Author Topic: CAWS MOD Team - Beta 11 - GP500 92 Bike Set Release.  (Read 3409 times)

Alone

• View Profile
Re: CAWS MOD Team - GP500 92 Bike Set Release.
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 07:38:54 PM »
Update #2 Release : "CAWS GP500 1992 Bike-Set V1.1"  (14/10/2016).

NOTE: All CAWS Team Bike MODS will be released via Matty's Bikemod Database.

RC45

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 07:52:49 PM »
yeah, a shame the mics were not quite as good back then as today.
you'd have to reconstruct the exhaust note by getting the measuremnts of the exhaust pipes and then working out the math (helmholtz resonance).
there are many papers on this topic, it's pretty interesting IMO. here are two PDFs that include concrete examples, in case you are interested.

but the stutter at partial throttle is not really related to all that more advanced stuff.
is it possible to do something like that with the GPB sound engine? doesn't seem too complicated to me.

If you ever get this detailed, I have a set of 1983 NS500 privateer pipes that could be used as a point of reference :)

Napalm Nick

• #68 NICKED-IT RACING - STEAL THE FINISH LINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2017, 11:21:03 AM »
Todays BikeMod Release (HERE) sees a small update to the GP500 '92 Bikeset.

Since Beta 7/8 the off-track grip levels were reduced to a level considered too little (as fed back). To compensate all CAWS bikes have a slight increase in grip on non-track surfaces to avoid undue frustration when trying to re-join from an off-track position.

We hope you like the changes and all feedback is warmly received.

Server hosts are asked to update their servers with the latest BIKEMOD version.

:)
Owners Club Racing
CAWS Member

CapeDoctor

• ...taking fun seriously since 1968...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2017, 11:45:04 AM »
i can't give informed enough feedback on the handling, other than to say they feels awesome enough,
egual amounts of sheer fun and pants-filling terror at the same time, just as a true 2-stroke is meant to be  8)
my question is concerning the paints, specifically the one i'm wanting to paint, the Suzuki.are there any templates lying around somewhere?
and - the skins that i've looked at seems to have some kind of issue with the numbers. in this case, i added Schwantz's '34' to the RGV, but the new paint still shows up without the numbers? what's up with that?
thanks in advance for assist  :D

Alone

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
Thank you Cape :)

Here are the paints for the four bikes:

Yamaha: www.mediafire.com/file/g6j10mzg2clg6gm/Yamaha_Texturas.rar
Honda: www.mediafire.com/file/4koofbq7xadcr3o/Honda_Textures.rar
Cagiva: www.mediafire.com/file/458a8eghix7utdr/Cagiva_Textures.rar
Suzuki: www.mediafire.com/file/houwusd4kgey6sm/Suzuki_textures.rar

They aren't templates, just the basic paints for each one, but you can do some things with this. I'm taking a long breathe from GPB, so wont expect a template, sorry :( .

CapeDoctor

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »
much appreciated, mate :)
i'm sure i can scratch a template of some sort, given enough time. will work on these and see what i can do. ;)
enjoy your break, but don't stay gone forever!  8)

CapeDoctor

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 04:52:24 PM »
i've built up a pretty decent template for the Suzuki, needs a bit more fiddling and i  might upload it.
i have a few more questions concerning these bikes - well, specifically the RGV, but i guess it might be similar with the others -
the first person view rider head position is a bit too low, and looks weird, as if my head (eyes) are about where my neck should be.
comparing outside view with first person, i see that it is indeed a bit lower than it should be.
is there any way to raise the first person view slightly, to be more where my head would actually be WITH my neck.
is it something i could do myself, or a bit more complicated.
i prefer using first person view, but it's pretty punishing, particularly with the on-board view.
other than that, are there any other tga's available that make up the rest of the mechanical parts, forks, swingarm, etc...
i would love to add a bit more detail to some of the other parts, but have no way to access them.
i'd really appreciate any extra bits to be able to paint. thanks for reading  8)

h106frp

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »
Cant help with templates but the 2 1P cams can be adjusted with BikeED but not sure about on line issues with mismatch

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2017, 05:57:30 PM »
We'll look into providing the bike parts template Doc.  ;)

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2017, 05:24:20 AM »
thanks guys.
i'll probably get ragged for this, but i have scoured the forums, found several dozen threads discussing using BikeEd, yet i found no thread with an actual link to BikeEd itself.
guess it's staring me in the face, and i'm just not seeing it. anyone know where i can get BikeEd itself? and any documentation on i using it would also be appreciated.cheers :D
@Hawk, thanks mate, i look forward to the opportunity to spruce these babies up a little  ;D

Warlock

• View Profile

CapeDoctor

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »
big thanks, Warlock!    :D