• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:19:16 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

World Racing Series beta10

Started by PiBoSo, November 22, 2016, 07:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

World Racing Series beta10 released:
http://www.worldracingseries.net/?page=news

Download:
http://www.worldracingseries.net/?page=downloads
( download mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

PiBoSo

November 22, 2016, 07:05:18 PM #1 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:19:48 PM by PiBoSo
Release notes
- a clean installation is strong recommended
- replays are not compatible with the previous versions

- The way to enable the physics debug mode has been changed: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2314

dibu

Thank you very much, I still love WRS  :)

My servers are already updated and I hope that I'll find time for a test at the weekend.

janaucarre

Stout Johnson

-----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

PiBoSo

Phathry25

Awesome work!  The constant ODE errors with the sprint car are gone!  And drawing the links for the suspension is super nice.  Much appreciated.

You forgot to notify/update the change in using physics debug mode for WRS.

oppolo

I have stuttering in Holjes with drop to 40...I can run PC at 60 fps with 25 cars at almost full details. win10 geforce 980, drivers 361.75

Stout Johnson

@Piboso: I briefly tested WRS beta10 with the Caterham and it seems like the tire overheat problem is gone.  :)  Did you change anything to the tires?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 26, 2016, 01:52:59 PM
@Piboso: I briefly tested WRS beta10 with the Caterham and it seems like the tire overheat problem is gone.  :)  Did you change anything to the tires?

Kevin is in charge of the cars' physics data.
He didn't change anything in the tyres, but there are several changes in the suspensions. These improvements, including the fix of the tyre simulation that caused crashes, could have solved the temperature issue.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 26, 2016, 02:27:54 PM
Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 26, 2016, 01:52:59 PM

Kevin is in charge of the cars' physics data.
He didn't change anything in the tyres, but there are several changes in the suspensions. These improvements, including the fix of the tyre simulation that caused crashes, could have solved the temperature issue.

Well, nice then thanks to you and your team. There always seems to be some nice surprise in addition to what is described in the changelog  8) I really like how WRS is developing.

DarkHorse0

Thank you PiBoSo for fixing the sprint car errors! Waiting for a steering wheel to show up, hoping Christmas is good to me this year and can really see what they drive like!

dibu

I know the Formula cars are not in the focus atm, but starting with beta9, I have a problem with the supension of the F3000 car. It's nearly impossible to drive fast laps at bumpy tracks (e.g. Nordschleife, A1-Ring). The car is very unstable at the bumps even when softening the suspension settings, it simply jumps. I've also core.exe problems when touching some white lines or curbs.
F2000 doesn't show this problem. 

As others already reported, the sprintcar is much better than in beta9. Only one core.exe so far when hitting hard the inner wall.