• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:25:00 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Assen GP500 Wet Race

Started by doubledragoncc, July 26, 2016, 04:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boerenlater

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 29, 2016, 08:09:22 AM
OI!!!! Quit the OT and decide on a fuckin race!!!

Please

;D

DD
As Hawk said a drying Silverstone.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

But the tyres can not take a drying track!!!

Vin tested it and when the track is not wet enough the tyres overheat big time. I dont think we have the tyres yet to do such a race without massive problems. Even in the race where the track conditions meant that the tyres would not overheat, a crash would still overheat them and even the wet track did not cool them. A drying track with be effecting the tyre before any crashes and then crashes will totally kill them.

I think we still need to have tyres developed for wet racing scenarios.

Due to this I think it is only practical to hold dry races until tyres can handle drying tracks better or we end up with tyre fucked withing 5-6 laps

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Boerenlater

doubledragoncc

Plus we had a race on Silverstone but Brno has had no races and just been updated?

Hawk will need a race to be able to use his new DevilYam too so guess we are stuck on 500's lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

I reckon I could make a nice set of intermediates for such conditions but a project for the future unfortunately. Damn I really want to try that now! Drying track dreams - or even wetting track dreams lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Boerenlater

What about smaller bikes like the Japanese S80 do those also have these wet/dry problems?

doubledragoncc

Small bike race was one of the last ones and we still have not tried the new Ducati 916 or 955 for a race or Brno

I was just thinking something new for once

DD

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 29, 2016, 07:30:37 AM
Quote from: vin97 on July 28, 2016, 11:23:56 PM
now, i'm confused.
does this launchcontrol option really exist in gpb?
I could implement it, just for Hawk :)

Cheeky get! Don't you dare! Lol!  ;D
I'm quite happy to wait a few years for that to be implemented. Put that one at the back of the cue I'd say Piboso! Hehe! :P ;D
But I would say it could easily be done via setting the auto-cluth to give a fast pull-away from a standing start anyway, yes? But a lot of people wouldn't like that I suspect as it negates the need and skills for using a manual clutch start. Just a little bit unfair and pointless to have launch control in my book.  :P

I generally prefer to start at or near the back of the grid anyway to avoid the often inevitable first corner kamakazi pile ups, hence I often don't even bother to do the qually session.... I'd rather go and have a smoke. Lol.  :P

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on July 29, 2016, 09:54:20 AM
But the tyres can not take a drying track!!!

Vin tested it and when the track is not wet enough the tyres overheat big time. I dont think we have the tyres yet to do such a race without massive problems. Even in the race where the track conditions meant that the tyres would not overheat, a crash would still overheat them and even the wet track did not cool them. A drying track with be effecting the tyre before any crashes and then crashes will totally kill them.

I think we still need to have tyres developed for wet racing scenarios.

Due to this I think it is only practical to hold dry races until tyres can handle drying tracks better or we end up with tyre fucked withing 5-6 laps

DD

Surely there are bikes released with working wets? Are they all crap? Lol  :o

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on July 29, 2016, 11:34:17 AM
But I would say it could easily be done via setting the auto-cluth to give a fast pull-away from a standing start anyway, yes?
No. A true launch control would be more sophisticated than that.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 29, 2016, 11:47:03 AM
Quote from: Hawk on July 29, 2016, 11:34:17 AM
But I would say it could easily be done via setting the auto-cluth to give a fast pull-away from a standing start anyway, yes?
No. A true launch control would be more sophisticated than that.

Totally agree Max..... I should have qualified that sentence by saying it would be a quick way of doing it. A quick fix if you like.  ;)

Hawk.