• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:46:38 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bike Reset bug beta 9b

Started by 3dstuff, October 05, 2016, 05:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3dstuff

October 05, 2016, 05:01:17 PM Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:05:39 PM by 3dstuff
The reset "r" key did not function without a crash, it function only if the rider/bike is on the terrain crashed, if the bike is stopped without crash the "r" key won't reset the bike.
Also i noticed that in case of crash, the reset button put the moto outside the track in place and orientation of the last position of the crash.

in the beta8 i did not noticed this bugs, the bike always reset if the motor is off, also the orientation and position after crash and reset are ok

Hope it helps

HornetMaX

To reset when you're not crashed (e.g engine stalled), press the button and hold it for 3-4 seconds.

Welcome to the club opf the ones that didn't notice this. I'm a member too :)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: 3dstuff on October 05, 2016, 05:01:17 PM
Also i noticed that in case of crash, the reset button put the moto outside the track in place and orientation of the last position of the crash.

in the beta8 i did not noticed this bugs

The placement of the bike in the spot and orientation of where the bike came to a halt after the crash is not a bug, it is intended to be like that.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

doubledragoncc

Well I am sorry but my bike being stuck inside a barrier or tyres is not realistic and in the end stupid. This will also piss many new users off.

Just because you want the sim to be real does not mean that it will work. It is still just a sim and many things need to be thought about a bit more before being used just because it is like it in real life.

I am sure Piboso will come up with the perfect solution in the end but being stuck inside an object aint one of them lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Stout Johnson

The things that 3dstuff mentioned where not related to being stuck in a barrier. Being stuck in a barrier is of course something that should be adressed (and we talked about that in a different topic already), but has nothing to do with this topic here.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 05, 2016, 09:07:04 PM
Well I am sorry but my bike being stuck inside a barrier or tyres is not realistic and in the end stupid. This will also piss many new users off.

Just because you want the sim to be real does not mean that it will work. It is still just a sim and many things need to be thought about a bit more before being used just because it is like it in real life.

I am sure Piboso will come up with the perfect solution in the end but being stuck inside an object aint one of them lol

DD

I'm sure Piboso can sort out the bug of getting stuck in the barriers... But just because the new reset has a bug doesn't mean you drop it and go back to the old reset system which was far worse in that you not only had to wait for everyone to pass by before resetting, but previous to that we had riders resetting and appearing in front of you out of no where! Everyone was complaining about that reset system and the new beta 9 reset was discussed many times on the forum and I didn't see anyone complaining about what was being asked for at the time.

Give Piboso some time to fix the new system and then all will be okay. But certainly no need to drop it just because it's got a bug.... GPB is a beta, right? This is what betas are all about, maybe some need reminding of that fact at times.  :P

Hawk.

HornetMaX

If you're stuck on the barriers (which is a bug, it shouldn't happen), use the old-style respawn (press and hold until you respawn).

3dstuff

October 06, 2016, 06:15:55 AM #7 Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:26:40 AM by 3dstuff
Thanks all for the responses, and sorry if i post a non-bug  :) and sorry for my English, i am new in GPB, i noticed this change but for me it's ok like this, also if programmed as "normal track situation", very happy that GPB have this responsive commnunity, thanks Piboso, i drive with a microsoft sidewinder Freestyle Pro old gyro joypad and i have to tell that is fantastic to ride with this old device, because you rotate the whole joypad in the air for turn and accellerate etc..the axis are x-1/x+1 and y-1/y+1, i mapped accelleration rotating it backward like real bikes and brake rotating it forward, after this i remain really slow on track :'(...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_SideWinder#Freestyle_Pro

One question off topic: there are offline races? or only online?,  i don't see any server in my "world" server list..

Stout Johnson

Quote from: 3dstuff on October 06, 2016, 06:15:55 AM
i mapped accelleration rotating it backward like real bikes and brake rotating it forward, after this i remain really slow on track :'(...
If you have it on one input and have to go in your case from backward (throttle) to forward (brake) there will always be some delay, which is not good. Maybe you can find a different way to map your inputs. Concerning being slow on track - if you are new to GPB and even more if you are new to motorcycle riding in general, there is a steep learning curve. So don't be frustrated if you are slow in the beginning - you will get better ;) it helps if you ride a motorcycle in real life, because then you know what is important.

One question off topic: there are offline races? or only online?,  i don't see any server in my "world" server list..
I think you have to register your profile somewhere in order to be eligible to race online. After registering, it should work I think. It has been ages since I had to do that, so I cannot really remember. Try to find the answer with the search function in this forum, or maybe someone else with a better memory can help?

3dstuff

Thank you Stout, yes i am not a Biker and i drive a real bike(Suzuki 650cc) one time only in my life(dangerous for me), for the controller i will try different mappings, anyway make 1.42.1 on Misano GP after hours of try, rally hard to drive polished.. :)
Quote from: Stout Johnson on October 06, 2016, 06:48:50 AM
i mapped accelleration rotating it backward like real bikes and brake rotating it forward, after this i remain really slow on track :'(...
If you have it on one input and have to go in your case from backward (throttle) to forward (brake) there will always be some delay, which is not good. Maybe you can find a different way to map your inputs. Concerning being slow on track - if you are new to GPB and even more if you are new to motorcycle riding in general, there is a steep learning curve. So don't be frustrated if you are slow in the beginning - you will get better ;) it helps if you ride a motorcycle in real life, because then you know what is important.

I think you have to register your profile somewhere in order to be eligible to race online. After registering, it should work I think. It has been ages since I had to do that, so I cannot really remember. Try to find the answer with the search function in this forum, or maybe someone else with a better memory can help?