• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:19:06 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Windows Defender Removing Core.exe

Started by Klax75, May 19, 2016, 08:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Lately, for some reason Windows Defender keeps removing my GP Bikes "core.exe" saying it has a virus on it. When I download a brand new one from the website and install it. It will remove it again even before I can use it. It just recently started doing this. :/

I'm using Windows 10.

doubledragoncc

May 19, 2016, 09:03:19 AM #1 Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:04:56 AM by doubledragoncc
If you set defender to ignore core.exe like other anti virus programs it should not do that?

Have you tried turning defender off and on again and then checking its settings? Go to settings, EXCLUDE FILE and it should work

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Klax75

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 19, 2016, 09:03:19 AM
If you set defender to ignore core.exe like other anti virus programs it should not do that?

Have you tried turning defender off and on again and then checking its settings? Go to settings, EXCLUDE FILE and it should work

DD

Thanks, I ended up having to tell it to ignore the whole GP Bikes folder, otherwise it kept deleting the core.exe the moment it installed, while the installer was running. :/

doubledragoncc

Glad you got it sorted.

It is best to disconnect from the internet if a program you are going to install does not need it, turn off all anti-virus and then install a program. Once installed, as soon as you restart AV programs ensure you add the installed games/programs exe to the ignore lists of all AV programs.

It common sense but even I forget to do it sometimes lol.

Defender sucks donkey balls btw lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

speedfr

January 27, 2018, 09:09:10 PM #4 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:12:08 PM by speedfr
So, i know can tell that the LAA Hack makes the Antivirus find the core.exe as a malware known as Azden.A!cl 

As soon as you apply the LAA stuff, its detected by Defender as a malware, a really bad one.

I know Defender is not the best or whatever but it works fine and its free so for my kids machines, it's way enough.
At least it's a lot more efficient than Avast or Avira, the free version of this last ones are crappy and full of commercial.
My personnal and professional constatation (i used to sell Avira, Eset, Trend Micro or other good networking entreprise solution)

This detection is a false positive as i used my professional solution to make a big check around core.exe

Just need to go under "All detected files" and then select the one, click "Allowed" (autorisé en Français  ;D ).

My 2 cents.
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC