Author Topic: Oculus Rift  (Read 2263 times)

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oculus Rift
« on: September 30, 2016, 07:49:37 PM »
To enable Oculus Rift support, download the file oculus.dll and move it in the GP Bikes installation folder.

While on track, press Left Ctrl + R to reset the camera tracking position.

The current DLL is compiled using the SDK 1.7

Oculus Rift support should work with the demo version, too.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:41:15 PM by PiBoSo »

ceola96

• View Profile
Re: Oculus Rift probe
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 05:21:55 PM »

Hello
I after copying the "oculus.dll" file I try to start the game but does not start in the rift.
I have tried in many ways but I can not get it going in the rift
could you help me with a gentilmete toutorial more specific
thank you so much

teeds

• View Profile
Re: Oculus Rift
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »
@ceola96b You running the demo or the full game?

olistreet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 03:09:34 PM »
Hi guys, ok one thing. When I open GP Bikes I put my license and stuff, and then the main menu is way over my head in a way that I have to bend my neck backwards in order to click practice, settings etc, while in game control+r and no problems but the main menu is a pain in the neck!  :)

teeds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »
Same here Oli, best to make all your config changes in 2d then launch it in VR and just get on the bike and ride. There are lots of menu issues in VR right now, but it works  :)

olistreet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 02:36:50 PM »
Ok, just checking if that was the normal behaviour, otherwise the game is a blast with the cv1, and a carbon fiber tube attached to the top of a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick, and you really feel the force!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:42:46 PM by olistreet »

Kaldar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 01:20:56 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm running the demo version of the game and can't seem to get it to launch in VR mode, I have added the Oculus.dll file to the correct folder and I have the oculus home screen (which is functioning) running in the background. Is there anything I am missing or anything I can try?

Thanks,

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 09:02:19 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm running the demo version of the game and can't seem to get it to launch in VR mode, I have added the Oculus.dll file to the correct folder and I have the oculus home screen (which is functioning) running in the background. Is there anything I am missing or anything I can try?

Thanks,

Which version of the Oculus Runtime are you using?

Kaldar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 09:24:59 AM »
Thanks for your response,

I have tried it with the most recent (1.7), 0.8 and 0.6, each with the respective Nvidia driver and I have had no luck with any of them. I reached a stage where if I load the game with the .dll in the gpbikes folder core.exe will crash. As far as I'm aware, it should be on 1.7 based on the .dll?

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 10:30:57 AM »

The file oculus.dll had been updated:
- compiled to the 1.9 SDK
- hopefully fixed the position of the virtual screen for the user interface, that should now be relative to the start pose

teeds

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 11:00:14 PM »
- hopefully fixed the position of the virtual screen for the user interface, that should now be relative to the start pose

It has and my neck thanks you.    8)

olistreet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 05:14:09 PM »
Piboso, the game with the CV1 is amazing! I gotta tell you again, I wanted to ask you one thing although.

What are the chances that you would implement the new Touch controllers as a motorbike steering wheel?

I know it's not the most accurate or realistic way to ride a bike, with some imaginary wands in your hands, but I managed to do that with the -"I'm never going back to the Razer Hydra" controllers, and although the limit of the cables was a immersion breaker, to be able to lean the whole body, was one of the most fun and immersive moments of my gpbikes life.

I would do it myself as I did with the Hydras with a third party program, but at the moment there's no way to access the Touch controllers with programs like freepie, glovepie, etc.

What do you say!?  :) :) ;) ;)

leprety

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »
Hi, thank you very much for the development oculus.

I've done all the steps by copying the .dll to the destination folder ..

But it is not so easy to activate oculus because nothing happens

Is not put the .dll just .. please .. how do you do?

Thank you very much

teeds

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 12:00:28 PM »
Yes just with the oculus.dll in the same folder as core.exe it will launch the game in VR. Make sure your "Oculus VR Runtime Service" service is running, if it isn't the game will just launch into normal mode.

leprety

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »
Ahhh well!

I went crazy looking inside the folder of the game .. and those files are in the folder where the folder of the game is installed .. ie the external folder ..

Yes now...

Thank you!