• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:33:43 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Skydome request

Started by TFC, September 03, 2016, 07:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TFC

Hey all..

Nearly finished a big project for MXB and would like to change things up from the default look..

I could make a new skydome, as I've done before, but I found it a lot of work to get just right and the project I'm doing at the moment has already taken many weeks between two of us  :-\

Has anyone got any nice skydomes they could let me use? Full credit given of course. Ideally looking for sunny with clouds, from what I've seen on YouTube the Jerez clear skydome looks like the kind of thing I'm after.

I don't own GPB though so haven't tried any tracks.

Thanks in advance!  8)

TFC

I'm currently using the skies from A1 Ring.. Looks the same as Jerez and is exactly what I was looking for.

Please, can someone either tell me if this is a problem (and I won't use them) or who made them (so I can give appropriate credit)..

TFC

Thanks Warlock..

In the past I've made skydomes with gradients and individual cloud / sun textures with alpha channels. This works really well for being able to adjust cloud / sun position (in case you don't fancy trying to figure out how to move PiBoSo's sun direction :D)

such as:

I'm happy to do that again, but for now it would be great to just be able to use the Jerez sky. I see it used on a lot of other tracks and assume it's just one of those people go to.

Again, if anyone knows who made it I'll happily give credit or not use, and if anyone wants to use the skies I made above there, feel free.. Let me know and I will upload them :) (note the mountains are part of the skydome, not background)..