• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:13:49 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Questions about daily development

Started by Alby46, June 21, 2016, 09:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 11, 2017, 08:42:41 AM
That sounds great for MXB, but all about MXB is better than GPB so how much did GPB usage drop please? Quoting MXB facts in a GPB forum dont give us an answer about GPB by the way.

We understand about the update for WRS, unfortunately it means NO online racing in GPB until when you decide to give us the fix and MANY are VERY unhappy with GPB for this right now.

A prudent move would be a memory usage patch for ALL games if possible I think WRS guys would agree too.

DD

To be honest, haven't tested GP Bikes in a while. Sadly, GPB is now third in the update line: WRS -> KRP -> GPB -> MXB
Apologies for the multiplayer problems. A new build will be published as soon as possible  :-[

P.S.
This is the "PiBoSo Official Forum", so no harm in occasionally discussing projects that are not GPB :)
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

Good hear the optimsation was sucessful :)

Will you be taking a look at the Go to track drop that is at the moment our main issue with racing when you re-start looking at GPB?. Stability online is a lot better and Cores are at a minimum when actually racing (I havent had one that is seld caused for a very long time) and this one issue is the main reason no-one can hold races/championships

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

So are we looking at no more online racing for another 6 months or so as it is killing GPB as it is right now?.

Im asking as most on the GPB forum are dying to hold more championships and just hot lapping has got old to be very honest and is boring to host videos for a YouTube channel, not lol.

We know you have much to do and thank you for the hard work.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 11, 2017, 11:03:09 AM
So are we looking at no more online racing for another 6 months or so as it is killing GPB as it is right now?.

Please note that a lot of time passed between Beta11 and Beta12 because of the release of Kart Racing Pro on Steam, and because of substantial engine code refactoring.
After the upcoming WRS update, the releases cycle should be a lot shorter.

matty0l215

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2017, 01:11:12 PM
After the upcoming WRS update, the releases cycle should be a lot shorter.

Good to hear :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Alby46

What about krp? Is it finished or does it still need tweaks?
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

PiBoSo

Alby46

Don't get me wrong, I asked because you said you implemented new fixes for mxb and i was wondering if there will be a next release of Krp to fix the same issues
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Vergio101

Quote from: Alby46 on November 11, 2017, 05:01:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, I asked because you said you implemented new fixes for mxb and i was wondering if there will be a next release of Krp to fix the same issues
+1

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2017, 12:51:16 AM
The fix was successful. MX Bikes' online memory usage dropped 570MB with two mod bikes.
That's spectacular.

Phathry25

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 11, 2017, 08:42:41 AM
I think WRS guys would agree too.

Wrong.We've been waiting far too long for some show stopping bugs to be fixed.  Plus we'll get the memory usage fixes faster too. This bug was just found. I first reported the beam axle bug on September 21st of 2016....

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 11, 2017, 06:50:33 PM
The fix was successful. MX Bikes' online memory usage dropped 570MB with two mod bikes.
That's spectacular.

Only because it was spectacularly bad before  :-[

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 11, 2017, 08:42:59 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on November 11, 2017, 06:50:33 PM
That's spectacular.

Only because it was spectacularly bad before  :-[
All is relative :)

TFC

Definitely good news!

I understand other sims need releases and MXB is at the back of the queue, but would it be possible to push a hotfix for the multiplayer, like a beta 7.1 or 7a? It would go a long way to securing some of the new community we've inherited recently.

PiBoSo

November 11, 2017, 10:52:45 PM #344 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:56:49 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: TheFatController on November 11, 2017, 10:39:00 PM
Definitely good news!

I understand other sims need releases and MXB is at the back of the queue, but would it be possible to push a hotfix for the multiplayer, like a beta 7.1 or 7a? It would go a long way to securing some of the new community we've inherited recently.

Not sure it would be worth releasing a patch with one fix only, that doesn't guarantee to solve the online crashes with mod bikes  :-\