Author Topic: BikeMOD Discussion Thread  (Read 10374 times)

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
BikeMOD Discussion Thread
« on: October 15, 2016, 08:49:29 AM »
For any comments or questions about the BikeMOD.

Knock yourselves out :P

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
Re: BikeMOD Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 09:21:51 AM »
Brilliant work and BIG thankyou matty

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Hawk

• MOD Team: CAWS / GP-Team: Horizon GP #7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 11:37:29 AM »
I downloaded 1.3 yesterday evening, packed it up and put it for upload today.

Either i downloaded the wrong file last night or something went wrong. This is why we release the bikes through the MOD and not on the forum for me to download.

It is not possible release in other ways, we need feedbacks for quickly fixes, anyway 600 and 900 are 1.3B not 1.3.

C'mon guys, really? Are you serious.  Lol!  ;D
Let's be real about this...... There is absolutely no need for a "MOD Team" to release bikeMOD updates on a daily basis just for feedback. You have plenty of capable enough riders within your team to know what works and what doesn't, and then release your bikes for community fine tuning as soon as most major bugs are fixed. A two week interval is not long to have to wait for updated bikes for the community.

Indeed your kind co-operation with the BikeMOD Database would go a long way to help in keeping things organised and running smoothly for everyone..... If the CAWS Team can co-operate with the BikeMOD Database then surely so can the BES Team? It really shouldn't be an issue for you guys there in Team BES.  :)

Just for a moment, imagine if the CAWS Team also started to post loads of bikeMOD update links too, and also imagine if there were several other MOD Teams doing the same thing; we'd soon see how DD and everyone copes with all that chaos. DD is only coping with it right now because he's only updating daily from the BES Team..... Think about it guys. We have loads of bikes still to be released yet so things could easily get out of hand for DD and all the other online server hosts to keep up with daily updates. I really hope you do seriously think about this and look at the bigger picture about what's best for everyone.  ;)

The BikeMOD Database is, as experience from the past here has shown, the best way to deal with bikeMOD updates, especially when there are a lot of bikeMOD updates coming through from the MOD Teams. :)

Just as a side note: I presume the BES Team is sending Matty all your bikeMOD updates? That would be a big help for Matty in stopping any update mistakes in the database, yes?  :)

Just some typical "Hawk" advise guys.... No disrespect intended in what I've said...... Just take it or leave it.  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Why you gotto fuckin put me down m8.

Also why dont you read the posts a bit more. I stated that I will use the bikeMOD database for most servers for most classes BUT I will keep the ROAD server updated daily as that is the one where guys like Blacky use our input to fix problems and get feedback.

YOU dont own GPBikes or the forums so who made you the one to say whats right and wrong?

Have you ever considered the fact that too many rules and regulation take all the fun out of things. I will NOT be fucking told when I can update my servers fucking POINT!!!

If I want to help a modder and have a server that he can use I will fucking do it and dont expect someone to bitch about it and slag my efforts off.

I run 8 servers so that the classes are covered on the database and still have one or two for those wanting to test their work so what the fuck is your problem with that???

At least I bothered to step up and do something instead of sitting back, let everyone else do the work and then bitch about shit!!!

DD

Hey DD...... Uncalled for considering I wasn't replying to your good self mate.....  ::)
I mean who did I quote originally above? So who do you think I was talking to? Blacky and Team BES not you. I've already said my piece to you a few days ago, and understood your reply, so why would I go at it again with you? As far as I was concerned that was all sorted mate. ::)
This was all about trying to convince the BES Team to kindly co-operate with the BikeMOD database too.... Nothing to do directly with you DD. You certainly got the wrong end of the stick on this one mate. Lol!  ;D

Which brings me back to the BikeMOD database and the reason it was originally conceived to organise all bikeMODS and bikeMOD updates into one place were all server admins and riders could go to update their servers and PC's so there wouldn't be any problems with connecting to online servers. The 2 week period to update the BikeMOD database was put in place because at the time it was a lot busier than it currently is and was the only way to keep things running smoothly for everyone.

As far as you saying I think I have the right to say how things are organised with these issues within the GPB community: Well years ago when everything was in a chaotic mess with riders and server admins not being able to find all the latest bikeMODS and Tracks to keep themselves up to date, and everyone was having trouble connecting to online servers because all the servers had different versions of tracks and bikeMODS on their systems, "I" was the only one who came forward and organised both Track and BikeMOD databases so that everyone could find the latest tracks and bikeMODS all in one place to make it easy for everyone to find the latest versions used. Also I organised keeping in touch with all the main server admins and sending them directly any updates to make it easier for them to keep their servers updated. So if it wasn't for the work and effort I contributed through those years(and still am doing with the Track Downloads Database ) then we'd probably still be in a chaotic mess; also being one of the few members of this community that has stuck around constantly since I first registered back on the old Piboso(GPB) Forum many years ago now...... So yeah, I think that gives me the right to at least state my point and give my experienced advice in how these issues are organised, don't you?  If you think that is me sitting back and doing nothing and only contributing by bitching about these issues..... Well I think you know better than to make a statement like that DD.  ::)
But it does seem the original intention, convenience and great importance of the databases and their admins as well as the work that goes into them have become unappreciated and overlooked over the years, eh?  >:(

No doubt DD you'll probably only read what you want to read and go off at me again over this statement.... What can I say except to emphasis that you read what I say carefully instead of skipping through picking bits out of context and getting the wrong impressions  ;) 8)

Hawk.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:40:39 AM by Hawk »

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 12:04:27 PM »
Well Hawky its all good m8.

We all have our own opinions and have said how feel.

I will just make sure the major classes are from the bikeMOD ONLY to keep it simple and just use one server for testing for modders who want it.

Matty you do a great job................. and I REALLY appreciate it thank you

Hawky I still love you man  ;D

Have a great day now y'all

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

Manu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 12:06:51 PM »
I understand your concern and I agree that we need a solution to keep order bikes and tracks to avoid "chaos".

I respect all opinions, but sometimes what may seem right is not the most successful. In my view there are a couple of issues that do not convince me finish.

1. Having a system like bikemod involves the obligation to download each and every one of the tracks and bikes without the possibility to choose which you want and which not.

2. Can not immediately update any track or bike having to wait two weeks so that people can enjoy them.

That said, I would like to contribute ideas to maintain control and we are all conforming.

It would be easier to have the database in the forum without relying on an external program?

I am sure that the vast majority of people would be more comfortable. Just take a look at the section to see what's new.

It's just my opinion and does not have to be correct.

Sorry for my Google translator english.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 12:18:17 PM by Manu »

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 12:49:23 PM »
1. Having a system like bikemod involves the obligation to download each and every one of the tracks and bikes without the possibility to choose which you want and which not.

Not necessarily true, you can download any of the bikes wanted, this is why there is individual files for each bike available. You might then run into issues when trying to join online servers but so long as all bikes used are downloaded then there shouldn't be an issue.

2. Can not immediately update any track or bike having to wait two weeks so that people can enjoy them.

I refer to my earlier comment,
"The whole point of it being released every 1st and 14th is so that it isn't confusing and people don't have to keep downloading every week."
and the fact that it is easier for Server hosts to confirm everyone has got exactly the same bike. Everyone uses the BikeMOD so there shouldn't be a Data Missmatch issue.

That said, I would like to contribute ideas to maintain control and we are all conforming.

It would be easier to have the database in the forum without relying on an external program?

I am sure that the vast majority of people would be more comfortable. Just take a look at the section to see what's new.

If there was a viable way to easily do this on the forum where one file could be downloaded (another advantage of the BikeMOD file, new players can download it and off they go), then I would use it but there isn't and probably wont be. There used to be a lot of confusion when it cam to this.

MEGA works well for how we use it. Just having a thread where people can see when things have been updates then they might as well be looking at each different thread. I'm not trying to control what bike get released when. Just trying to make it easy for the end user when it comes to updating. Which is why I am a fan of the FTP server, It automatically updates there is one (1st and 14th currently) if everyone used the FTP then I would happily update it whenever there is an update to a bike. Something like Steam workshop would be nice but we don't currently have that level of organization

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 01:01:08 PM »
I understand your concern and I agree that we need a solution to keep order bikes and tracks to avoid "chaos".

I respect all opinions, but sometimes what may seem right is not the most successful. In my view there are a couple of issues that do not convince me finish.

It's just my opinion and does not have to be correct.

Sorry for my Google translator english.

Thank you Manu..... I appreciate your willingness to be open about changes to the way the BikeMOD and Track version update system is organised. Just to say that I have always been willing to listen and be open to anyones suggestions to improve the system through the years too, so I think we are on the right track here.  ;) 8)
But just to make things clear.... I can only change the way the Track Downloads Database is organised and run, Matty is in total charge of the BikeMOD Database.  But I'm sure between us all we can try to accommodate each others ideas and suggestions were appropriate. ;)

In answer to your quiries above:

• Only with the bikeMODs do we all have to currently make sure that we have all the latest updates to be able to connect successfully to the online servers without data mismatches; only the track from the Track Download Database that you want installed need to be on a clients system, or a track that is currently being used on the server that you wish to connect with. There is actually no need to have all tracks installed on a clients system at once, but only the one you need to connect to a specific track the server is using.
    Currently only Piboso can change the way that works, we as users can only do the best in organising updates around what Piboso allows us all to do; we just have to make the best of a bad situation until Piboso provides us with a better alternative solution than to have to have all bikeMODS installed on our PC that the server has installed to connect to the servers. That is unless someone else can come up with a more appropriate way of doing things.
    But always open to others suggestions.

• Tracks are updated straight away in the Track Downloads Database as soon as updates are provided by track authors - we found that there was no need for a 2 week gap for Track Database updates because track updates tend to take far greater time to create between new version releases and don't arrive on a daily or very regular basis.

In answer to your ideas for improvements:
  • I'm open to your suggestion as exactly what alternative capability we have to have a dedicated Piboso forum based database as an alternative to an outside link to online databases like MEGA? But bear in mind that Piboso would not be allowed to supply a dedicated Piboso forum based database link to a database full of ripped and converted bike and track mod material that isn't officially product licensed; hence we do what we do now as the best alternative.
    But linking to an outside database source is only a click of a link, basically the same as clicking a link to a dedicated forum database, yes? So what would be the further benefits of a dedicated forum based database in it's place?

Hawk.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:04:14 PM by Hawk »

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 01:31:32 PM »
Well Hawky its all good m8.

We all have our own opinions and have said how feel.

I will just make sure the major classes are from the bikeMOD ONLY to keep it simple and just use one server for testing for modders who want it.

Matty you do a great job................. and I REALLY appreciate it thank you

Hawky I still love you man  ;D

Have a great day now y'all

DD

DD, I totally agree with that mate!  ;) 8)
You do a great job in always helping others, including myself when I've needed your support and help, and that I really do appreciate mate!  ;D 8)
I know I can be somewhat blunt at times when I feel the need to get more serious issues across to people, but in no way do I ever mean any disrespect by what I say to you or anyone else.... I just feel at times that straight talking is the only and best way to get things sorted out instead of beating around the bush. That may at times come across on the forum as a little harsh, but as I said I no way mean my comments to be disrespectful at all.  ;)

But for sure we have our differences of opinions at times(that's normal), but certainly nothing that's worth falling out about mate. Lol!  ;) 8)

So yeah, no worries mate.... Still love you too DD!..... We're like a couple of old "Muckers", eh! Hehe!  ;D ;D

Hawk.

Blackheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 02:44:12 PM »
OMG Hawk u have too much free time...

This thread is useless.

Warlock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 02:48:01 PM »
This thread is useless.

Thank you for your collaboration

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 03:24:34 PM »
This thread is useless.

This was meant to be for discussion... :P

It appears to have been hijacked ;D

Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 04:04:19 PM »
OMG Hawk u have too much free time...

This thread is useless.

???

Then I guess co-operation to help with the smooth organisation of any bikeMOD updates for the community is something you don't intend to help us all with?
I mean really, as a bike modder, can't you say anything more constructive about this topic? It should concern you.

But didn't you say the same about MOD Team forum threads too; I seem to remember you saying that they were useless and the worst thing to happen on this forum? Lol.  :P

At least your consistent Blacky.  ::)  :P

Hawk.
PS: Too much free time? If you only knew mate, seriously. Lol  ;D

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 04:24:33 PM »
Okay lets leave this now...

Thank you.

BOBR6 84

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 05:09:03 PM »
BikeMOD is good how it is, nothing wrong with posting bikes with DL links on the forum either though lol in fact i like it when a bike is released with lots of info/history and pictures etc followed by a nice download link hahaha  ;D

An easy way to avoid changing anything is online server info on the forum.. with all the info and download links you need to be able to join that specific server.

JamoZ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2016, 05:38:47 PM »
I`m having a major Deja-vu here  ;D