Author Topic: BikeMOD Discussion Thread  (Read 9540 times)

GP500

• View Profile
Re: BikeMOD Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2016, 09:24:17 PM »
Quick question:

Are helmet schemes and rider suits for the bikes available anywhere? The mod has worked flawlessly for me so far, I could take every bike I wanted on track.

janaucarre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 09:28:00 PM »
Hi,
 I have a problem bike mismatch cagiva 92 on motonline server but that's not my real problem.
In the bike data base i saw 2 cagiva:
Cagiva C592 '92.rar
GP500_Cagiva_C592.rar

When i do " Extract here" the both become with the same folder name "GP500_Cagiva_C592"
What is wrong.
Thank you all

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2016, 09:28:29 PM »
Quick question:

Are helmet schemes and rider suits for the bikes available anywhere? The mod has worked flawlessly for me so far, I could take every bike I wanted on track.

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2625.0

The Paint Database :P

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2799.0

The Helmet Database :D

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2016, 09:31:42 PM »
Hi,
 I have a problem bike mismatch cagiva 92 on motonline server but that's not my real problem.
In the bike data base i saw 2 cagiva:
Cagiva C592 '92.rar
GP500_Cagiva_C592.rar

When i do " Extract here" the both become with the same folder name "GP500_Cagiva_C592"
What is wrong.
Thank you all

You should have a folder named GP500_Cagiva_C592

No rar file.

You might have issues with the other 500cc bikes. Let me check something and I'll get back to you.

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2016, 09:47:51 PM »
There was an issue with the GP500 bikes i uploaded to the Motonline servers. My mistake, i uploaded the wrong version.

Fixed now, and updated the BikeMOD pack.

janaucarre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 10:04:49 PM »
Thank you very much

janaucarre

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 10:15:59 PM »
I will redownload all the bike from the bikemod database because there is always the same problem.

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 06:52:50 AM »
@Matty: maybe there's a better way to handle all this BikeMod / FTP stuff, causing less troubles (for users and for you, as maintainer).
What about packing each bike into a .zip archive (not .7z), renamed to .pkz ? (I think Yohji does this for his bikes)

Advantages:
  • Same files present on Mega and FTP repositories (i.e. less work for you).
  • One file per bike, instead of a bunch of files per bike (this is already the case on Mega, but not on the FTP)
  • Faster sync with FTP (much less files).
  • Original files dates preserved on FTP files (today it's not the case).
  • FTP sync can be tweaked to only look at the .pkz files (i.e. avoid other folders, including additional paint folders).

Disadvantages:
  • I see only one: when the end-user wants to add paints to a mod bike in a .pkz file (e.g. my_bike.pkz), he will have to manually create the bike folder and paint folder (e.g. my_bike/paints).
  • OK, OK, two: FTP sync users will have to redownload everything :)

Basically, if you do this in your own "master" GPB bikes folder, then you only have to "copy/sync all the pkz files in your bikes folder" to Mega and to the FTP server.
To do this you could use SyncBack (to sync your master folder to the FTP) and MegaSync (to sync it to Mega, but I never used MegaSync): that should make your job a tad easier.

Same for the end-users: using SyncBack or MegaSync, they will sync their bikes folder to the Mega/FTP repository, without any additional manipulation (archive extraction or anything).

Just an idea.

doubledragoncc

• If it dont fit HIT it!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 09:24:03 AM »
If each bike is a compressed file it means you have to un-compress EVERY bike to add the paint every time!!! This is a bloody tedious task.

BUT I am not sure if I have this right, can I have a compressed pkz of a bike on my servers and it will work? Sorry but I was unaware of this................dont forget I am an old fart

I take it I need to re download the set again because of the 500's matty?

Thanks bro, you have had a hard weekend m8

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls

Teamspeak: Server IP: 82.43.148.211  user password "yougetin"

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2016, 09:46:19 AM »
If each bike is a compressed file it means you have to un-compress EVERY bike to add the paint every time!!! This is a bloody tedious task.

BUT I am not sure if I have this right, can I have a compressed pkz of a bike on my servers and it will work? Sorry but I was unaware of this................dont forget I am an old fart
If it's a .pkz, you just put the .pkz in your bikes folder, no need to unzip. Look at Yohji's bikes for example (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2889.0).

[EDIT: that bike comes in a .zip archive, but it contains only a .pkz file (which is itself a .zip archive). Of course, zipping a .pkz is not really useful, he should just upload the .pkz]

If you want to add a paint, you don't need to unzip/rezip the .pkz: just create a bike folder with the same name as the .pkz file and a paints folder inside it. Example:
  • GP Bikes/bikes/my_bike.pzk        (taken from Mega or FTP or from wherever)
  • GP Bikes/bikes/my_bike/paints    (created by you manually to put your extra paints here)
If you download an updated my_bike.pkz, you just replace the old one with the new one, keeping your My_bike/paints folder (unless the paints have changed due to new 3d model, new templates etc, of course).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:51:58 AM by HornetMaX »

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2016, 09:56:59 AM »
Thanks Max

I just needed it said clearly so I can do as the original bikes which are pkz and just have bike folders with only paints in it. That makes it far better.

Ta bud

DD

i5 7600 5.0GHz z270 ASUS Maximus Code Mobo 16GB 3866MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix GTX1050Ti OC 4GB DDR5 Kraken X62 AIO Cooler

HornetMaX

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 09:43:14 PM »
Just updated to the FTP mirror, bike mismatch on both Motonline-fr 1 server (open) and on the CAWS BikeMod 225 STK server, GP500 server and Moto3 server.
On Motonline-fr 1 the error is on the BMW S1000RR, while on the CAWS STK server I just get a "Bike Mismatch" with o further info (lol at that, thanks GPB).

Works fine on the GPBOC 7 server (STK 1000).

[I can delete this message from this thread once the problem is solved]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:45:32 PM by matty0l215 »

lkslodzkzn

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2016, 09:53:59 PM »
Hi in bike mods folder all bikes are double of some bikes from gp 500 like Yamaha Yzr 92 is RAR and ZIP its the same version yes? I was download yesterday a STK Yamaha R1 and Suzuki this are the same versions today yes?

doubledragoncc

• View Profile
    • GPBOC Live Streams
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 09:54:29 PM »
I just updated the STK and 500 servers tonight with the last links matty posted

All servers are from the bikeMOD

DD

matty0l215

• CAWS Racing #61
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2016, 10:05:24 PM »
Just updated to the FTP mirror, bike mismatch on both Motonline-fr 1 server (open) and on the CAWS BikeMod 225 STK server, GP500 server and Moto3 server.
On Motonline-fr 1 the error is on the BMW S1000RR, while on the CAWS STK server I just get a "Bike Mismatch" with o further info (lol at that, thanks GPB).

Works fine on the GPBOC 7 server (STK 1000).

[I can delete this message from this thread once the problem is solved]

The motonline forum uses the FTP for it's updates so you should have exactly the same bikes as it does...

The CAWS servers might not have been updated yet. Im not sure.

If you are getting mismatch on the BMW then it might be all the STK bikes ( the BMW just loads first)

This is becoming a joke now... sorry guys