• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Controller Calibration settings not saving.....

Started by Hawk, October 10, 2016, 10:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

My controller calibration settings are still not saving in GPB beta 9c. I have to recalibrate each time I run GPB. This was also a problem with beta's 8/9a and b.

Hawk.

Blackheart

+1

Its not a big problem but is it very boring.  :-\

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on October 10, 2016, 10:58:34 PM
My controller calibration settings are still not saving in GPB beta 9c. I have to recalibrate each time I run GPB. This was also a problem with beta's 8/9a and b.
Hmmm, weird.

In your profile folder (where you have your profile.ini) there's a file for controls (if I recall correctly it's controls.txt).
Open control.txt with Notepad++, then run GPB and calibrate your controllers. When you switch (alt-tab) to Notepad++ it should tell you that the file has changed: this means that GPB has saved your settings.
If it doesn't say so, go back to GPB and close it and check again if the file is changed.

Where is your profile folder (exact path) ? What do you use as controller ?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 11, 2016, 06:30:45 AM
Hmmm, weird.

In your profile folder (where you have your profile.ini) there's a file for controls (if I recall correctly it's controls.txt).
Open control.txt with Notepad++, then run GPB and calibrate your controllers. When you switch (alt-tab) to Notepad++ it should tell you that the file has changed: this means that GPB has saved your settings.
If it doesn't say so, go back to GPB and close it and check again if the file is changed.

I'm busy at work at the moment so I'll check that and report back here this evening Max. Thank you mate!  ;) 8)

Controller: Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick + Thrustmaster F430 Pedals

Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 11, 2016, 06:30:45 AM
Hmmm, weird.

Hi Max.... Sorry this reply is later than I expected mate.  ;)

Yes notepad++ is saying that the control.txt file has been changed and do I want to reload the file. Strange it actually changing the settings in the control file and not actually saving or reloading those settings for the next time I start GPB?  :-\

Exact profile folder path: C:\Users\Falcon\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes\profiles\Hawk

Controller: Microsoft Sidwinder Joystick + Thrustmaster F430 foot pedals.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Are the two devices calibrated in Windows ?
Is it only the calibration that is lost or also the input functions associations (e.g. throttle n that axis, shift up on that button etc) ?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 11, 2016, 11:01:06 PM
Are the two devices calibrated in Windows ?
Is it only the calibration that is lost or also the input functions associations (e.g. throttle n that axis, shift up on that button etc) ?

Yes the controllers are calibrated in Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

It's only the calibration that is lost. All the actual input function associations still work but just not calibrated(ie: the clutch will be slipping, etc, etc if I don't recalibrate the control functions in GPB each time I restart GPB).

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Hmm weird ... as if the devices were identified differently.

Does the loss of calibration happen only when you turn off your PC or just exiting GPB and starting it again too ?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 12, 2016, 11:06:23 AM
Hmm weird ... as if the devices were identified differently.

Does the loss of calibration happen only when you turn off your PC or just exiting GPB and starting it again too ?

It happens even when I just quit GPB and restart it. Also happens sometimes when a new server session starts: Like when we were testing and someone did a false start(dsq) and Peter had to restart the test race session again so he could have another go; then when we restarted the race I found that my control calibration was all screwed up so we had to re-start the session again so I could make sure I recalibrated before the re-start. It's a right pain, and it's been happening for the last two beta's too even though I reported it as a bug a long time ago now.  ::)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 12, 2016, 11:40:14 AM
Ach, that's bad. Nothing more I can do to help :(

No worries Max..... At least this discussion we've had here has revealed more information and detail about the bug for Piboso to mull-over.  ;)

Thanks Max!  ;) 8)

Hawk.