• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:44:14 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Happy ending

Started by HornetMaX, October 19, 2016, 07:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledragoncc

So I take it all work is for MXB and everything else is on hold?

It would be nice to know thanks Piboso

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Boerenlater

Quote from: doubledragoncc on October 20, 2016, 10:01:59 AM

DD
It would be more than logical to assume the fixed netcode works on every Piboso sim since they share so many things.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

doubledragoncc

Yes but that is not a given FACT B. Look at the size of MXB to GPB, there is a massive difference in file size so WHAT is GPB missing and does it mean it will have to have GPB netcode done separately?

Only Piboso can answer it and it is a simple yes or no really.

I think it is only fair we know exactly where we stand in this situation. Not much to ask.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

teeds

The file size difference is probably due to this DD -

GPB - 1 Track, 3 Bikes
MXB - 6 Tracks, 5 Bikes

Not sure but I thought all Piboso's produce shared lots of things, base net code included.

gdubmx

DD

+1

janaucarre

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, youplaboum, tralalilala, wow
Thank you piboso

PiBoSo

October 20, 2016, 01:35:55 PM #21 Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:38:44 PM by PiBoSo

DD

Work is on netcode and everything else is on hold ( physics, new features, ... ).
It hasn't been decided yet, but GPB will probably be the platform used for public tests because, of the two projects with "stable" physics ( GPB and KRP ), it is the one that should be easier to organize tests with, and also the one that gives generates more online problems.
The other simulators, mostly MXB, will instead be used for internal testing to fix the "lag" ( or, to be precise, lack of smoothness ) issue.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

doubledragoncc

Thank you so much for the answer. I am sure it will please everyone and put many questions to rest.

I am glad you have taken this road and sure it will be the right one.

Thank you for hanging on and making such a good and professional choice.

DD

Hawk

Thanks for the info Piboso, appreciated.  ;) 8)

Hawk.
PS: +1 DD. Well said mate.  ;) 8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 20, 2016, 01:35:55 PM
Work is on netcode and everything else is on hold ( physics, new features, ... ).
It hasn't been decided yet, but GPB will probably be the platform used for public tests because, of the two projects with "stable" physics ( GPB and KRP ), it is the one that should be easier to organize tests with, and also the one that gives generates more online problems.
The other simulators, mostly MXB, will instead be used for internal testing to fix the "lag" ( or, to be precise, lack of smoothness ) issue.
Excellent ! I'm convinced we have two issues at hand: one is game stability (crashes), the other is multiplayer netcode (lack of smoothness).
They may be related, but it's not 100% sure. From what I've seen, the 1st seems to affect more GPB, the second more MXB.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 20, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 20, 2016, 01:35:55 PM
Excellent ! I'm convinced we have two issues at hand: one is game stability (crashes), the other is multiplayer netcode (lack of smoothness).
They may be related, but it's not 100% sure. From what I've seen, the 1st seems to affect more GPB, the second more MXB.

Unfortunately the situation is worse.
There are additional reported problems:
- very long connection times
- laptimes arriving very late
- chat not working after a while
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

doubledragoncc

I really noticed how long load times for MXB are compared to GPB and to be honest it showed me how lucky we have been in GPB>

If I can help with testing in anyway I am at your service Piboso. For both MXB and GPB

DD

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 20, 2016, 02:45:14 PM

True, but from what I've seen chat issues and laptime issues seems to be part of the broader "server going nuts" problem.
Absolutely right about connection time, sometimes one just can't connect to the server (stuck at "Connecting" or "Connected" state). This may be independent from anything else.

[Side note, mostly for others: some recent mod bikes are huge in size and it seems to me that that has an influence on the connection time, even when everything goes fine]

TFC

Mod bikes definitely play a part when returning to the pit after someone joins. Sometimes hangs for 30 + seconds and sometimes cores

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 20, 2016, 03:38:29 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 20, 2016, 02:45:14 PM

True, but from what I've seen chat issues and laptime issues seems to be part of the broader "server going nuts" problem.
Absolutely right about connection time, sometimes one just can't connect to the server (stuck at "Connecting" or "Connected" state). This may be independent from anything else.

[Side note, mostly for others: some recent mod bikes are huge in size and it seems to me that that has an influence on the connection time, even when everything goes fine]

The huge size could be because some bikeMODS are being shipped with a lot of bike paints - Many in the region of 4MB+ in size for a single paint file(Too much and there's no need for paints that size in my opinion).

Hawk.