Author Topic: Questions about daily development  (Read 18250 times)

Guiga

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Questions about daily development
« Reply #285 on: August 10, 2017, 02:51:12 AM »
VRC Pro looks to be a polished package and it looks modern. Apparently it lacks VR, though. 12% and 20% refund rates aren't desireable but considering the grand scheme of things, what's available from the game itself and price (I read a lot of people saying $29.99 would be easier to pay), I am sure that refund rate is on par with some AA and AAA releases.

And that rate is at the current lowest level of quality the game will be, right? So it will improve. The game's improvement will bring reviews and users around. A tutorial riding mode, tutorial videos, anything like GTRē or Nascar Racing 2003 Season, to add more ingame help and guides.

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2017, 11:49:13 PM »
* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: completed support for the animated flags ( it's not just a visual feature. They give a clue about the wind strength and direction )

Sounds very good!  8)

I presume we will still be able to animate the flag movement as we wish the flags to animate via a sequence of animation-frames, but I presume there is now code in there for wind direction to trail the flag animation direct into the wind itself?

Can we export animations now instead of having to script them? This would be a great help.....  It would also be great to be able to export the shaders and maps instead of having to script them too. Just makes more sense to be able to export everything in one job-lot with the exporter rather than sticking with the current shader scripts process(it's a pain in the ass), then we can apply everything in the 3D app, get it all how we like it and then just export. Easy(especially for the FBX exporter). :)

Hawk.

poumpouny

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 17, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »

* GPB: misc tasks for release
  ;D :D

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 20, 2017, 07:18:41 PM »
Hi Piboso. Will you provide information on how to upgrade the models to the new shape animation system?

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 20, 2017, 10:55:41 PM »
Hi Piboso. Will you provide information on how to upgrade the models to the new shape animation system?

It hasn't been tested yet.
It should be ready for Beta13.

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #290 on: August 21, 2017, 09:28:02 AM »
@Piboso, is beta 12 going to be released this week or should I plan on keeping beta11b for the Dorna demo?

Thanks for all your hard work Mr P

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 21, 2017, 12:16:51 PM »
@Piboso, is beta 12 going to be released this week or should I plan on keeping beta11b for the Dorna demo?

DD

Trying to release GP Bikes beta12 on Wednesday.
Hopefully it will not be too late.

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 21, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »

DD

Would appreciate, if the exporter is already sorted then please release the exporter now so we can work on getting the Silverstone TrackMOD sorted for the weekend for DD. Thank you. ;)

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 21, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »

DD

Would appreciate, if the exporter is already sorted then please release the exporter now so we can work on getting the Silverstone TrackMOD sorted for the weekend for DD. Thank you. ;)

No changes to the exporter are needed.

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »
You guys rock

Hope my designs for promoting GPB are okay for you Piboso. I will be posting them later today. All of the team are ready to rock n roll to show the world what GPBikes can do.

Please trust me on how I present you Simulation and work. I swear to do it in the most professional way possible.

DD

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Guiga

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #295 on: August 22, 2017, 04:28:42 AM »
You should have a backup partition with a stable b11 build with the content running, in case b12 goes awry. Feel free to use my 2004 Rossi paint job on the 2003 Honda, though Davide painted a beautiful 2003 bike. And some of the 500cc 90's beauties could be an eye opener for Dorna too. Best of luck to you guys trying to promote this.

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2017, 05:23:10 AM »
Thanks for saying Guiga

I ALWAYS have a copy of the last beta installrd incase of problems. I will leave beta11b on my system as long as it has no conflict with beta12.

DD

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »
I ALWAYS have a copy of the last beta installrd incase of problems. I will leave beta11b on my system as long as it has no conflict with beta12.
No conflict, especially if you use the "compatibility=1" option in core.ini.

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #298 on: August 22, 2017, 07:21:25 AM »
I meant with the profile Max. Forgotten when it changed but the profile once got stored in the games install folder I think then went to as it is now.

DD

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 22, 2017, 07:23:26 AM »
I meant with the profile Max. Forgotten when it changed but the profile once got stored in the games install folder I think then went to as it is now.

DD
The "compatibility=1" option does exactly that: it stores the profiles (and also reads the license.ini file) from the installation folder instead of from the "My Documents/Piboso/GP Bikes" folder.
Using "compatibility=1" will make sure each installed GPB version uses its own profiles folder instead of a shared one.