• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:16:21 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

The Mugello track has problems? No!

Started by Blackheart, May 22, 2016, 11:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

These days I read many guys that hate the Mugello track in gpb... Now I show you why i love and  use this track (only this and Victoria) for my mods test.

In the video I made an "extreme" test; in every corners I gave the maximum lean input with my controller, as you see I have never risked a fall. This tires are simple slick, with a possible high lean angle (about 60°).

So the falls in the downhills its not a game problem, imo its a perfect track for see bikes issues.

Important: The bike in this video does not exist, the 3d model is my cbr900rr alpha, the sounds...i dont remember, the phisics is a my tests and the engine is from a NR750 version.

Vini

May 22, 2016, 11:22:29 PM #1 Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:25:15 PM by vin97
no no, you are only supposed to test bikes at victoria because only there do you know that the track is 1000% smooth! /s

Blackheart

Victoria It is great but has only a downhill corner, Mugello has both downhill and uphill, I find it more complete for tests.

Always use both, Victoria has priority, but if a bike works well at Mugello, works well almost everywhere  ;D

Vini

May 23, 2016, 12:02:02 AM #3 Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:47:06 AM by vin97
Quote from: Blackheart on May 22, 2016, 11:33:49 PMif a bike works well at Mugello, works well almost everywhere  ;D
exactly.

other tracks where i usually test bikes are magneycours, sepang and suzuka.
edit: sachsenring, vallelunga and portimao are also good

Klax75

For me, I love NC's tracks. But all of his tracks when using DST the curbs are brutal. Since it seems GP Bikes suspension isn't absorbing the curbs but bouncing on them very violently. I love his tracks but the ridged curbs I have to avoid like the plague. :/

Hawk

There is no problem with the Mugello track surface, the problem is with the uphill downhill handling issue in GPB that still needs sorting out properly. Also with the cambered turns on Mugello tends to exaggerate the GPB low-siding issue in places too.
But yes, is should be one of the best tracks to test a bike with it's great variation in turns, etc, but until those core bike handling issues have been sorted in GPB it unfortunately isn't a good track for testing bikes on with GPB's current stage of development.

Just my opinion of course.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

May 23, 2016, 08:44:12 AM #6 Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:45:54 AM by Napalm Nick
I can see why you love it for your Mods test it has a good surface and a good variety of turns so yes I agree it has no problems really.

It will be interesting to know how the bike performs once fed with Real World data though. It should behave badly of course like all the other bikes using true physics...simply because the core physics engine still needs work.

The bikes can be made to get round there with no problems of course, (which is fun) but then simulation starts to get blurred into arcade and the one factor that makes GPBikes=GPBikes is lost.  Nowadays I think that is dangerous territory. People will begin to think bikes fitted with Real World data are rubbish and convince themselves that the arcade bikes are "better". Yak. There are better arcade games out there.

Controversial comments I know, hopefully you can consider them rather than hate me haha! To be honest at this stage I want to ride bikes that work and have some great races and some fun! But I also know to do that I have to sell a little of my simulation soul to the devil and I am not ready to do that.

PS: Suzuka track surface on banked turns is very wrinkly. I doubt a real bike faced with those surfaces would make it so I would automatically be suspicious of bikes that get round there 'no problems'
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

Just saw what you were riding in that video Blacky.

Said in a perfect Monty Python accent "You lucky lucky bastard!!!"

Looking good.

For those interested watch out for a video on Real sim vs bike games" coming soon.

It says a lot to do with this and other threads.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Blackheart

No Nick this physics is real (based on the murasama) the other bikes has wrong physics.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Warlock

Totally agree Nick, thats the truth.
Nothing to add.

Blackheart

I repeat, this physics has nothing arcade...  ???

Napalm Nick

Yes sorry something is being lost in translation there I was not really implying your bikes physics were made to fit, rather that there is a core physics issue that must be cured before the bikes should work properly. Mind you I did find your reply that all the other bikes must be wrong because yours works a bit 'funny' lol. But I expect that is also a translation problem. I can see why you like to talk on the Genesis website instead lol.

Vini

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 23, 2016, 08:44:12 AMPS: Suzuka track surface on banked turns is very wrinkly. I doubt a real bike faced with those surfaces would make it so I would automatically be suspicious of bikes that get round there 'no problems'
What do you mean exactly? NC-Suzukua is very smooth and the track worked great for real bikes.

Napalm Nick

The track surface MESH in the model is wrinkled providing 'edges' that trip a 3d Model bike up.  I don't mean bumps of course.