• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:29:30 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Bike reset options?

Started by davidboda46, October 21, 2016, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Since it seems like some people like the new long press reset and others prefer the "instant one", and some would like the older version back, would it not be possible to chose between them, like in "settings"? Playing alone offline, I can't see an issue with being able to use the one you prefer. And on the server side, the race admin could choose which one (or multiple ones) are in use during the event. The decision could be taken through a democratic vote, or the admin could just go dictator and decide.

What you guys think?   

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

I think so long as the server admin has the option to decide which bike reset system to be active during race events then it doesn't matter what is in use when riders are riding in a test session or practice or alone at home.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: davidboda46 on October 21, 2016, 11:01:17 AM
Since it seems like some people like the new long press reset and others prefer the "instant one", and some would like the older version back, would it not be possible to chose between them, like in "settings"? Playing alone offline, I can't see an issue with being able to use the one you prefer.
But you can already: short press = instant reset (the new one), long press = the "on track" reset (the old one).

valerian

Thank you HornetMax for the tip

However, it does not work on custom tracks I tested(Carole, Dijon, Ledenon)
Long press on these tracks will make a restart from the pits

HornetMaX

Quote from: valerian on October 24, 2016, 07:53:53 AM
Thank you HornetMax for the tip

However, it does not work on custom tracks I tested(Carole, Dijon, Ledenon)
Long press on these tracks will make a restart from the pits
Right, but that's a problem of these tracks, not of GPB.
I don't recall exactly what the issue is (something related to min/max lines), but I'm sure our track gurus (Hawk?) can provide more details.

doubledragoncc

It is a pain, but in real life, you dump the bike you normally go back to the pits to fix it lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

Every single mod track must be updated with min max lines to make use of 3 secs respawn on track, if not , you respawn in pits.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on October 24, 2016, 01:56:23 PM
Every single mod track must be updated with min max lines to make use of 3 secs respawn on track, if not , you respawn in pits.
Cool, sounds like *some* work :)

But what were the min/max lines used for before (i.e. before the 3sec respawn) ?
The feature was there but no mod track was using it ?!

Warlock

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 07, 2016, 11:14:17 AM
- pressing the reset button for three seconds the bike is reset to the track ( but only if the check lines have been generated )

Not sure if check lines are those max min lines mentioned. Haven't messed aroud with it.
In Beta8, centerline was used for respawn if im not mistaken.

Hawk

The checklines are used for the 3 sec reset button hold bike reset as far as I understand it(this will put you back on the track surface)....... The min/max lines are used to position the bike at the outer edge limits of the track surface instead of at the track centreline. This is why the more accurate the centre positioning of the track centreline to the centre of the track surface the more accurate the respawn of the bike was to the track surface edges instead of, as we saw many times, the bike sometimes got respawned just off the track surface.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

OK. So the problem is "only" mod tracks not having check lines, right ?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 24, 2016, 04:59:43 PM
OK. So the problem is "only" mod tracks not having check lines, right ?

Yep.  :-X ;D

Hawk.

Hawk

A lot of the problems of people having trouble getting back on track after a crash could be solved by bikeMODS having their tyre grass grip factors increased to give a more realistic grip on a grass surface instead of what currently amounts to a feeling of riding through wet sludge.  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

And you can always "walk" the bike with the slow speed buttons, at least to point it in the right direction.