Author Topic: HTC Vive ( SteamVR )  (Read 1493 times)

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
HTC Vive ( SteamVR )
« on: October 01, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »
To enable Vive support, download the file openvr.zip and unpack it in the GP Bikes installation folder.

While on track, press Left Ctrl + R to reset the camera tracking position.

HTC Vive support should work with the demo version, too.

Known bugs:
- transparent asphalt in the user interface
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:37:53 PM by PiBoSo »

kennybarroz

• View Profile
Re: HTC Vive ( SteamVR )
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 12:24:09 PM »
All i can say is, wow!
Its really early stages, but this is what its all about! I raced last year on my 250 2stroke, and the feeling i had on that thing is almost the same thing i get with the 125 on the vive :D
Sure you lack the acceleration, the wind, the bike feedback... but the experience when you look into apex, you lean your head...wow just wow.

The things that needs to be improved

* Proportion/scalling. The experience now is almost as if you where in a fantasy world where everything is smaller. The bike feels like its a mini-moto, the track feels to small. just bump up the scaling. I believe Project Cars has this feature.
* when riding from outside of the cockpit, you cant look around, the camera is fixed which makes you reeeaaaally seasick :P

https://youtu.be/j2VH57pykwQ?t=3m22s

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 01:58:05 PM »
I agree, the experience is awesome but everything looks very small.

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 05:57:10 PM »
There is a possibility of increasing the world scale? It is very uncomfortable to ride

PiBoSo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 10:13:20 PM »

openvr.zip updated.

Changelog:
- updated to OpenVR SDK 1.03
- fixed the rotation and position of the user interface
- hopefully fixed the world scale

teeds

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 09:37:17 PM »
- hopefully fixed the world scale

Indeed you have, looks good now, thanks  8)

mcnbns

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 06:32:05 PM »
I'm trying to get head tracking working on my Vive and I feel like I'm missing something...

I downloaded the openvr.zip and copied the two .dlls to my GP Bikes installation folder (the one with core.exe in it).

The game would appear to start and then only come up to a black screen that I'd have to forcibly close via Task Manager.

I tried putting the dlls in the "gpbikes" subfolder and the game would start but I couldn't find any extra head tracking options except for the usual mouse look ones, and pressing LCtrl+R on track didn't have any extra effect.

I manually downloaded the OpenVR SDK 1.0.6 "openvr_api.dll" from the OpenVR SDK GitHub and replaced the 1.0.3 openvr_api.dll that was included in the package here, and pasted that into the game's folder (the first one, with core.exe in it). That allowed my game to start, but again no extra options or Ctrl+R magic.

I'm on Windows 10 trying this out with the demo. Is that the problem? Thanks for any tips, guys.

teeds

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 10:30:39 AM »
Not tried it on my Vive with these new files yet, if I get time i'll try in the next few days and let you know what happens.

I tried putting the dlls in the "gpbikes" subfolder and the game would start but I couldn't find any extra head tracking options except for the usual mouse look ones, and pressing LCtrl+R on track didn't have any extra effect.

So it is displaying the game in your Vive headset? There were no options to change to get tracking to work when I tested this last year.

mcnbns

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 01:32:06 PM »
Not tried it on my Vive with these new files yet, if I get time i'll try in the next few days and let you know what happens.

So it is displaying the game in your Vive headset? There were no options to change to get tracking to work when I tested this last year.
It's not displaying anything in my headset, and I couldn't find any new VR related options in Settings (didn't know there weren't supposed to be any). I thought there might have been something I needed to enable. I guess not!

teeds

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 08:55:12 PM »
Just tested and it's working fine for me in the Vive. The dlls need to go in the same folder that contains the core.exe file, then just launch the game and it shows in the HMD.

I've got the full game but the demo worked fine too.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:57:49 PM by teeds »

lordofthepies

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 09:56:14 PM »
It's not displaying anything in my headset, and I couldn't find any new VR related options in Settings (didn't know there weren't supposed to be any). I thought there might have been something I needed to enable. I guess not!

(I'm running my pc on a TV @ 1368x768) I had/have a similar problem. On first run I think the TV tried to change resolution and sat on a black screen with the game running (can hear menu noises)
I deleted the user profile file from User/Documents/Piboso/Profiles
When I next ran the game the License/Demo window opened in the lower left quarter of my screen, I clicked demo and the game loaded and everything looked good, no specific VR settings but when I went to the track the race opened in the Vive (and tv), it looks and runs very well.

If I make any changes to the Antialiasing settings and click Apply I get a black screen followed by a frozen window asking if I want to keep resolution changes.

Deleting the user profile fixes it for me.

I can imagine that if you are a competent racer on this sim, playing it in VR is going to be something very special. I'm still struggling to make it round the track but I intend to persevere.

GonzoStono

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 05:40:15 PM »
Hi I have a problem: when entering in the setting-menus in VR, with the cursor I can't reach the buttons on the bottom, so I can't go on track :(
It looks like the cursor moves to shots and the menus below are not in its reach.
I have tried to change resolutions launching the game without VR, but ton't seem to solve the problem