• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:33:34 AM

SHAD prefix in Blender

Started by TFC, August 28, 2016, 10:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TFC

Hey all  :)

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong section, there is no 'Track editing' forum here as there is over on the MXB board. Please move the topic if it needs to be put in the right place. I would ask this question over on the MXB board but there are only a few track makers currently, none of which use Blender to my knowledge and PiBoSo just said "it should work"..

I'm using a simple plane as the floor for some off track scenery, and using the SHAD prefix in Blenders outliner (object name is SHAD_plane for example) I can't seem to get shadows to show up off track. All I have on the plane are trees, and these are duplicates of what I'm using on the track and on the heightmap they do generate shadows so I don't think it's a problem with the them..

I've recently taught myself Blender by making a custom bike, and so far it's great for track scenery.. I've had the SHAD prefix working just fine before when I used SketchUp for previous tracks, and the only difference I can see there is that every plane in SU is treated as double sided, whereas in Blender there is no such thing as a two sided face.

Any tricks I should put in to practice in Blender? Anyone have this working? Would love to know how! Thanks  ;D

h106frp

In the notes of track creation;
'All the objects ( walls, bridges, etc... ) must also have the faces invisible from the track'

You may have to add an extra plane for the back of the tree image to enable the shadowing

TFC

Thanks h, I've trawled through the docs.. Since the trees are the same as on track trees they have all the required faces..

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong lol :(