• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:26:55 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Improved wet weather raindrops in 1P view

Started by h106frp, May 25, 2016, 07:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Would it be possible to improve the raindrop animation on the windshield for wet weather 1P riding?

Ideally it would be nice to have the droplets streak across the screen at the the bike speed increases.

At a minimum it would be nice to see the existing droplet respond correctly to speed changes and not just hang, obeying gravity even at 150mph. I would have though that as the raindrop has an animation cycle going from droplet to fade it might also be possible to rotate the basic texture from the vertical depending on the distance from the bike centreline to indicate the aerodynamic forces acting on the screen/raindrop.

At the moment the raindrops dilute the sense of speed/simulation/immersion as they just sit on the windshield defying the forces that should be acting upon them.

Improved weather animation may also benefit TTB where the weather will need a more dynamic component (wet/dry on the same lap) to be realistic.

Thanks

Warlock

+1

Right now, is probably the worst 'eye candy' gpb has

Alone

Hawk

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on May 25, 2016, 01:38:17 PM
+1

Right now, is probably the worst 'eye candy' gpb has
AKA the biggest eyesore :)

I tend to agree: at the moment they look so bad that IMO it would be better to switch them off.

doubledragoncc

Just dont ride on British tracks then lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Vini

+1000

extremely difficult to see where you are going in the rain

h106frp

June 10, 2016, 05:11:40 PM #7 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:14:51 PM by h106frp
One simple change i have observed IRL is that you only get the type of raindrop modeled in game when stationary or very low speed. Once on the move its more of a symmetrical 'splat' rather than the 'drip' we have at the moment.

tchemi

Helloooooo,I'm diging it to the surface.

Is it possible to edit any .ini or .cfg file to deactivate the droplets in 1st P ? It's very annoying with VR helmets.

h106frp

You could unpack and experiment in

.....\gpbikes\effects\visor   ::)

Blackheart

Quote from: tchemi on January 23, 2017, 08:55:44 PM
Helloooooo,I'm diging it to the surface.

Is it possible to edit any .ini or .cfg file to deactivate the droplets in 1st P ? It's very annoying with VR helmets.

Try to delete (do it a backup before) the ".wss" file in the bike.

tchemi

thank you guys, I'll try that !

Does it means no online sessions for me ?  :-\

Blackheart

Quote from: tchemi on January 24, 2017, 09:29:02 PM
thank you guys, I'll try that !

Does it means no online sessions for me ?  :-\

The file.wss it tell at GP Bikes where are the raindrops, so it's just a visual thing, in theory no problems online as the EDF files.

h106frp

The .wss file maps the raindrops to the bikes windshield.

The configuration in \effects\visor will alter the rain effect on the virtual 1P rider visor

tchemi

Haa yes, that is what I'm looking for, 'H'