• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:30:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Questions about daily development

Started by Alby46, June 21, 2016, 09:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boerenlater

I hope the marketing will do it's job and hopefully many people will buy it.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

PiBoSo

Grace under pressure. Everything passes.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

h106frp

Just had a look at the steam page; very nice  :)

Most of the negatives appear related to VR issues - so I guess they are fixable and it suggests this is a selling point if you get it right.

The comment about vibrations feedback should be addressed, full telemetry is available and if I fire up the 4 seismic shakers I built and attached to my chair its easily enough to get complaints from the household - maybe you should add buttshaker support as an option. Maybe you should get a demo/review from someone with a full kart simulation  rig to add to the videos.

Well done - a 'milestone' for PiBosos games  :)

PiBoSo

July 18, 2017, 02:54:49 PM #244 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:59:36 PM by PiBoSo
Unfortunately the latest Kart Racing Pro release didn't go as planned.
There are a couple show-stopping bugs that must be addressed as soon as possible.
The Steam version is getting "Mixed" reviews and a disheartening refund rate over 20%  :'(

Work on GPB, WRS and MXB will resume as soon as possible.

P.S.
Not to mention the obscene amount of messages that clutter the inbox.
Apologies for the lack of replies.

Napalm Nick

4 out of 5 people love your game! Thats a great result  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

TFC

I think that is a great result to be honest. I remember reading something a year or two ago, when Steam refunds were a relitively new thing. A developer (forget who) had something like 20 refund requests over the course of their game being on Steam, couple of years I think, and in the first week of Steam refunds being active it shot up to over 30%.

There are always people who will refund. People who can't really afford, people who want to try and exploit and those who just don't like. But, considering how long it's been on Steam I think it's pretty good going, damn good exposure and hey, extra publicity if you ever choose to put it on sale!

PiBoSo

It is true that 80% approval is not bad in the grand scheme of things.
However, Steam has a neat feature that allows buyers to write the reasons they ask for a refund.
Roughly half of them complained about bugs, so hopefully the update will bring refunds to a less gruesome rate.

Napalm Nick

July 18, 2017, 05:23:43 PM #248 Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 05:27:13 PM by Napalm Nick
 All feedback is good i guess. I wonder why those bugs are not already being reported from the KRP community before release? Or maybe they are paralleled now.

But it could be used back to your advantage as you fix the bugs and update Steam. Please though, engage with the Steamers with a mere line of comment either about what you are fixing or have fixed. It will go a long way I'm sure.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

The refund policy (pretty permissive) is to blame: people will just try it out via steam and ask for a refund after 5min (even if they could try the demo version for far less hassle).

I see a very good start. And everybody knows I'm not the most optimistic person on earth.
Don't forget to point the people to the forum: they will realise there's already a community, and it matters.

Napalm Nick

Yes some comments about content suggest they dont know a community already exists

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 18, 2017, 06:00:43 PM
Yes some comments about content suggest they dont know a community already exists

Exactly. The "need moar tracks" / "need moar karts" ...

Warlock

Yeah i was thinking the same when i read the comments.

Also as Nick pointed a few words from the developer to them i'm sure will be very valuable so they feel they are not abandoned with a buggy product.
Some are pointing the fact that is a new product and putting confidence in it to be updated and fixed, let them know you are aware of it.

Alby46

Will there be a steam greenlight integration? if so, it will be easier to install mods for noobs that want "moar tracks and karts"
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Napalm Nick

Do you mean Workshop integration?