• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:45:03 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Questions about daily development

Started by Alby46, June 21, 2016, 09:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alby46

yeah sorry lol i meant workshop integration
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

HornetMaX

Last time PiBoSo said: "no, too much work for that".

AUSSIEDIRT

h106frp

suspension springs animation I think - maybe crash damage

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on July 24, 2017, 07:33:45 AM
suspension springs animation I think - maybe crash damage
I doubt crash damage, but was wondering, maybe it could be used for hub steering (even if the physics will stay the usual fork one).

Hawk

Shape animations: I'm hoping it's to allow modders to rig and animate any object they wish, including new riders. That to me would be more logical than limiting object animation only to certain objects.  :)

Hawk.

PiBoSo

July 24, 2017, 12:58:15 PM #261 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:02:33 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: AUSSIEDIRT on July 24, 2017, 04:47:37 AM
Shape animations?

To be used for animated flags, coils, brake lines and motocross dust guards.
Not the most important feature to tackle, but still on the list. I felt like doing something different, a bit more on the "fun" side, after so many months of work on KRP that, sadly, didn't pay off at all.
Don't worry, though. Everyone seems to hate the idea, so I'm back to the more useful tasks.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

BOBR6 84

* GPB: porting of the latest features and improvements

Can i ask what these are??

PiBoSo

July 24, 2017, 01:34:54 PM #263 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:36:31 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 24, 2017, 01:30:37 PM
* GPB: porting of the latest features and improvements

Can i ask what these are??

Support for the external mod folder, code to lower the connection lag, VR reset key setting, revised aero sounds mixing, support for the engine limiter sound, and more...

BOBR6 84

h106frp

+1 for shape animations, correctly animated 3P rear suspension and steering dampers in 1P would finish the bikes nicely.

The ability to add animation for object and characters would improve track  immersion.

TFC

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 24, 2017, 12:58:15 PM
Don't worry, though. Everyone seems to hate the idea, so I'm back to the more useful tasks.

Guess that's a reference to me since I'm the only one who mentioned something negative. I didn't mean I hate the idea, I love the idea.

In fact I really wanted it to be included in the last beta so I could correctly model the brake lines on the bike I made.

I was just voicing my opinion on the MXB board.. I don't expect it to change your development plan. You're right, it doesn't matter what order things are done in when they're all going to be part of the same release. :)

Boerenlater

Can you tell us about the sales numbers in Steam?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

PiBoSo

July 27, 2017, 01:40:23 PM #268 Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:45:30 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Boerenlater on July 27, 2017, 09:00:47 AM
Can you tell us about the sales numbers in Steam?

There is no need to divulge sensitive data, as this website is accurate enough:
http://steamspy.com/app/415600

Probably the only fair comparison would be this software:
http://steamspy.com/app/335070
It is comparable to KRP in several ways:
1) It is an hardcore simulator aimed at a niche, mostly made of real-life enthusiasts ( this is something most simracers don't get about KRP, probably because half-assed karts can be found in almost every car simulator and simcade )
2) It has been on sale on their own website for years prior to landing on Steam
3) The price is relatively high, but very low compared to the expenses of the real-life counterpart ( even more for kart racing )

Phathry25

They do a really good job of marketing that game, before and after steam. I haven't seen much noise being made about KRP being released on steam. The one review I have come across mentioned lack of content and lack of activity as the only negatives. Both fixable things, but you need to allow the community to help you out. Sell the community. Put the forums in the preview video, add on karts and tracks, skins, helmets etc.... Get some servers going. Host community races or skin competitions. Hot lap competitions. Anything! Give people a reason to play your game other than it being a great kart simulator. I get that you don't want to compromise the simulation quality in your games, that's a great selling point to a lot of people. But you still need to work to attract the non hardcore kart racing customers.

Iit only takes one spark to start a fire.

Tha'st my opinion at least. I sell forklift parts for a living though, so it's probably not extremely valid. I wish you nothing but the best and hope you find a path to success.