!!!! As I am not giving INPUT to the server the ping should not effect it for others. I think it is a case of if the server is happy SENDING data with such a ping without effecting others? We need to test, that simple. If it dont work I will just find a way to make it work, BIG MOFO hammers may be involved!!!

DD

doubledragoncc

I have a race hosted same as this weeks for up to 10 as I need to see if my system handles it ok to start with. I know dick all about hosting lol.

I will just leave it up for folks to try and give me input.

DD

Napalm Nick

It didn't seem to affect it last time with your ping 600+.

I am a tad confused what you want to try. We can have a race tonight on the GPBOC1 server with the 500s as it is - already setup. And you can stream that? Is that what you mean? If so I will make a specific race post.

I can't see any server by you - you must open your ports for others to be able to join UDP ports 10500 and 10510

Sorry for being a dumbnut tell me what you want (better use kiddies speak and lollipops) and I will support it.

doubledragoncc

ichy caca boom boom gaga mugy waga boom. chuga ficky wacky bugger biga boom boom!!! lala ichy nuty walla walla. gizmo kaka!!!

Napalm Nick

Got it. See you all there  ;)

;D

doubledragoncc

Its weird, I looked and I was on the server list earlier but now it is gone???

Okay open ports is something I did like years ago and for the life of me have forgotten how to, just not needed to in years, call me dumb ass but it happens at my age lol. Its my excuse and I am sticking with it!!!

I am gonna try twitch and OBC a bit today

I just want to be able to stream while folks are on the track practicing or racing if you wanna do it. Only thing is tonight I need to speak with Darin on the show at 9pm so 7-8.30pm uk time would be cool to test. Only need to do a short test or tests to try a few things out.

So if people are gonna be on the GPBOC server tonight that is all I need.

DD

doubledragoncc

One thing is the quality that I am not happy with. I am making the overlays and all at the moment and trying to make a new wiring loom at the same time lol.

Here is how it is at 720p 3050bps

https://www.youtube.com/v/XsKhDBsHddc

Lots of work to do. Gonna test twitch in a bit.

DD

Napalm Nick

Well that quality looks bloody great to me. Maybe filming that geezer smoking is eating up B/W too.

"He looks bloody good smoking , wish we could smell him"  hahahahahahahahahaha!

OK will drum up an advert for a little streaming race tonight then at 8.00 GMT might get a few at this short notice.

doubledragoncc

Thanks Nick.

Just gonna do the twitch thing now wit OBS and hope it is better. Thing is YouTube has more people I think, will do both maybe lol.

DD

Hawk

Just watched you vid DD.... I totally agree with everything Nick said - The quality looks great to me mate!  ;D

7pm tonight on the GPBOC Snetterton server - I'll be there mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk.