• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:07:13 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Isle Of Man

Started by Reactive, December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reactive

December 26, 2013, 11:35:21 AM Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 11:37:05 AM by Reactive
Hello boys and guys  ;D

I started this topic for asking about is anyone else building the IOM track, cause i have a doubts — what if i`m doing the twice work  :-[
I have not finished track (i forgot who send it to me, sorry dude) which was work in Beta3, but not even starting in Bets4. Anyway, after all hours in seeking and converting many kinds of GPS data, i`m not sure about those track was close to original (because all the gps tracks needs thoroughly manual editing. And i didnt see no one program where you can add the track point, interpolating the altitude; able only moving existing points)
So, i started my own way:
1) grabbed huge height, street and satellite maps (13280px X 16288px)
2) build the model in 3dMax (simply Displace using Height map)
3) merge gps tracks (GPX - CSV - BobsTrackBuilder - Softimage - Max)
4) compare it all and decided to built a brand new smooth track, using exported tracks as sample in altitudes.
5) And there is a problem: my huge map is not so huge in close view, because only the half of all the picture is useful  ???

So, now i`ll grab the same size map, but only along the course and will start again.

Can i continue or someone already did this yet? (I`m really in doubts!)

Aaannd some WIP pictures:

Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

BozoCRO

Wow...If you manage to pull this off it will be amazing!!!  ;D

I dont think anyone said they are making this track

Ian

December 26, 2013, 07:08:19 PM #2 Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:28:17 AM by Ian
Wow that is very impressive,you are a brave man to take this on.

LauZzZn

looks quite nice man. i cant give an exact oppinion to the 3d as i cant see everything i need to see to guess how good it is. but what you wrote is very impressive. if you need some help with the 3d modeling of objects, houses or what ever just pm me. i also got a big library of different textures

Masna

!!!THIS is a TRACK !!!!!  great !!!  thanks man!!!  :)

ALEale

Alone

GOD!!!!! Thanks only for trying  ;D you are brave!

pgreenwo

Every Biker with a PC just put you down on a legend list. Fantastic great idea!!

SwarleyRuiz

Great job, thanks Reactive
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

PeterV

very nice Reactive, a massive task ahead  ::)

C21

If you get this done properly i promise that you will be the Hero of the Gp-Bikes Community!
That's a really tough challenge mate :)
IOM is the Most wanted Track for every motorcycle SIM on Earth...
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

I would say your main problem won't be in the actual creation of the I.O.M. circuit, it will be playing it at reasonable FPS(Frames per second) as I believe GP Bikes will try and process all the I.O.M. track model data at once and doesn't have the ability to only process small sections of very large tracks. I could be wrong, but something to keep in mind and try and test before you devote your heart and soul to a project that may not work out as you dreamed.

However, having said that, I admire what you would like to do and the work you have done so far looks GREAT! ;D 8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 29, 2013, 09:40:58 AM
I believe GP Bikes will try and process all the I.O.M. track model data at once and doesn't have the ability to only process small sections of very large tracks.
I think there's a parameter called "drawdistance" in the "[gfx]" section of your profile.ini, so that at least it doesn't try to draw everything, that's clear.

MaX.

rc211v

If this ends up working, I will pay for this track mod.

Hawk

December 29, 2013, 02:53:48 PM #14 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:00:19 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 29, 2013, 01:08:10 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 29, 2013, 09:40:58 AM
I believe GP Bikes will try and process all the I.O.M. track model data at once and doesn't have the ability to only process small sections of very large tracks.
I think there's a parameter called "drawdistance" in the "[gfx]" section of your profile.ini, so that at least it doesn't try to draw everything, that's clear.

MaX.

I believe your correct, Max. But as far as I know, the major processing(number crunching) will be done on all model data before it begins to sort out what needs to be drawn according to what's in view(Draw Distance)?
I could be wrong, but I believe this is how standard type graphics engines work before they are altered for specialized processes to suit the need required.

I think there is a massive difference from processing data for a 2 - 3 mile track, to processing data for a track of 37.739 miles together with all the houses, walls, lamp posts, etc, etc that will be needed to make it look good.

Good luck, Reactive.... I really hope you can make this work, as an I.O.M. track would be BRILLIANT to ride around! ;D ;D