• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:11:43 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rear axle wrap

Started by Phathry25, September 21, 2016, 01:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phathry25

September 21, 2016, 01:32:37 AM Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 06:10:39 AM by Phathry25
Is this type of axle movement simulated?  The whole rear axle rotating backwards as the wheels drive forward.  I am having a whole pile of trouble getting any anti-squat or rise effect out of my rear suspension geometry, and I'm starting to think that this might be the cause.  If it is simulated I can't spot it at all while watching the blue rectangle that represents the rear axle in debug mode.  I'm sure my terminology is wrong here, as axle wrap is limited to leaf spring setups.  But it's the best illustration I can gather with my limited knowledge.  Basically I need the rear suspension to rise under acceleration instead of squad.  No matter how I configure my rear suspension according to a multitude of articles I can't even get a hint of anti-squat or rise from my suspension, only squat.

http://youtu.be/54_6GaYJvWI

Here's an example of the application we are going for with an elaborate pull bar w/ spring.  The spring isn't necessary, this video is just the best illustration I can find of my application.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gay0Xk1sJBk

PiBoSo

Thank you for the report.
It should be supported,  and hopefully this beam axle bug will be fixed in the next WRS release.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Phathry25

Are you saying it should work as described, and that I'm too dumb to figure it out, but you'll make sure it does work as desired before the next beta? 

Or are you saying I should hold off any further testing/work until it can be accurately simulated?

I mean, if I am too dumb, I'll just keep plugging along until I can make it work how I need it to. 8)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Phathry25 on September 21, 2016, 11:37:03 PM
Are you saying it should work as described, and that I'm too dumb to figure it out, but you'll make sure it does work as desired before the next beta? 

Or are you saying I should hold off any further testing/work until it can be accurately simulated?

I mean, if I am too dumb, I'll just keep plugging along until I can make it work how I need it to. 8)

There is probably a bug in the beam axle simulation, that hasn't been stress-tested enough.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Phathry25

I can tell you than even with number of links set to 0 im getting no longitudinal movement of the axle under acceleration or braking. Even when I put my shocks at weird angles it will only travel forwards/backwards with travel.

I haven't tried putting the shocks level with the ground yet. I just might to see what happens.  8)