Author Topic: Ride 2  (Read 15267 times)

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
Re: Ride 2
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 02:27:31 PM »
Sorry vin but there is no way that the track we have now is really useable without constant problems and how many years will it take to get it even nice to look at.

Sorry but I refuse to enjoy graphics from the 90's just because it is a particular track. I actually want it to look good not like a frickin mario cart game.

We have the best bikes, but still not the ones I want.

I am sick of shit graphics its 2016 for fuck sake!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 02:34:37 PM »
nordschleife / green hell / ring

meh, visuals are secondary in a sim. first make the surface smooth, then add nice things to look at.

but my point is, we could change it if we found a way to split the work into many small sections.

what do you think will change once TTB is out? i highly doubt Piboso will release the game with nordschleife being included by default.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:36:58 PM by vin97 »
es gibt nur ein gas

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 02:46:15 PM »
I do get what you mean vin BUT....................

Everyone screams blue murder they want it to be real and then say the visuals are not important!!!

HOW can you feel like your in a real sim when your brain is telling you it looks like a dang mario cart game from the 90's? It ruins every part of the sim.

PLUS the whole Green Hell needs to be made fresh as it is so wrong compared to the real track.

The maker of the track did a brilliant job. BUT if we want it realistic it needs to be totally reworked.

That will take forever no matter how many work on it and then just look at how hard it is to get guys to do just the simplest of thing to make it better for all.

I am simply saying I will enjoy the chance in RIDE 2 without having to wait for years more.

DD

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »
nordschleife / green hell / ring

meh, visuals are secondary in a sim. first make the surface smooth, then add nice things to look at.

but my point is, we could change it if we found a way to split the work into many small sections.

what do you think will change once TTB is out? i highly doubt Piboso will release the game with nordschleife being included by default.

We haven't got the 3D source files for that track. Unless your talking about building another one from scratch? That would be a lot of work and research for anyone, especially if you want eye-candy too.  :-\

Hawk

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2016, 02:55:21 PM »
ok, so maybe just take the rfactor version as starting point, assign sections and then make it smoother.
es gibt nur ein gas

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »
Thats my point Hawk

It is my favorite track and the one for me above IOM, its a personal thing.

If R2 is my only choice then I am okay with it for now.

DD

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
As long as it is not rFactor graphics then thats okay.

I hate all the rFactor rules stuff its old and over rated sorry

DD

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 04:03:10 PM »
As long as it is not rFactor graphics then thats okay.

I hate all the rFactor rules stuff its old and over rated sorry

DD

You talking about rFactor or rFactor 2? Comparing the graphics between the two is like comparing night and day. rFactor 2 has way better graphics than rFactor for sure.  ;)

I doubt there is an rFactor 2 version of this track though? Or is there!?  ;D

Hawk.

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2016, 04:23:53 PM »
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21015-Nordschleife2-v2-01

i'd say those graphics are good enough.
it says the track was already smoothed (from the rfactor 1 version).
es gibt nur ein gas

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2016, 04:43:19 PM »
Thats not a bad looking version true, but it aint perfect and still needs work to be up to date graphically. Sorry but it is 2016 and PCars and AC and others have it far better looking.

If this could be worked with for GPB it would be a start.

We dont have DX11 only OpenGL so it is hard to think how good a track could look in GPB.

DD

EDIT: After watching this it depends on what graphic settings the photos or videos are but it shows how primitive it actually is.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NDBkkqk9GVI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NDBkkqk9GVI</a>
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:50:18 PM by doubledragoncc »

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »
come on man, you're getting nit-picky now.
how about we put some money together and get crytek to do the track for us....
what computer are you even going to run a version of the nordschleife on, that's as detailed as you want it to be?

also, AA is obviously turned down in the video.
es gibt nur ein gas

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 05:03:32 PM »
I stated about settings but that wont change the quality of basic content its old plain and simple.

Not being picky, Im being up to date not geriatric frickin shit no more minded!!!

My G75 runs AC, PC and any of those perfectly and they are good enough quality and AC is laser scanned so accurate!

No matter what you say, it is 2016 and no excuse for shit 90's graphics will change my mind.

I have no clue how RIDE2 will handle such a track but VRTG seems to have better FPS but also worse graphics in some ways. It all depends what shit MS throws our way. It should still be better than the track we have in GPB now and with luck the CBR900RR too. Thats all I want

DD

Guiga

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »
If you're going to illegally take a track, might as well make it GTR Evo or Assetto Corsa's Ring, the latter which was being worked on by the same guy who made the original conversion of rF2's Ring. The legal rF2 version has a very inaccurate layout since it's from the 2007 or so public release of the track.

vini97

• und dann vollgas
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2016, 04:31:42 PM »
why does it have to be illegal?

we could just ask the author, i don't see why he should be against his name being spread to other games.
or did he already say somewhere that he is working on a GPB version? ..don't think so.
es gibt nur ein gas

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2016, 04:35:29 PM »
why does it have to be illegal?

we could just ask the author, i don't see why he should be against his name being spread to other games.
or did he already say somewhere that he is working on a GPB version? ..don't think so.

+1 Vin  ;)

I think most track authors if you ask them kindly will appreciate and respect the fact that you've took the trouble to look them up and ask before you just take it, and that as long as you give them credit as the original track authors in your conversion then they are happy to help in any way they can.  :)

Hawk.