• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:37:01 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rider jumping-off issue... Possible fix?

Started by Hawk, May 20, 2016, 09:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

May 20, 2016, 09:39:06 AM Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:53:04 AM by Hawk
I was playing about with BikeED the other day and noticed that when I adjusted the "Ground Clearance" marker close to the bottom of the bike main fairing(as you would logically expect to do to define the point where the maximum ground clearance for the fairing is), I started to get the rider jumping off the bike when cornering, even when cornering in the middle of the track surface. If I lowered the ground clearance by positioning that marker in BikeED lower towards the ground giving a greater space between that marker and the main fairing the rider stopped jumping off the bike.

So conclusion is that maybe we are misunderstanding the logic behind that "Ground Clearance" marker in BikeED and actually to get more clearance we need to lower that marker towards the ground instead of positioning it close the the bottom of the bike main fairing?

For those bikes with a problem I suggest the bike authors give this a try.  ;)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Great find Hawky, hope it works.

Yes the understanding of how things work is the BIG problem lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on May 20, 2016, 09:39:06 AM
I was playing about with BikeED the other day and noticed that when I adjusted the "Ground Clearance" marker close to the bottom of the bike main fairing(as you would logically expect to do to define the point where the maximum ground clearance for the fairing is), I started to get the rider jumping off the bike when cornering, even when cornering in the middle of the track surface. If I lowered the ground clearance by positioning that marker in BikeED lower towards the ground giving a greater space between that marker and the main fairing the rider stopped jumping off the bike.

So conclusion is that maybe we are misunderstanding the logic behind that "Ground Clearance" marker in BikeED and actually to get more clearance we need to lower that marker towards the ground instead of positioning it close the the bottom of the bike main fairing?

Hawk.

The ground clearance point is only for reference.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 20, 2016, 10:29:25 AM

Hawk.

Reference to what? The ground, the bike? What is it's purpose in relation to ground clearance as it must be there for a reason other than just a reference or surely it wouldn't be adjustable? I mean it must have an effect on something surely?  :)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

I wondered how long it would take for someone else to think that. If it is JUST a reference it has to be in reference to something!!!

OR is it to do with the price of eggs?

Seriously though, this is what is missing that makes it hard for people to understand how to do something in GPB. It may be a small, unimportant thing for Mr Piboso, but it can be a breakthrough for a modder.

If doing what Hawk has done stops the rider falling off it has to be more than just a reference point for nothing?

Please Mr P, supply a bit more info.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on May 20, 2016, 11:47:55 AM

Hawk.

Reference to what? The ground, the bike? What is it's purpose in relation to ground clearance as it must be there for a reason other than just a reference or surely it wouldn't be adjustable? I mean it must have an effect on something surely?  :)

Hawk.

It is only used for suspensions debugging, to check that the simulated ground clearance matches the real one.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 20, 2016, 01:04:12 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 20, 2016, 11:47:55 AM

Hawk.

Hawk.

It is only used for suspensions debugging, to check that the simulated ground clearance matches the real one.

Appreciate the additional explanation Piboso. Thank you.  ;) 8)

Hmmm..... Now I'm thinking how come I was getting those results I mentioned above? I'm going to have to do some more testing to see if I can pinpoint exactly what was happening.

Hawk.

Vini

only piboso can fix this bug

manu already tried this stuff if i remember correctly.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on May 20, 2016, 06:44:06 PM
only piboso can fix this bug

manu already tried this stuff if i remember correctly.

Hmm... Let's see, because I was definitely able to get the rider jumping off the bike in the middle of the track surface while cornering which is unusual if it's a core program problem because that doesn't happen with all bikes. In fact I've only experienced this rider jump-off problem with bikeMODS if I'm not mistaken? Which I could be.  :)

But I'll do some more testing at some stage.... let's see.  ;)

Hawk.

Vini

not unusual given enough lean angle and the standard bikes also suffer from it.

the problem is that lowside detection is connected to the rider which it shouldn't be but I'm repeating myself...