• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Questions about daily development

Started by Alby46, June 21, 2016, 09:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

Will the downshift not working right while using the rear brake also be fixed Mr P?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 05, 2016, 05:27:48 PM
Will the downshift not working right while using the rear brake also be fixed Mr P?

DD

Gearbox simulation improvements are very, VERY low on the tasks list at the moment.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

iVolution

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 05, 2016, 03:37:02 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 05, 2016, 03:32:43 PM
Quote from: vin97 on November 05, 2016, 03:17:00 PM
Will the reintroduction of the old respawn systems mean that we can reset runaway/ghost bikes?

This should already be possible.
A check has been added to Beta9: if the bike has been riderless for more than 5 seconds, it should be possible to use the "3 seconds reset" regardless of the bike speed.

Mmmmh... Actually...
Nevermind, there is a bug and it doesn't work  :-[
It will be fixed in Beta10.
Either way, sounds like you made some good progress already. Cant wait to do some massive group testing with the new beta. Keep up the good work, heading in the right direction  :D

HornetMaX

* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: fixed the rendering of surfaces with texture blending and bump but no shadows

Will this have any impact on the issue we have with Suzuka (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3794.msg64320#msg64320) ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 06, 2016, 09:09:41 AM
* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: fixed the rendering of surfaces with texture blending and bump but no shadows

Will this have any impact on the issue we have with Suzuka (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3794.msg64320#msg64320) ?

No. The Suzuka asphalt DOES have shadows. The only solution at the moment is for the track maker to update the track.
The alternative would be to create a tool to unpack the textures and shaders of a MAP file and then repacking them, thus allowing modifications.
However, that would be a lot of work and probably not something all modders would like.

HornetMaX

What I thought, unfortunately. I think Ricco tried to get in touch with Noss but no joy yet.

Manu

Piboso, will fix support for Steam VR in beta 10?
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

TFC

I'm probably missing the obvious here, but what is the remote vehicle in the pits all about?

HornetMaX

Quote from: TheFatController on November 08, 2016, 11:18:49 PM
I'm probably missing the obvious here, but what is the remote vehicle in the pits all about?
Vehicle staying in the pits (and hence visible by other vehicles) when the rider is back to the garage page ? Right now, it disappears.

TFC

Ah yeah that would make sense, thanks MaX :)

TFC

Hey pib, what is the 'engine blending'? Is that something to do with things like heightmap/object clipping?

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on December 07, 2016, 05:52:46 AM
Hey pib, what is the 'engine blending'? Is that something to do with things like heightmap/object clipping?

No. It was written in a rush. It means engine sound blending.

C21

Quote« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2016, 11:58:41 PM »

* MXB: added support for the limiter engine sound
Could you please add the limiter back to GPB as well?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

PiBoSo

Quote from: C21 on December 12, 2016, 09:17:51 AM
Quote« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2016, 11:58:41 PM »

* MXB: added support for the limiter engine sound
Could you please add the limiter back to GPB as well?

That is a dedicated engine limiter sample.
The GPB engine sound at limiter, with semi-automatic gearshifts and with ECU cutting the throttle has been fixed. It will come back in the next build.

Mace-x

Rear tyre steering?
Do i smell monster trucks?  ;D