• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:00:32 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

EDTracker help please...

Started by davidboda46, August 05, 2016, 09:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Hi guys. Just got my Edtracker, and I got it setup, but how do I get it to work in GPB? I've calibrated it like a joystick but which ever "freelook" option I choose, nothing happens... except for "joystick" where I'm just stuck looking at the sky...

Isn't there suppose to be built in support for EDT in GPB?

Please help.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

h106frp

I have no problems and use joystick mode.

Have you downloaded the EDTracker set up program and completed the setup/calibration/config? This data is uploaded to the firmware in the EDTTracker, suggesting this because tthe looking at the sky scenario occurs if i have not plugged in the EDTracker before starting GPB.

The EDTracker website has links to the software and set up help videos

davidboda46

Quote from: h106frp on August 05, 2016, 10:46:23 PM
I have no problems and use joystick mode.

Have you downloaded the EDTracker set up program and completed the setup/calibration/config? This data is uploaded to the firmware in the EDTTracker, suggesting this because tthe looking at the sky scenario occurs if i have not plugged in the EDTracker before starting GPB.

The EDTracker website has links to the software and set up help videos

I did all that and everything looks fine in the Edtracker calibration software. also calibrated it as a joystick in GPB, same as I've done with my controllers...
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

h106frp

As you do not manually assign the EDTracker i am wondering if the calibration ID is important;

my original device reports

EDTracker EDTracker2

in the calib file in documents\piboso\gpbikes\profiles

If you have one of the new PRO units they may have changed the ID, you might be able to force it manually if this is the case

davidboda46

Quote from: h106frp on August 05, 2016, 11:13:03 PM
As you do not manually assign the EDTracker i am wondering if the calibration ID is important;

my original device reports

EDTracker EDTracker2

in the calib file in documents\piboso\gpbikes\profiles

If you have one of the new PRO units they may have changed the ID, you might be able to force it manually if this is the case

It looks like this (is the first nr "3" the nr of the device? My other devices in the file each start with a different nr):

6B881540-5B5F-11E6-8001-444553540000
EDTracker Pro
}

h106frp

I think its the line;
EDTracker Pro

that might be the problem
my calib for original device
{
5C89E5F0-07BE-11E5-8001-444553540000
EDTracker EDTracker2
}

try changing
EDTracker Pro

to
EDTracker EDTracker2

Apart from that its just the difference in cal magnitudes thats a bit odd, but if the bars move correctly in the cal screens it must be OK i guess

davidboda46

Unfortunately did not work. GPB ignores it and creates a new "pro" instance in th calibration file. Stuck. Maybe try open track but have never used it so we'll see how it goes... Any more ideas/tips are welcomed...

Cheers

h106frp

Try using opentrack, its how mine used to run before built in support and it worked very well.

HornetMaX

I'm away from home and can't check.
As far as I can remember, I quickly switched to opentrack, which allow to customize things much more (in GPB then you have to select freetrack as head tracking method).

One thing (not sure if it matters): can you see your EDTracker "joystick" in windows ? Did you calibrate it in there ?

Another thing: the base orientation of your EDTracker (i.e. its position at rest, while looking straight forward) matters.

I'll probably be able to help more once at home in a week.