• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Default Helmet and Suit

Started by doubledragoncc, July 31, 2016, 10:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

@Piboso

Hi Piboso. In many live streams or videos I make many riders still have default helmet and suit showing due to different reasons and it kinda looks cheap if you know what I mean. To try and show new people what GPB can look like even though there are mods for all, as this default set is basically plain white it is lacking in visual effect to interest new customers.

I think it would be better if you could make your default suit and helmet with a bit of color and also maybe a few logos to push GPB. I know you are a very busy person so you would not have to really design a new paint for these but simply let one of us do a helmet and suit for you and you then add them, that is to save time but I am sure you would want them to be your work.

I just think it would enhance the appearance of GPB streams and videos to promote GPB.

Just an idea

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

tchemi

When your game doesn't find a opponent livrery in its files, it replaces it with a default one.

This default one is loaded from your files on your local hard disk. Just create your own default paints, for each helmets and one for the default suit. Of course you should replace the plain white one.
All default paints will be customized ;) You don't need Piboso for this

doubledragoncc

Gore blimey tchemi!!!!

Such a simple solution but I did not think of it.

I can be a dumb as some times

Still wont stop there being 10 lazy guys with the same suit helmet and bike paint though lol

That ruins the feeling of the sim a lot.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

TFC

Perhaps another solution would be to randomly pick a paint from what you have installed for someone who shows up with default stuff?

doubledragoncc

NO!!!

It is not up to me to do everything to make GPB appear more professional.

The best way is to have say, 20 default paints, even if I have to make them in the first place, after that when someone comes online in default stuff, GPB would assign them a default paint and then when the next person did the same GPB would assign the NEXT default paint.

Until people stop being lazy or realize that the server will only recognize the FIRST paint you join with, then it will keep looking a bit lacking in content to players and viewers

DD

TFC

I wasn't suggesting you do it, in fact how the he'll could you? ;D

It was a suggestion for PiBoSo games in general, I.e the game assigns a random paint to use instead of default, only to you locally of course..

doubledragoncc

Ah ok got ya, not a bad idea but might piss Meyer off if GPB assigns his Pink Gear AND some might feel a bit odd all in pink lol

DD

TFC

August 30, 2016, 02:48:51 PM #7 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:04:53 PM by TheFatController
Lol, well maybe there could be a 'default paint pool'.. That would do it ;) but note it could probably only work locally as you're the only one who has the paints.

Not sure what Pib has to say on the matter though.. ???