• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:02:04 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

LIVE Streaming

Started by doubledragoncc, May 11, 2016, 09:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Looks fine but you have some kind of low tone hum over the audio.

doubledragoncc

Yep audio will get sorted but just got low quality kit for now sorry all.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

All this needs in the short term is some way of you being able to monitor what bike is where so you can find the action and know who is who.

Just like the track map in the MaxHUD, just like it. The same really, Just like it.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 11, 2016, 07:58:24 PM
All this needs in the short term is some way of you being able to monitor what bike is where so you can find the action and know who is who.

Just like the track map in the MaxHUD, just like it. The same really, Just like it.  ;)

Haha! That was subtle Nick! Hehe  ;D ;D

Hawk

Napalm Nick

ROFL  :-X

What if you could click on the round coloured bike markers on the map and the camera swopped to that bike? Wow that would be amazing I bet even Max couldn't do that without PiBoSo's help :'(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Yep sorry but thats the best quality for now. I am working on it guys. I am just busy trying to get this system for the show ready and also build my own or I wont have one lol.

DD

PS Nick I said MMA needed a real name not just MMA or I will have to call her MA as in the American ma lol.

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Call her what you like. I do, especially after her amended results post.  Clerk or Marshal (MMA is the ACUs Motorcycle Marshal Association).  I recommend "Biatch"

Napalm Nick

Watching your live stream back I am really looking forward to seeing if the replay quality (the juddering not the video quality) improves if streamed from your own server. In theory it should make a big difference much like server replays do.

The streaming has a lot of potential IMO if the replay quality can be improved (netcode?) and some commentators tools can be included.

Great job DD I am glad you are going to keep testing methods and software too.

PS: you did have some pants on right?  ;)

doubledragoncc

LOL yep I had pants on bro. Stupid bugger.

Or did I???

DD

Vini

could piboso implement a live replay buffer so that you at least have no lage when spectating?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 11, 2016, 08:08:20 PM
What if you could click on the round coloured bike markers on the map and the camera swopped to that bike?
That would need a mouse pointer to be shown on-screen while streaming: isn't it a bit fugly ?

doubledragoncc

Right now it looks like shit, bikes hopping all over the place like a 5 year olds cartoon show, it sucks. The netcode and whole replay system need working on.

Even just making a video from a replay, if you go back to what you would think is the same time in different views, they are not in time, not synced at all. Making multi cam videos I have to work with it and its bad.

The keyboard commands not NOT always work and you have to keep the damn overlay showing to be able to change riders in certain instances. I have noticed that the cams selection number changes between tracks!!!! WTF (maybe mod problem, no rules laid down for cam orders?)

I forgot to edit rear wheel cam so the boot parts ruined using it(will fix it for all bikes needing it)

Having only keyboard control of orbit and free roam being hard to use right not good. We need mouse control of such cams for smooth action.

NO race info at all, only the rider you are viewing. We really need the MotoGP style layout for rider position, overtaking,  lap info, retirements etc etc

There is just so much missing it is hard to do anything good. I find it impossible to find a battle so I can have something more than the price of eggs to talk about. Rider identification impossible if no custom suit or bike paint, possibility to turn on riders name tag would be good.

As said before by someone, a track map with the riders position and number that you could click on to go to them would be brilliant.

And and and lol

Thanks to you guys for helping with the testing. Please tell me if you felt that it effected you in ANY way so I can sort it out.

DD

Napalm Nick

Cameras: When I do them from scratch I keep them in order so they always progress around the track. The problem comes if extra cameras are added afterwards using TrackED where they get tagged on to the end so out of sequence. TrackED does not allow sequencing unfortunately. If this is done then they need to be manually changed in the resultant text file.
To be fair this has not raised its head a s a problem before.

Mouse camera control: You will be excited to know you can do this in the roaming cameras - just hit the '.'  (period/fullstop) button on the numberpad to enter mouse control mode. You can also control the mouse or tracking speed with '+/-' or sometimes the middle mouse button roller thing.

Fugly mouse pointers: The benefit would outweigh the fugly pointer (which you still see now because of the camera/rider/view selection problems anyway) by approx. 1000:1 I reckon.

Didn't affect me DD. I need to keep an eye on my drop in quality seen during both streams so far but as no-one else is saying it I reckon that could be my end only.

3 commentators, 4 camera operators, a replay editor and a Director to choose the action could be used instead of interface improvements  ::)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: vin97 on May 12, 2016, 03:57:51 AM
could piboso implement a live replay buffer so that you at least have no lage when spectating?

and that sounds like a really good idea Vin if it was possible?  I would guess the issue would be if the game has dropped the frames because it can't keep up in the first place. But great idea as far as I can tell!  8)

teeds

A good start DD, and you seem have the gab to be able to talk for a long time about not a lot, fair play  :)

A few suggestions-
Can you reserve bandwidth for applications with your kit? Might help with the game lag if you can find a good balance.
That hum sounds like you might just have your mic gain (boost) to high, can hear you OK with it turned down (to lessen the hum) so is possibly room for a lower setting.
It's not great but I'm pretty sure to find the race order and who's racing close by popping into the main screen and look at race classification and times etc.

Anyway good job.