• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:13:20 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Questions about daily development

Started by Alby46, June 21, 2016, 09:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

THANKYOU Mr P

Downloading now and praying

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

August 26, 2017, 08:09:39 AM #301 Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:12:50 AM by h106frp
Does the new SIGN_ prefix need a new version of the exporter or will it just work with b12?

When will new version of tracked and mapviewer be available ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: h106frp on August 26, 2017, 08:09:39 AM
Does the new SIGN_ prefix need a new version of the exporter or will it just work with b12?

The SIGN_ prefix requires new track tools.
They will be updated as soon as possible.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 26, 2017, 06:29:17 PM
Quote from: h106frp on August 26, 2017, 08:09:39 AM

The SIGN_ prefix requires new track tools.
They will be updated as soon as possible.

Why did you have to create the "SIGN" prefix to fix the flickering sign textures? Couldn't that have been solved in the graphics code instead of creating a separate prefix that we have to assign? It just seems to me to be an additional nonsensical parameter for track makers? :)

Hawk

* GPB / MXB: fixed a multiplayer bug

Any chance we can get these app-fixes as hotfix patches(released as they are fixed) so we don't have to wait so long for them? Then only release anything newly deveoped as the next full beta release? After all, if it's fixed it's fixed and ready to go, right?   ;D 8)

Mace-x

is the flag animations based on realtime physics or is a baked animation?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Mace-x on September 06, 2017, 01:13:30 PM
is the flag animations based on realtime physics or is a baked animation?

Animation.
Cloth simulation for a minor feature like flags would be overkill.

doubledragoncc

Your priority should be stability of your sims

Flags and shit are just pretty. Keep your goal and be the only one for pure simulaton based on physics. That is what make you different.

We got your back no matter what

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Mace-x

Quote* MXB: work on the physics ( this may sound repetitive and meaningless, so here's the details: working to make the rider a lot less stiff on the bike, and to try to minimize the bike bounciness )

Awesome, rider stiffness and bike bounciness is the major issue in mxb physics, thank you mr pibs!

another major issue is the glitch where, the rear wheel goes to the inside in uphill/downhill, makes the game fel so weird, will this be issued aswell?

Quote from: doubledragoncc on September 07, 2017, 11:52:50 AM
Your priority should be stability of your sims

i agree, but he has the right to work on something else from time to time, stability has been worked and improved already, is still far from perfect but i´m sure it will continue to be worked on.
the last fix to enable online deformation was pretty stable and the game was so much more fun!

Manu

* GPB / MXB: completed work on support for the suspensions, spring, cables and brake lines animations

Awesome. We will have information on how to do this?
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Manu on September 11, 2017, 07:54:31 AM

* GPB / MXB: completed work on support for the suspensions, spring, cables and brake lines animations

Awesome. We will have information on how to do this?

For sure.

Hawk

Good job on the flag animation Piboso; from what I see in the video it looks pretty good.  :)

Question: Are you providing a way to animate each flag differently and independently? I ask because in a test I did with many animated flags all moving the same way it looked very odd and unrealistic, so what I did was create a flag simulation in Maya so I could capture frame animation so each flag animation would move slightly differently and it looks a lot more realistic; would I still be able to do this in your new flag animation implementation?

philiaN

September 19, 2017, 02:30:55 PM #312 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:34:20 PM by philiaN
Dont know if that answers your question
https://www.youtube.com/v/5KeB01t8JTE

Hawk

Quote from: philiaN on September 19, 2017, 02:30:55 PM
Dont know if that answers your question

@philian: Not really because we don't now how Piboso has implemented the flag animation and what functions we will have as part of that implementation until he releases it. It could be totally different implementation to what it is now.  :)

Napalm Nick

New track tools! Wonderful thanks PiB!

"ESC KEY NO LONGER QUITS" - KISSES  :-* :-* :-*
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"