• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:07:30 PM

iRacing to add karts

Started by Phathry25, September 12, 2016, 08:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phathry25

Announcement at 1pm EDT tomorrow.

I'm like 90% sure.

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Phathry25

PiBoSo

A post from an iRacing employee?

doubledragoncc

Sorry for my french but who gives a fuck, if it aint from Piboso it sucks!!!

I hate the iRacing concept as well so screw them

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Phathry25

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 12, 2016, 09:10:48 PM

A post from an iRacing employee?

Sort of. After the post was removed el presidente wrote a post asking to not ruin the fun.

PiBoSo

Phathry25

They're probably right then. I said I was only 90% sure. I was at work while doing this investagtive reporting, so it was apparently shit. Now that I've ruined your day I hope this news brightens it.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Phathry25 on September 12, 2016, 11:04:01 PM
They're probably right then. I said I was only 90% sure. I was at work while doing this investagtive reporting, so it was apparently shit. Now that I've ruined your day I hope this news brightens it.

It does brighten the day indeed  :)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 12, 2016, 11:05:03 PM
Quote from: Phathry25 on September 12, 2016, 11:04:01 PM

It does brighten the day indeed  :)

But it does not change the underlying constellation - it can happen anytime. Damocles' sword is hanging. Please do not get me wrong, I am aware of the reasons you delay your v1 release. But you need to establish KRP asap.

My advice is to bring out KRP to Steam asap! If you do it without dynamic track features even online play should be rather stable. Release the dynamic track feature later, as soon as netcode is sorted. That way you'd have the foot in the segment and your sim would be the benchmark in the business. Do it mate!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

TFC

+1 stout.

People more often buy in to a stable beta with a good dev plan knowing the interesting stuff is coming, rather than an unstable beta with lots of cool features but bugs and bad feedback.. And all it takes to down a beta is one bad bug.

Phathry25

I disagree about the dynamic track stuff. It is what sets the game apart and is 100% necessary. But I agree that all other projects should be put on hold to get KRP out on steam ASAP.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Phathry25 on September 13, 2016, 01:10:12 PM
I disagree about the dynamic track stuff. It is what sets the game apart and is 100% necessary.

+1

Ok it can be a pain for the online stuff.. but as a simulation, running laps enjoying it.. its too good to leave out.

TFC

Stuff like this (and deformation in mxb) is all well and good for people like us, who are happy to seek out and put up with buggy betas in development stage, but maybe not for people coming across it on steam.

look at mxb. Very small number of active forum users, nobody online, huge audience out there. People are aware of it but most haven't even tried it as it's plagued with online issues and the physics are still in the works. If it was to be released on steam it would be expected to be of a higher quality.

Phathry25

The good news is that KRP is already much better and more polished. Just needs less core crashes. Stop all other development until you can sort that and get one solid game out. And it fixes the issue across all platforms presumably.

That's my uneducated opinion.