• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:42:57 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfr

Quote from: Oriol on August 25, 2018, 05:05:40 PM
Hola, ¿existe  el circuito de la Isle of Man para el GP bikes? ;)

Hello, is there an Isle of Man circuit for GP bikes? ;)

Yes, there's one in here :

https://mega.nz/#F!EkUj0LxB!QTr7lzLpllCca2PW0-gUog!RttkUIzC
;)
Missing Gp500 (Microprose)  Testing EDTracker Pro on YT   R7-3800X/32Go/RX6800/1440p/Full WC

Myst1cPrun3

November 19, 2018, 11:34:21 AM #511 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:45:42 AM by Myst1cPrun3
Quote from: Hawk on February 18, 2018, 07:40:08 PM
Quote from: nev_vern on February 18, 2018, 04:50:52 PM
Well, with the TT Isle Of Man: Ride on the Edge game almost upon us, anybody out there going to try and rip the track and insert it into GPBikes?

That would be an interesting test for GPB, but I doubt GPBikes could handle that amount of track data until Pib rebuilds GPB as a true 64 bit addressing app instead of the current 32 bit?

Quote from: Donnie on November 29, 2017, 05:50:01 PM
The place has been scanned multiple times. The Gran Tourismo guys done it a couple years ago I remember the news bulletin about it.

Jester scanned it for the ps2 game also.

Would it not be possible to decrypt/decode the Jester PS2 version of the track, or the Polyphony Version, and port that over, as a sort of compromise to accommodate the way GPB is built ATM?

https://youtu.be/wzszCuoMUFU
Was wondering if something like this not work to get the files out of an ISO?
Will investigate in a little more detail later.

Myst1cPrun3

November 19, 2018, 12:25:42 PM #512 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:27:46 PM by Myst1cPrun3
If this works as Intended it could open up the rest of the tracks as well, such as the nw200, southern 100, Ulster abadare etc, as well as tracks from other games, but i don't want to get ahead of meself just yet, as Idk if it's even possible, and the quality may not be there depending on the ports.

LesNeilson

I've got access to 50cm Lidar data for the Isle of Man, and I'm planning a remake of my Assetto Corsa track based on it. If that or an fbx model of the track surface would be of interest, let me know. The data's not in the public domain, but I'll try to help you out if at all possible

Krupa

Quote from: LesNeilson on August 10, 2020, 08:13:12 PMI've got access to 50cm Lidar data for the Isle of Man, and I'm planning a remake of my Assetto Corsa track based on it. If that or an fbx model of the track surface would be of interest, let me know. The data's not in the public domain, but I'll try to help you out if at all possible

Did anyone take Les up on this offer? I've been playing that TT game a bit again recently but so wish it was with this engine...

Chris_Beeves

I think there is currently no modder active that would take such a big task on. Especially regarding the issues gpb has with big and long tracks.. A shame really, combine the gpb physics with the TT2 graphics.. Mmmmm...
I had to try..

Myst1cPrun3

As far as I'm aware, a full 37.75 mi version was in 3ds max, and being ported over, but TrackED couldn't handle something of that scale. took a few days and then crashed apparently. (I wasn't the modder attempting it but that's what I was told.)

A more basic version, with no walls/scenery (Just the track) was able to be put in game, but it crashed GP Bikes instantly. (this I know as I tried the track, SPEC: RTX2080, i9 9820, 32GB RAM).

I am led to believe, that in its current form, a track of this length is simply not possible, with both the title and track tools provided.

I would like to be proven wrong but its a no-go at the moment.

h106frp

I think the only chance at the moment would be a conversion of J Pearson IOM (new full version). He granted permission for RF2 so it might be possible with the correct approach.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: h106frp on February 20, 2021, 03:25:34 PMI think the only chance at the moment would be a conversion of J Pearson IOM (new full version). He granted permission for RF2 so it might be possible with the correct approach.

I believe that was the one that was tried. Matty tried it and didn't get further than TrackED, but your mileage may vary

Chris_Beeves

TrackED has had a few updates since. Maybe it's time to try again :)
I had to try..

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Chris_Beeves on February 21, 2021, 05:56:01 AMTrackED has had a few updates since. Maybe it's time to try again :)

The version used was 1.36, so its only 2 versions behind, and the last updates to TrackED don't seem to have addressed the issue that appeared. Then there was the fact GPB crashed upon loading just the Tarmac Ribbon so Id say once you get past that hurdle there are gonna be bigger issues.

However I didn't do the conv in 3ds, so I don't really know. I won't be doing it either lol, you'll have to hit Matty up for that.

Krupa

Ahh good to know, I'll not hold my breath then, I'd be up for trying if it looked possible as I'm pretty handy with the 3D packages in general...