• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:59:58 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Questions about daily development

Started by Alby46, June 21, 2016, 09:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

But its not online crashes with Mod bikes that are the problem - its the dropping to track/dsq problem that's been fed back since B12 came out making online races a farce - a problem introduced with the latest Beta.

You know that one right ?  ??? :-\ :'(
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PiBoSo

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 11, 2017, 11:11:42 PM
But its not online crashes with Mod bikes that are the problem - its the dropping to track/dsq problem that's been fed back since B12 came out making online races a farce - a problem introduced with the latest Beta.

You know that one right ?  ??? :-\ :'(

TFC is talking about MXB.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Napalm Nick

Ah yes I missed that TFC post in the unread post precis.
Sorry to jump in  :-[.

I guess we all want hotfixes then  ::)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Asdrael

Talking about memory usage and online (I come from the MXB side but I guess it's valid everywhere).

I don't understand why you dropped the temporary model of bikes (the "ghost"). To me it would have made a lot more sense to keep the ghost but set it to being the same for all bikes. So you load it once, and everytime someone connects you simply display the ghost that you already have stored. Then next time you go to pits, you proceed with the complete loading of bike + rider. Currently (at least on MXB) each new client connecting is up to 2s frame freeze here.

Anyhow, good to know you found the hole - hoping it address the freeze on connection issue too.
Asdrael - #15

pacopastor34

Will be helpful if we do the mods lighter?

doubledragoncc

MX Bikes beta7b - 2017/11/14
Mx Bikes beta7b available.

Changelog:
fix: memory optimizations
fix: freeze when another client connects while on track
fix: "very high" network connection setting
fix: supermoto tyres ambient shadow
fix: Nevada sky

This is great news, but I have to ask as I am sure others will.

You said a few days ago:

To be honest, haven't tested GP Bikes in a while. Sadly, GPB is now third in the update line: WRS -> KRP -> GPB -> MXB
Apologies for the multiplayer problems. A new build will be published as soon as possible

Yet MXB jumped the queue and just got an update before its time so can we guys with GPB get a bone too, pretty please kind sir?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

If a major company asks for it, would you give GPB priority?

I need to know this as I have been communicating about GPB for a major VR company and their main worry is the issue of development for GPB for LAN and internet useage with VR support.

As you hardly reply to PM messages I have to ask this on the forum and request you reply either here or with an actual PM. I try my best to push your product, but with your lack of acknolidgement, I can only try. Please understand, YOU need to respond to requests. There are companies that wish to use GPB, but due to the lack of development, they wont. Please PM me for further details!!!

Yours very sincerly
Allan Beaton (DD)
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

PiBoSo

Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 18, 2017, 08:00:28 PM
If a major company asks for it, would you give GPB priority?

I need to know this as I have been communicating about GPB for a major VR company and their main worry is the issue of development for GPB for LAN and internet useage with VR support.

As you hardly reply to PM messages I have to ask this on the forum and request you reply either here or with an actual PM. I try my best to push your product, but with your lack of acknolidgement, I can only try. Please understand, YOU need to respond to requests. There are companies that wish to use GPB, but due to the lack of development, they wont. Please PM me for further details!!!

Yours very sincerly
Allan Beaton (DD)

It wouldn't be very respectful of the community to give priority to GPB just because a major company asks for it, while longtime loyal supporters unfortunately are forced to wait.
Nonetheless, please report what the problems and requests are, and if there is a deadline.
Thank you for your support  :)

doubledragoncc

Thank you for the reply Mr P

The main issue is multiplayer concerns. Holovis not only needs VR support but the ability for multiple user based use of GPB. This is at present a major issue and one that is to be quite honest destroyting the reputation of the simulation as it is based on multyplayer and not single player as a sim.

Howerver, when all is said and done, it is the ONLY road based sim there is. Your work is amazing, but the world can not wait forever to use it at its full protential.

I will PM with full details after testing with Holovis in the near future.

DD

HornetMaX

Quote* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: update to the latest version of the rigid body dynamics library

Interesting. Anything major ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 04, 2018, 12:23:12 AM
Quote* GPB / WRS / KRP / MXB: update to the latest version of the rigid body dynamics library

Interesting. Anything major ?

Major change in the gyroscopic forces calculation.
The new gyro computation makes the simulation explode with very fast spinning objects, like wheels, so it has to be disabled.
The bike is then less stable, but it's not necessarily a bad thing, as it looked a bit over-damped previously.
Testing is still in progress.

HornetMaX

Ugh, no gyro at all sounds pretty bad though. And doesn't cope well with the "I'm a sim not a game" tagline :)

Vini

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 04, 2018, 10:58:36 AM
Ugh, no gyro at all sounds pretty bad though. And doesn't cope well with the "I'm a sim not a game" tagline :)

It should be easy enough to revert to the old gyroscopic calculation.
However, that probably wasn't correct either, given the super-stable wild-running bikes after some crashes or, most important, the difficulty in doing whips with MX bikes.
The new gyroscopic code is probably more accurate but, sadly, not stable enough with very high velocity spinning objects.

h106frp

Would have thought a gyroscopic force was more stable with higher rim velocity?